KKK/TBH to split

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by Wildstone, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badminton/badminton-bam-mulls-reshuffling-kien-keat-boon-heong-1.122114

While we all praise the fighting spirit of LCW, how about we start a discussion on whether KKK/TBH attitudes are acceptable. They put up a good fight in first match and despite having several game points, they lost concentration and eventually lost the first game (so typical of Malaysian pairs that I could give tens of examples of matches where they were leading and eventually failed to win). Well, for whatever reasons that was, they should try their best to play second game. Their second game attitude was like a WTF attitude, just keep lifting the shuttle as if they are daring the Koreans to keep smashing harder (and the Koreans did, and crushed them). I mean, yeah it's a bit disappointed to have lost first game when you should've won, but as a professional how could you just give it up totally without any spirits after that, especially that is an Olympic medal match, not any other Open tournament match.

I can see the disappointment face expression of the Koreans during the Bronze medal match for not being able to advance to the final (you can totally tell that they are not as excited as in the semi-final), but they still show a good fighting spirit. Compared to the Malaysians their attitude is clearly unacceptable.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

They probably were told that if they don't medal they'll be split. So when it seemed impossible to beat the Koreans, they just said wtf with it. :p

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

It's hard to point out what's KKK/TBH's strengths were at the semi finals. Defense was weak and attack was not threatening. It appeared to me that they just did not take the Olympics serious enough.

4. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Not talking about the semi where they faced Cai/Fu, but the Bronze where they faced Chung/Lee. Though I agree that they didn't put up a good fight too when playing Cai/Fu. However, their attitude in Bronze really pisses everybody off.

5. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

KKK and TBH's were very much club players mentality if you looked at their body language. KKK loves fancy shots, and gambles on street smart. They did not appear to be systematically trained. This could be attributed to the make up of people who run BAM. Korean has the speed, Chinese has the consistency and defense, Indonesia has the killing attack, Denmark has the strategy, Malaysia has....I don't really know, maybe little bit of everything.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

TBH already mentioned it s gold or nothing. Since they have no chance for gold, why bother about bronze. They are keeping their word. What s wrong with that.

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Please visit KKK/TBH thread for further discussion. There are already many KKK/TBH threads.
    This issue of them of them splitting has been discussed, news posted, etc,etc since before OG. After Rexy left, they are just bidding their time, waiting for OG to be over.

#7 eaglehelang, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Lol, perhaps thats the reason. KKK pissed with TBH for the change coach issue. TBh pissed with KKK's fancy shots, both thinking stay, split,stay,split. Thats why score also up, down,up,down, then, all the way down, hahaha

9. speedyambarish

speedyambarish Regular Member

Aw man they are one of my favourite pairs... but I guess it's for the better :(

10. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

i think is time for them to split as they r not doing well for quite a long time. it is obvious that they r struggling especially against CY/FHF, JJS/LYD and Boe/Mogensen.

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    All good things must come to an end, In this case, all bad things. The earlier the better.

12. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

hehe i quite like this, Club player's mentality is quite accurate.

They walk around the court with this arrogance and this "I can't be bothered to try too hard cos I'm too good" kind of laziness on court. I've seen plenty of that in clubs!!!

Of course, talent alone may mean you are the kings of club play, but that's not enough to cut it at world class level.

13. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    Yes , I seen plenty of those around where I play as well, they think they are gifted and hitting trick-shots that at best would win one point in 20 attempts . and many does not even bother try which is annoying to play with or against....when they are losing they gives up and when they are winning they try all kind of trick shots ......

14. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

Well I'm glad they're splitting. TBH has really come to his own (I remembered the AE2007 where he really made an impression on me, but he had a lot of weaknesses) but now he's so much better, he deserves a better partner. KKK, I still admire him (love watching him play), but now he's gotten to fancy... too arrogant.. too slow. TBH deserves a new partner. Someone fresh and young :p

15. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

TBH has strong smash however there is room for improvement. He needs to get it up to the level of Fu Hai Feng. Preferably his next partner is someone with strong net play, like Cai.