Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. KariSeng

KariSeng Regular Member

u have been misled.
    it is just psychology tactic to tear latok lee apart.
    but now it seems no need.

super dan is terribly sad that he cannot end his career by thrashing latok for the 2nd time in the most prestigious final.

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Since when does a china player goes beyond 30? ;)

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're assuming Datuk Lee will fail to enter London Final? I still think and hope there's a high chance they will meet in the final, barring unforeseen circumstances.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For men, I'm hoping,but unlikely,Lin Dan will be the first as he is still so good,peerless,unmatched,incomparable.

For women,there is already Zhang Ning who at 32 won her 2nd OG gold.

In life,there are exceptions though exceptions do not make the rule.

5. fauci

fauci Regular Member

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

so, with today's match, LD never fail to deliver 1st point for his team in the TC final day. that's great i think. he did his job nicely.
    as for the other matches of TC, with LD as MS1 or not, anybody can give me info how many times he lost? i only know 1 when he lost to LCW in 2008 TC, in QF or SF. thanks

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    [TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 655"][TABLE="align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: f-title"][h=1]
    Super Dan wonders about future

WUHAN, China, April 27 (Xinhua) -- "Super Dan" is wondering about his future as his closest rivals have announced they won't play next Thomas Cup.
    "It's the last Thomas Cup for my old friends Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat," said Lin Dan. "I can't help wondering about how many more Thomas Cups I will play."
    The 28-year-old Chinese defeated Lee Hyun Il 21-14, 21-17 in China's 3-0 thrashing of South Korea on Sunday afternoon, leading China to its fifth straight men's team championship and winning his own 16th world title.
    "I didn't sleep well last night," Lin said after Sunday's final.
    Lin's longtime rival Peter Gade of Denmark, 36, has announced his willingness to retire after London Olympics, while Indonesian Taufik Hidayat, 31, also claimed London Olympics will be his last Games.
    Lin, four-time world champion, five-time All England winner and the reigning Olympic champion, is hailed as "a perfect shuttler" by Lee Hyun Il.
    "I've been playing with Lin for almost a decade. He's always able to play sharp and quick kills," said Lee after losing his 13th encounter with Lin in their 16 meetings. "
    As for London Olympics, Lin mentioned his quarterfinal opponent, Liew Daren of Malaysia, as "dark horse".
    "The men's singles has become more competitive four years after the Beijing Olympics," said Lin. "I will keep fighting whoever stands across the net."
    [/h][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Lol what's there to wonder about..You are still 28 years old. Keep playing until China can rest easy with Chen Long cemented his position as your worthy successor.

And why did he mention Daren Liew as dark horse in the Olympics London, didn't he realise that Malaysia can only send one representative for MS and that's Lee Chong Wei.

8. fauci

fauci Regular Member

This song from the 90s by the Japanese band WANDS was broadcast after Lin Dan's match with LHI in the Thomas Cup final. Lin Dan mentioned in the interview that he likes this song and got a tatoo with a similar meaning to the name of the song.

[video=youtube;xrqq98aTBEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrqq98aTBEM[/video]

9. policecop

policecop Regular Member

Is Lin Dan a Christian then? I noticed he crossed himself before the match with Lee Hyun-il.

10. fauci

fauci Regular Member

He seems to have a new cross tattoo on his left upper arm as well

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Ala david beckham perhaps. ;)

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Lin Dan...regardless of what happens in the Olympics, your next job is to win the fifth World title in Guangzhou and fifth Sudirman Cup in the row in Kuala Lumpur next year.

Match your title count with that Park Joo Bong. You shouldnt let a Korean top the World title table for too long!4

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

It is the song from Japanese cartoon tv series "Slam Dunk", song name "until the time (end?) of the world", which is tattooed on LD's body.

#2933 Jonc108, May 28, 2012
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  14. KariSeng

KariSeng Regular Member

Even prof park cannot match super Dan 2 Olympic golds.Even before that, park has no Thomas cup medal. LOL

15. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

wow! looks like the fans is more ambitious than lin dan himself bout the OG gold and another titles. haha. i think we should not lay the burden on him. hehe

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Well he is into winning the next Thomas Cup edition in 2014...we should be jubilating about him staying until he is 30....come on he can still deliver in Asian Games Incheon and Two more world championships (one in China, one is Copenhagen)

He would be cautious about Asian Games in Incheon because that's an ideal place for Koreans to start cheating

17. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Nothing left for LCW before he retires?

18. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    lin dan have new weapon, i can say it is deception. i saw he done continuously during match againt daren liew. at first, he will jump high to tame the shuttle for smashing, but the point of contact during he execute the smash is a inch before he land his both leg. the shuttle flying have more control with the angle and accuracy instead of power. The shuttle will drop more toward in front of the player instead of side of player.

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    At this rate, Lee Chong Wei should just retire right after the Olympics or maybe wait a little longer to
    break Wong Peng Soon's Malaysia Open record. He is inviting more injuries to his body if he plays until WC 2013
    Olympics is possibly a no no for Lee Chong Wei. Whoever got drawn in his half is very lucky to benefit from his injury.

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Seems like a fast & steep drop shot, after that LD will rush to the net for the kill, is it correct ?