What are Yonex Isometric Zeta specs, its pretty good for the price...!!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Jenni00, May 29, 2012.

1. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    I just tried a Yonex Isometric Zeta and well i found it pretty good light and a bit head heavy just like my ARC10 :p

I could not take it out of the plastic packing so dont know exactly how heavy heavy it is thus this thread..

If anyone can please put some light on the specs of the Isometric Zeta it will be great. Overall it is very close to the feel i get with my ARC10 an it can be very good backup for the ARC10 :) which VT7 was not.

Any info on head weight, release date and other info/experiences with the Zeta will be very helpful.

It is priced at $44 i know its more expensive than some e retailers but i will get it immediately.

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why let yourself be blinded by specs if you already like the feel? Are they Zimbabwean dollars :D?

3. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    I once bought a Wilson Hyper based on just feel and after taking off the packaging the overall fell shifted, from head light it went to balanced and the grip was worthless :( Even with lead tape i could not get that balance back...

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    well, no many knows what is the spec of Iso Zeta
    however, if you do like it, then buy it
    nothing can beat the feeling of "this is the right racket for me"

5. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    Ok i called up Yonex Thailand and then China, i got some specs but i don't know how correct they are their English was not exactly English :p

Specs for Yonex Iso Zeta:

Length: 670mm
    BP : 290-300mm "Depends on something could not make out what he said"
    Weight : 3U
    Flexibility : High
    100% carbon shaft and head

Humm lets see my ARC10 specs:

Length: 670mm "I think did not really measure"
    BP : 295-300mm
    Weight : 3U
    Flexibility : Low
    100% carbon shaft and head

The weird thing is that while my ARC10 is stiff the Zeta is flexible but it did not feel like that at all. I felt loss of control but no real increase in power from the ARC10 but i was thinking its because of the excessive packaging. The other possible choice is a nanospeed 9000 but its not available at most places.

6. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

Why do you hate the vt7?

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The iso zeta is classed as a beginners racket in England and only sells for around £20 so I would expect it be lacking in quality compared to an arc10 but for the price it may be worth giving it a try. I imagine the string may need replacing for something reasonable.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes all the Yonex with greek alphabet are entry level models but for some/most players it might not make that much of a difference ... (;))
    So indeed depending on the price ($44 SGD?) it can't hurt the wallet too much.
    Specs don't say all that much/everything either/don't tell the whole story. ARC10 is definitely 675mm ... still not sure what exactly all this "packaging" is :D?? Plastic wrap on the handle?? Other than being slippery doesn't make all that much of a difference ...

9. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    The packaging is all the plastic wrap till the head along with the tons of light blue tape that is present at various places "Head, shaft and handle", since the tape seems to be of a rigid variety i guess its metallic and will no doubt play a part in the feel of the racquet but by how much idk.

ARC10 being 675mm means its longer than the Zeta, but i was thinking all these new rackets share the same length... My Cab 8 is much shorter i would guess 650-660mm but is a hoot to play with :p

NS 9000 is a again another racket than seems to suit me just fine its slight head heavy and overall light but its not available anywhere near will have to get it imported and that will take too long :(

10. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    how do you feel it if it is warped with plastic?
    the weight and feel might be altered because of it

arc is 675
    while old racket like cab 8 would be 665

11. Jenni00

Jenni00 Regular Member

Photographer
    I bought it after all and after taking off all the plastic wrap the racket has too much flex its BP now feels even more head heavy. I tried to return it to the shop but he said sunrise has directed him not to take back any racket without the packaging. After a lot of please and requests i got some store credit, i have put in an order for the NS 9000 but not sure when it will be in stock again :(

For the time being i bought a NANOSPEED EXCEL which is pretty decent a little head heavy and a lot cheap than any other NANOSPEED. I am just happy that the NS EXCEL did not have any plastic covering it :p