2012 Swiss Open GP Gold: Qualifications to Quarter-Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    When all fails, WSX aka Banshee will utilise her final technique...the legendary LION'S ROAR

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good to see Taufik progressing and as expected, Towi/Butet got a scare in XD from the Danish pair. Kido/Hendra lost to the TPE pair that they had beaten so many times and with that, they can really say goodbye to their Olympics dream.

So, only 3 INA representatives left in the Draw.

MS QF
    Shon Wan Ho [13] vs Taufik Hidayat [10] - Taufik should nail this one, having beaten the Korean just last month. A rematch against Chen Jin beckons.

MD QF
    Goh V. Shem/Teo Kok Siang
    vs Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra [8] - although the INA pair is seeded, they have been too inconsistent and there could be an upset here.

XD QF
    Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir
    [1] vs Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying [5] - a rematch today....and I hope Towi/Butet can deliver once more.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think Towi/Butet will take it. They're high in confidence and there is less pressure on them in a tournament like this. MAS pair, while improving still have inconsistencies and a few holes to patch. Hope to see a good match, that's all

4. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    MS1 HKV vs CL (Hans stretched LD to 3 sets, so its possible he can defeat CL or at least force a rubber)
    MS2 CJ vs DL (I say CJ will win)
    WS JS vs WSX (Time for Soldier to move forward)
    XD Towi/Butet vs CPS/GLY (Match that I've been waiting for)

Viktor and TH are doing great too, maybe a rematch between the two is possible

5. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    There are about 7000 points differences between Hong/Shen and No.8 but they have a few low tournament points could be replaced. So, I think if they can win both Swiss open and Australian open and make into quarter final of Indian SS, they probably can make it

6. XiaoQi

XiaoQi Regular Member

With the Olympic qualifying period almost coming to an end, let's see who are the ones left fighting for a ticket to London:

Goh V Shem/Teo Kok Siang vs Alvent Yulianto Chandra/Hendra Aprida Gunawan - Sorry to say...but the Indonesian pair has not been performing well for the past week... and here would be another early exit for them

Hans-Kristian Vittinghus vs Chen Long - Will Hans be able to qualify at the expense of his teammate Jan... But Chen Long is here to prove that he is the one who will dominate the world of badminton in MS in the absence of LD and LCW

Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa vs Hong Wei/Shen Ye - I hope Hong/Shen can continue their good run in Europe... in the absence of the world top pairs... they have a very bright chance to grab the title... and for LYB to reconsider who should go to London...

Chen Jin vs Daren Liew - Can DL deny the odds and do a favour for Peter Gade.... It will be an uphill task for DL as I believe CJ desperately want to win here... if not it is almost over for him and he has no choice but be happy with his only olympic bronze medal....

Shon Wan Ho vs Taufik Hidayat - If Shon is from China, I think Taufik will be more motivated in his game.. Sorry, I will go for Shon, like CJ, he desperately need to win to follow Hyun-il to London

Less than 2 months.... 1GPG... 1 SS... to go... the fight to London is getting more and more interesting....

7. XiaoQi

XiaoQi Regular Member

But they are not going for Australian Open... only Chai/Guo... so it might be very hard for them... as they need to win Swiss Open and perform extremely well in India SS....

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

in MAS team campaign, except women single, each event has one slot for MAS players. But only one of four would survived today's quarterfinal matches, and that will be men double's Goh V Shem/Teo Kok Siang...

9. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Huh? The QF haven't been played yet

10. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Is it too late to register for Australian open? The chinese team probably has similar discussion among themselves at the moment especially when Chai/Guo failed to live up to the chinese second pair status and were beatened in third round here.

11. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    It is really interesting to see who is the king without LD and Lee chong Wei. It is a shame that K tago is not here.

12. linglom

linglom Regular Member

engineer
  13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  14. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    I dun think LYB will replace Chai/Guo with Hong/Shen in OG 12. Chai/Guo have a capable to beat any pair in the world when raise to the occasion. OG is all talk about experience in big stage ! Hong/Shen no doubt have improved a lot recently but they may end up like Chen Long in World Championship 2011- first round casualty. So I beleive LYB will not take any gamble here, Chai/Gue will definitely rebuilt their shape again after Thomas Cup in May 2012 when China players are going through intensive centreline training for OG 12 !

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Chen Jin vs Daren Liew:

is a do or die match for Chen Jin, if he fail this, his road to Olympic London will get 'barricade'...

16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

I doubt Hong/Shen will be the next "Fu/Cai"...

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Interesting qtr final. Dl need speed n keep his shots low. ;)

18. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    I have watched Hong/Shen play against Koo/Tan. They also looked ordinary ! Hong/Shen start up in German open and they looked unbeatable ( they even beat JJS/LYD), but when come to All England they have been beaten by JJS/LYD in straight sets. Now come to Swiss open, they even struggling with lower rank pair ! Once many opponent notice them, they will study their weakness, and this is the outcome....

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Our BC PAW Game is ready

Sandy has just opened our BC PAW Game for this 2012 Swiss Open tournament, found located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...SWISS-OPEN-GP-GOLD-2012?p=1863093#post1863093

As expected, it's a '10-10' battle, for this Inthanon Ratchanok-vs-Sung Ji Hyun match. :D:D:D

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Or they might be simply be suffering from burnout at the 3th consecutive tournament.