Kason Twister F9

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ioxyg3n520, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ioxyg3n520

ioxyg3n520 Regular Member

Hi. Is the Kason Twister F9 a good racket if I just wanted a overall lighter racket that is not so stiff?

Current rackets: 4U VT80 and 4U MX80.

Thanks.

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

VT80 and MX80
    Probably every racket would be lighter than these two:p

After all I've read but no experience, Twister F9 seem to be like N50, which is rather slightly head heavy AND mid flex.

If you're going to get one, please give us a review :)

3. ioxyg3n520

Hmm for sure. But does anyone know a good racket that has mid flex and even balance or BARELY headheavy and can maneuver fast which also packs a punch? =D I know that is not so much information, but just want to know if you guys have any recommendations. I would like control too, but I love smashing ;D

4. ngjeffrey

ngjeffrey Regular Member

IT
    F9 is the racket that is very light but can generate great power

5. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

hmmm not too sure about "every racquet will be lighter" part. You noticed they are both 4U racquets? :)

MX80 is only slightly heavy so I really doubt changing to N50 or F9 will make real difference.

Sure, F9 is flexier than MX80 but when it comes to smash it is the technique that matters. Good players will smash hard with any racquet. JJS smashes hard with both his MX80 and SW35;)

6. Ben.E

Ben.E New Member

Get the F9. Its feels faster than the c7 which I own and it is very easy to generate power from this racket from my experience.

7. ioxyg3n520

Do you think should get a 3U F9 if im use to my 4U rackets?

8. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

F9 has an exceptionally large sweetspot but needs some getting used to as i feel that it is a racket that suits Fu Haifeng, someone who has great arm power to generate a larger swing and momentum to easily flex such a mid stiff racket and snap the birdie off like a catapult. I don't think a wristy player would like it for its suggested shaft flexibility. If you are a wristy player, between C7 and F9, i feel that you could do better with a C7 with a stiffer flex, snappier action and precision over an 'arm' based brute force smashing weapon like F9. F9 is built to overcome Fu's weakness in defence and facilitate easier smashing with a more flexible shaft.

9. ioxyg3n520

How would you compare the f9 to more forgiving all around rackets such as the arc10 or vt70? THankss :)

10. istringforyou

F9 and VT70 are forgiving rackets. F9 is exceptionally forgiving. You wont feel it is heavy headed at all. In fact it is a balanced racket.

The point is i feel that F9 is made for Fu Haifeng's style. Big powerful muscular development that can generate huge powerful arm swing. I am such a player and i love it for its sweetspot, flex and excellent defence. It may feel too flexi for most players who uses more wrist action. F9 is rather lacking in control and only one with a big swing using brute force will love it for smashing.

11. ioxyg3n520

Hmm do you know to what extent its flexiness is. Like compared to the Nanospeed 100 or VT80?

12. istringforyou

Do not know about NS100's flexiness. But it is never as stiff as VT80. It is even more flexi than Arc7 and Arc9

13. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Hm, sounds like a nice, interesting racket. I think I would probably prefer the C7 though.

14. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

just bought a F9..trust me..u wont regret it...im using sw35 before..after changed to F9,easily to generate powerful smash..at first,it feels very light as compared to sw35,but after 1@2 games,u'll love to smash with it..hahaha

15. Mr.Seafood

Mr.Seafood Regular Member

Student
    426970_3308424233489_1354584262_33242942_1375685469_n.jpg

I dont think Kason F9 is a good racket , bought it 3 months ago and string tension was 29
    I was thought if i bought coz i thought it can generate great smash , but quite dissapointed , it doesnt feel like i was expected maybe i more into head heavy not light head heavy
    I strung it about 5 times and with same tension 29
    I realize there is a crack at 12 o'clock , and i still played with it , but suddenly when i smash , the shuttlecock hit the frame at 12 o'clock , and it became like this
    Its a good racket actually , but maybe isnt suitable for me

16. BlueTornado

It snapped like that because you kept playing with it when it was cracked, not because it's a bad racket :eek:

I guess you're too strong for it, not suitable for your power ;)

17. Mr.Seafood

Student
    the maximum tension for this racket is 28 , but i put it 1 higher , sounds doesnt reallly matter
    I judge it based on quality , should be good enough to take 29 lbs . but i wonder how come ?
    I have friends that also using F9 , he did the same thing with me , smash but hit the frame and the chip gone just like that , its kinda funny for me and my friend
    Just wondering how many times Fu hai feng change his racket since his tension up to 30 ++
    but maybe it was suitable for me
    just to share my experience

18. Mr.Seafood

Student
    wasn't suitable for me * correction

19. BlueTornado

I was only playing around before :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing though. Can anyone else with an F9 offer input on whether it has a weak frame?

20. mensa0106

mensa0106 Regular Member

im still wondering coz it stated on d racket 28lbs is d max tension for F9..but FHF,hes maybe strung his F9 more than 30++..is FHF using different F9??so far i strung my F9 with BG66 and 24lbs...i think maybe i need to change it to higher tension with NBG98 string..