Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Wait.....the BS09 is head heavier than the LYD??

:confused:

2. Rocker

Rocker Regular Member

Students
    Everyone has different feeling about this racket :confused:

Victor bad quality control??

3. niemrieng

niemrieng Regular Member

it seems that the feedback for BS LYD are so confusing... hichic... try to follow but got lost :(

@maklike tier: when will u have one to try???

NR

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    BSLYD supposed to be the head heaviest of all BS, and have some way around the same stiffness..

5. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    You have good eyes :) SPOT ON!

6. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Yes the best option is to try it out on the court hitting shuttles.
    This is what I do when I want a new racket. I dont really bother about the stiffness, head heavy or not etc.

Just my 2 cents

7. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Which would be great in a perfect world, but in my neck of the woods, I've never seen, and never played with, anyone who has the same rackets that I have....and I know one person who has a LYD and hes the guy that sells them.

If it wasn't for badminton forums, I probably would think Yonex is the only brand of badminton racket!

8. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Well, the local supplier here will let you test out the rackets on court before buying, so it doesn't always have to come from a friend.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I them in my hands right now. The BS09 is 5mm head heavier, strung with NBG98 and one super grap on the factory grip. The LYD is strung with a BG80 and has one super grap on the factory grip (G2 though, not G3). So the 09 is ~8mm head heavier....it baffled me as well, but it's also the reason I'm inclined to get the BS09 instead of the LYD.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

But if the rackets you can test are strung 4-6lbs below your usual tension, you'll not be able to tell much about the feeling and stiffness anyway....just how it swings (i.e. how quick/heavy/tiring it is).
    The problem with the most recent batch of test rackets was that I can barely feel the shuttle compared to my usual rackets (27-31lbs vs 21-23 -.-)

I've decided to pass on the BS LYD and get BS09s instead. Head heavier&softer - a much better singles racket and much more power on kills and late/quick smashes. Not too sure about the all-out jump smash, but I suspect the higher stiffness will give the LYD a slight edge there. Still, I'm betting my ass the one LYD actually uses carries a lot more weight in the head than the one I can buy :p

#310 j4ckie, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Yeah, I don't think we ever thought that LYD uses off the shelf BS9's or BS-LYD's. :p

12. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi friends, any fans here in singapore already had this racket,. How is this lee yong dae ltd compare to kason F9 and n50 ii,, thanks ??

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Can't say anything about the F9, but the N50II and BS LYD are worlds apart. N50II is medium, LYD is stiff, N50II is heavy, LYD is probably in the usual 85-87 range, N50II is head heavy, LYD only very slightly so...
    All in all, the BS LYD is loads quicker, which makes it the superior doubles racket imop. Not so easy to use as it doesn't do much on it's own (too stiff/head light), but much easier to defend with. While the N50II is suited to back court players who smash a lot and don't come forward often, the BS LYD is the opposite as it's suited to net players who go to the back occasionally.
    Personally, I'd prefer the LYD in doubles/mixed where I take the shuttle in front of my body a lot and play a quicker, flatter game, and the N50II in singles where I play more clears and generally have more time to prepare for a shot (regarding the swing).

14. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    Guys, im gonna share my short experience with my lyd strung 27lbs bg66um. after 5 hours of playing. All i can say compared to my yonex 008t lol. its light and fast, defense is amazing and clear is easy :D, even my gf loves it ahahaha..its truly for double and i never get shoulder pain after performing repeat smash.

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I used to owe n50 ii and kason f9,kason f9 doesn't seen to be as good compare to n50 ii. N50 ii has better feeling and pack more power in smashes. Only advantage is it'd defend better than n50 ii.,.

16. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

With the MX60 as my more or less main racquet, I had a first play of the BS-LYD last night.

Both are strung BG66UM @23lbs.

Maybe I'm a slow learner or the 2 racquets had too different, but I had problems adapting to the swing-speed of the latter. Also, as predicted, the BS-LYD feels less powerful due to its stiffer shaft. Maybe a higher skilled and/or more powerful player can exploit it fully.

Didn't play with it more than 2 games, as I don't wanna let my doubles partner suffer too much. :) Will check back in here again, after I have played with it more extensively.

17. Gatorade

Gatorade Regular Member

I bought one last week, great racquet and much stiffer than what i am used to, finally getting used to it after 2 sessions.

I was quite disappointed that in huge letters it said "MADE IN CHINA" on the shaft. Looking at it closely I realized that it was actually stamped on top of the paint, 30 seconds of scratching with my finger nail took off all the letters, it is now "made in china" free, love it even more now :p

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Interesting. No such thing on the German version.

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah, nothing good comes out of China. Lin Dan, FHF and Cai Yun have recently renounced their citizenship based solely on that premise, and have vowed to move to somewhere where only good stuff comes from, like Taiwan.

20. Gatorade

Gatorade Regular Member

^ I was disappointed in the big ugly letters printed over the LYD autograph, not that it was made in china