Armortec Special Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by armortec800, May 20, 2004.

1. yo8250

yo8250 New Member

wow

it 's so cool . But inThailand, Yonex shop hasn 't provide it

2. p996tt

p996tt Regular Member

Yes, all other components are perfect. The serial numbers (on the ceritifcate and the two warranty cards) all match. The bags and everything else look the same as the ones I have seen on the net.

Even the racquet itself, I have checked it with my AT800 and everything (CS Cap, overall racquet length, handle length, armortec grommets, etc) is identical except the paint job and extra gromments on the AT800. It's just this spelling error that's the problem.:confused:

3. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

No Typo

Hi, I have an AT SB limited edition. and my shaft definitely doesnt look like that. Mine looks exactly like the ones from BBeshop (since i got my racquet from them), and there is a sticker saying that its from Sunrise shop (very likely since its the racquet is designed in partnership with sunrise shop). My number is 4176... though it is a later number than yours but i think they would not have different shafts.. or printing.. Hmmm.. i can get pictures on soon when i get my digi cam back from my friend.

4. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Not like AT700

Hi there, I think it should be more like an AT 800 OF. I have an AT700 and the AT Limited Edition, both strung at 24/25lbs. Just played with them last nite.. and the head of the AT LE certainly feel heavier/slower response.. both these racquets are 3U version.. so i doubt its the overall weight.. Ive been trying both these racquets on fast flat rallies, and with the AT LE, I couldnt return as easy as my AT 700, and it does makes my wrist a bit more tired. I havent tried the AT 800. but from them bbeshop website, it also said that it will have similar features as the AT 800 OF. It does help with smashing though, having faster shuttle when hitting downwards (thus quite head heavy). Hope that helps.

*I do suggest playing singles with this racquet. Not just that it has slower response when fast games like doubles, but also, I dont think anyone would want to clash their racquets into their partners!!.. Limited Edition...

5. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Compare Racquets

Hi there p996tt, since ur situated in NZ, by chance, are u in either Auckland or Dunedin? if yes, then we might be able to compare our racquets side by side.. just a suggestion.. hehe

#105 benibeni, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  6. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Eat My Words

TO everyone...

I have to take back every word i say about the fake AT LE and the whole wrong spelling stuff.. And i can see the confusion of the whole spelling thing.

First of all , the pics posted which spell the correct Super Brands... is located on the racquet,
    Secondly, the picture which p996tt posted which has the wrong spelling SUper Barands, is also on the racquet!!...
    So i think there is a misspelled word there.
    I got my racquet (AT4176) from BBE, which i asked them and said their racquets are sourced from Yonex Sunrise...

I hope this clears a bit of the confusion.. I wonder will Yonex soon post a letter of apology to the buyers who bought a slightly defected product.

7. p996tt

p996tt Regular Member

I guess this must be Yonex's fault for mis-spelling the word. The probability for both BBE and Luxis selling fake racquets is close to zero IMO.

No wonder why I couldn't find a photo of it anywhere on the net. Is every seller just trying to hide this typo?

I hope Yonex can do something about this...mis-spelled word on a limited edition racquet?:confused:

#107 p996tt, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Just an interesting thought :)

Isn't "Barand" in Japanese means "Brand" ? :D:D
    (As Japanese tend to speak the first section harder)
    I just thought about this because I know generally, Japanese are not good at English.....:p

9. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I don't know Yonex will misspelled or not; but I know the Chinese fake Yonex rackets are always mispelled. ;)

10. p996tt

p996tt Regular Member

I emailed Luxis about the typo, here is the reply I got:

Let's see what reply Yonex is going to give us.

11. forrestyung

Salesman

Hi P996tt,

No need to worry any more. I have visited many racket shops and all of the Amortec LE are misspelled.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I wonder if this would be qualified for the warranty replacement :p:p:p
    (Yeah, it comes with warranty, right? Now it's the time to use it!! ):cool:

13. overhead_rhythm

overhead_rhythm Regular Member

-Is this AT limited editon Head Heavy?
    -compare to Ti-10, AT700 & AT800OF which one is Head Heavier?
    -how is the durability compare to Ti-10, AT700 & AT800OF
    -how about the stiffness?

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Are you actually considering buy one and use it??:eek:

15. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Yonex email

Hi there, does anyone know Yonex Japan's email? Wish to write an email to ask about the matter. Or Yonex Sunrise's email address?

Hmmmm.... really a bit dissappointed with the spelling mistake on an Limited Edition racquet.

Cheers

16. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Hi there, I can only tell u of the comparison between the AT limited edition with the AT700 as i have already broken my Ti-10..
    The At limited edition is VERY head heavy, heavier than AT700... I think the stiffness is about the same. You will certainly feel a difference when using it to return smashes or do defensive flicks... Had to adjust timing with smashes too..
    Dont think i'd be playing much with this racquet.. its too expensive to break.

17. HunglikeAbull

HunglikeAbull Regular Member

Yonex Japan contact page

Your best shot:

http://www.yonex.co.jp/con-contact.html

I asked for some explanantion about my broken AT700 and the similar horror stories I got from friends and stringers. I received what seemed like an auto-acknowledgment promising to get back to me in a few days. Don't hold your breath because they never did.

Try this too:

http://www.yonex.co.jp/intl/contact.html

#117 HunglikeAbull, Oct 21, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  18. benibeni

benibeni Regular Member

Thanks

Thank you very.. i send them the mail through the international website.. Hope they reply.. fingers crossed..

Thanks to kwun for replying my message regarding Chun 123.. Anyone who knows about Lawrence or Chun 123, please could you contact me thanks.

19. forrestyung

Salesman
    I think Yonex will advise you to correct it by liquid paper. :D

IMO, the collection value of this racket will be increased since it should be the first time that Yonex has wrong spelling on it's racket. For the normal practice of Japanese, he will get back all the problem products and throw them away, but the value of rackets is so high and also related with Sunrise, so I don't know Yonex will do so or not.

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The AT LE is an AT700, but with a different colour scheme. :D