Yonex bg 80 for ARC 9FL?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Gungirl526, May 12, 2012.

1. Gungirl526

Gungirl526 Regular Member

Hi guys! So today its my first time restringing my Arc 9fl racket. So I am planning to string it with bg80. I usually play with plastic birdies and I saw post saying that bg80 doesn't work well with them.
    My racket is string with bg65 @ 23lb. I wanted a little change so I did bg80 @ 24. Will it be a big difference?

Let me know !

2. DukeM

DukeM Regular Member

I prefer thick string w/plastic. Like BG65-Ti/BG-70 if you want something a little different, or stick with BG65 but at a different tension. Some say low tension generates more power for plastic but I still prefer high tension/thick string with plastic since it helps alleviate the dull feel of synthetic "feathers".

3. Gungirl526

Gungirl526 Regular Member

dukem thanks for the reply ! bg80 would do no good ? I've already dropped it off to the badmintion centre :p

#3 Gungirl526, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    You'll feel a big difference, in a good way. Power will go up a lot if you are consistent in hitting the sweet spot.

5. DukeM

DukeM Regular Member

It's all up to personal preference. I normally run BG80, but I cut it for BG65 during the high school season.(plastic)

6. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    It'll be fine. Be sure to remember the differences between the 2 strings. Maybe make a string diary to jot down what you like and don't like about each string. I went from a BG65ti to BG80 but I kept the same tension (24lbs at the time) playing with plastics. I found the BG80 gave me a bit more oophm in my smashes and better control at the net. Then gradually...I upped the tension (to 25lbs, then 27lbs). I'm currently sticking with 27lbs and am trying different strings cuz I think I prefer a medium feel vs hard feel (like BG80).

Everybody's preferences are different. What works for some may not work for others. Only way you'll know is to try.

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

You won't know until you try them... So give it a shot and if you don't like it... Change it when it snaps! I give you 4 weeks tops :p