Lee Hyun Il ( 이현일 / 李炫一 )

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by cooler, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

He keeps looking around as though he's being watched.:eek: I wonder why!!

2. volcom

volcom Regular Member

6th senses tingling!

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

wow boss! you are lucky! haha :D

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    because our boss was stalking him
    hehe

5. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Many Thanks to LHI

Just a quick note to thank LHI.

His preformance @this years olympic games made the event special.

he breezed through his qualifying pool and took out JOJ on his way to the match against Chen Jin.

In the past chen Jin has had the upper hand, but not this time. Lee Hyun Il dominated the match.

His wrist power on the punch smash was incredible and a joy to watch.

The game against LD he was understandably tired.

He should have taken the Bronze against Chen Long outplaying him forcing Chen into a retrival game such was LHI shot accuracy.

The cross court forhand net followed by backhand cross court net was my fave shot of the tournament.

So juts so he is not fogotten, LCW is probably feeling abd today but imagine how LHI is feeling missing out on bronze twice must hurt.

Thanks LHI it is a privilidge to watch you play the game, you and Gade are the master tacticians.

6. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Agree. LHI is a great player that is always neglected by the badminton fans. He has a very unique play style, and technical. His legs are certainly one of the strongest amongst the pro. I only wished he could be more consistent and get into form quicker during match.

LHI is arguably the best MS Korea has produced so far, and finishing 4th two times in Olympic is a great achievement nonetheless.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LHI is to me simply the greatest comeback kid. How many can retire and come back still as good if not better than ever, hardly any and certainly not as impressive. His patient manoeuvring game coupled with sudden lethal counter-attacking shots and superb defence is marvellous to watch.

Just an analogy,if any WS can play like him will be world champion many times over. (Why not like LD or LCW? Because to expect the ladies to imitate their explosive attacking style is really pushing it, not that LHI is weaker in that sense,he can be as dynamic at times,just that his style is more suitable for ladies to emulate, if you get what I mean).

8. policecop

policecop Regular Member

Has he retired then? All the Korea MS players seem to have disappeared since the Olympics. Park sung hwan looks to have gone for good, he hasn't played since 2011 worlds.

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

^

Lee Hyun Il has retired I believe, Park was struggling with injury and combined with his military service it's difficult, he might be back, time will tell. Shon Wan Ho I believe, postponed his military service during the Olympic qualification period and as a result has to make up for it by doing it now. You might see Shon back in November. The other Korean singles players aren't that strong, Hong Ji Hoon has shown much, and neither has Lee Deun Keung. Kang Ji Wook seems set on playing doubles only.

This is just my insight though event, will have better information than me :)

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    No more singles players in Korea...

11. event

event Regular Member

Mostly correct. I haven't heard anything about Son doing military service, though he may choose to do it soon. Lee has indeed retired. Park has been off the national team since the spring though he'd been inactive for much longer. He did an interview with a magazine this year saying he wished he could have gone to London too and that he hoped to be back. He is still on the roster for the Yonex pro team in Seoul but he didn't play in either of the recent events and isn't signed up for the one in early November. Son played in the last domestic event but isn't signed up for the one coming up, apart from the team event.

Apart from Hong and Lee Dong Keun, there is Park Sung Min, Choi Young Woo, and perhaps Kim Min Ki and Ha Young Woong, but only the first of those four is a dedicated singles player and none of them have been in more than a couple of tournaments in the last year.

Kang Ji Wook is now just a doubles player. The same thing happened to Choi Young Woo and Shin Baek Cheol and many others before him and will happen to Choi Sol Gyu when he leaves high school, no doubt.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Any idea what Lee Hyun Il will be doing after retirement?

13. Javin

Javin Regular Member

Student
    Latest news of LHI ?? Any advise how to play like him ??

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

He's retired, the only advise is work hard. LHI's game is based around his excellent footwork and stamina, as well as the quality of his shots.

15. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

There are rumours that Lee Hyun Il is making a come back with Victor as his sponsor (new contract signed on 25 Jan). This meant that he will at least compete in victor taiwan open and other international tournaments sponsored by victor (nor mentioned by the source). He will also actively play in league matches although I suspect it will be the own Korean league. It's a great news for all the badminton fans :). The international circuit has became a little dull ever since he retired :]. His graceful style is no doubt an aesthetic piece of artwork in badminton. Wish he could play on forever.

#195 lcleing, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  16. Javin

Javin Regular Member

Student
    LHI's comeback

Wow , I'm so glad to hear his return !!! Recently bought his racket too !! Hope more of his videos can be uploaded to YouTube guys !!!

17. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LHI is indeed a soft paw and a very effective player. His comeback is indeed good news to his fans and the sport of badminton. In the context of comeback, I wonder what has happened to PSH and SWH. Without these three players, Korea has no one of caliber to represent it in international tournaments in the men's singles discipline.

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    YES...I can confirm that LHI is back....Korean badminton persuaded him to play another 2 years...he is submitting doping test first..He is planning to do some exhibition in Canada in May ( Been told)...he is playing Djarum Superliga next week and he is one of players for ASIAN ALL STARS of AXIATA CUP

19. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

How come Korea cannot find any MS players? Yet they have so many good Men Doubles players?

I wonder if Lee Yong Dae played singles how good he'd be?

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lost to hafiz hashim.