Was the LD vs LCW gold medal final the best match ever?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by galaxyduo, Aug 5, 2012.

1. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Far from being the best match ever as the winner was somewhat predictable.

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    We can't get Utube in Canada, so I did not hear Utube. First of, I don't think LD fear or scared of any player, the other way may be true.
    I heard that quote in the Utube too that LD said like LCW is fearsome, but LD himself is fearsome too.
    LD quote was after his win that he said that (I am trying to recall where I read it, I bet was in BC forum in his interview to CHN media, I think right after after his win) but the 'nervous, scared' in exclamation mark is more like tense after seeing LCW easily knocked the daylight of CL in 2 straights and that LCW was in top form and no effect from his injury.
    LCW won the first set and had LD on the rope. LCW played great, maybe he could play better, but in a major event final that was IMO the best game LCW could possibly play and still LD find a way to win. LCW dropped to his knee after that shot was out was like 'oh, so close, and what else can I do to win type of helpless feeling'.

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

The youtube link works for me in Canada. If that's the interview, it was the reporter who said LCW was scary.

LD replied that "instead of saying LCW is scary, I feel that I am scary too". Basically it was a put-down for the idiotic reporter who also said that she did not see any sign of LCW's foot injury while LD graciously acknowledged that he had some advantage because of LCW's foot injury.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As usual,reporters like to sensationalise and spice things up.Yes,in that interview,the reporter was the one who said LCW was a fearsome opponent, to which Lin Dan added he himself was fearsome too. Remarkably, Lin Dan conducted himself in a humble,mature and tactful manner in reply to the reporter's provocative questions and remarks and in talking about LCW graciously. He's really grown a lot.

Frankly, I also prefer him clean shaven with fewer tattoos, just that it's my motto to live and let live. And again about the cross tattoo, I've read somewhere that he's an atheist (never a Christian in the first place) and the tattoo is to honour his grandmother who believes in Christianity and often prays for him before every tournament.