recommend me my first APACS racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Footwork_816, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Footwork_816

Footwork_816 Regular Member

Hello, so apparently many believe the APACS brand is really good. Good as in it is up there with yonex and victor, so I decided to give one a try especially since they are priced so well :D

A little bit about me: I love stiff and head heavy rackets and I love to play singles. Besides that I don't know what else there is I need to tell you lol

Here from what I've gathered are good APACS rackets:
    Lethal 90
    Tantrum 500I
    Slayer 99

which one should I get? Or if there is a better APACS racket for me that I didn't mention please go ahead an tell me.

Thanks!!!

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

In a word: Lethal 70. Well, two words.

Enormous
    power, balanced like a pickaxe, and very stiff indeed... the epitome of a singles racket.

3. Footwork_816

O_O lol that sounds very enticing :D in fact I had a feeling the Lethal rackets were singles oriented. So Lethal 70 or 90? is 70 better?

4. albertchiew

albertchiew Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Hi Footwork_816,

Indeed, Lethal 70 worth every penny you spend on it! And it does meet your listed requirement: stiff and head heavy!

I garbbed another 3x (Lethal 70) after owning 1x (Lethal 60). Where both of them are exactly the same model with different colour scheme. Lethal 70 as an international version while Lethal 60 as a MAS version.

Wish you luck on sourcing one of them!

Cheers!

Best regards,
    Albert

5. Footwork_816

Ah thanks man. Well looks like I'm definitely getting a Lethal racket and it looks like its going to be the 70. hehe I'm getting excited :D

Do you guys know a good website to buy APACS rackets in the US? I'm looking at this website atm and it seems fair: http://www.apacscanada.com/product_info.php/lethal-70-p-101

Will probably order it tomorrow. Also, does anyone know how long it takes to ship from that site?

6. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    I had Lethal 90, dont know why but it's even balanced,

I want to get a Lethal 70 soon,

Do you need to be a advanced player to get the best out of it?

7. albertchiew

albertchiew Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Hi johnnxiv,

Racquet is just a tool for our favourite sport.It still need the user skill to outshine it characteristic for sure. Hence, I personally believe that as a user for an equipment, we can adapt to the tool characteristic in no time. Furthermore, Lethal 70 to me is quite a friendly and forgiving racquet. Just be passionate toward the sport and believe in yourself to tame the racquet will do. Of course, do it in a proper way and dont over train or hurt yourself.

Practice make perfect. Just do it!!

Cheers!

Best regards,
    Albert

8. davinci..

davinci.. Regular Member

I just picked up the Tantrum 300 the other day, I've only had one session with it but so far I absolutely love it. I was worried I would lose power/snap as I had it strung 3lbs higher then my old racket(now at 23 lbs), but the opposite was true, I had to hold my clears back, flick clears and serves were an absolute breeze. This is likely the result of having more weight behind the racket head as compared to my head light previous racket. Control/accuracy was excellent in just about every respect, drop control defensive drops off smash returns were spot on. Ill need a lot more play time with it, but everything seemed simpler/easier/better.

I will say this, I also played around with the Featherwight in the store and man that thing felt amazing. The head speed and whip you get out of that was like nothing I've ever seen. So quick!! Amazingly responsive!
    I was a little hesitant about the extreme lightness of the racket(70g) not being about to generate power(despite its amazing speed). But when I went home and looked it up, its got a very head heavy design, and a flexier shaft which would more then take care of that worry.

This will definitely be the next racket I try. Super light responsive, viciously fast, amazing racket speed. And should still have tons of power because of its design.

9. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    I have the Lethal 70 and it is helping me keeping my game consistent. The stiffness helps the swing and coupled with a good string and tension, it helps tremendously. I was using the stock Apacs Stern 66 and was amazed by its quality. It took me a good few months playing before it finally breaks. I'm now trying the BG-66 at 26/28 lbs and it's really good. The Lethal 70 would be by far the best of Apacs, but I am yet to try the Slayer or Finapi so I can't compare. But defo Lethal 70, although it will takes you at least 2-4 weeks to get used to its stiffness if you're not used to it.

10. Footwork_816

Nice I can't wait. I already ordered it from badmintonexpress on Friday so hopefully it comes soon :D

11. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

all apacs rackets r cheap n good

u can select whichever u like

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I tested the T300 a couple of weeks ago (amongst other APACS) and it was by far the best in the bag, but I doubt it's tall enough for decent singles. As a doubles all-rounder, though... it's an incredible bargain.

The L90 is more "restrained" than the L70 and less stable - it's basically a Bravesword under the paint.

13. slice99

slice99 Regular Member

I heard so many good things about the Lethal 70 im pretty sure you will like it man. I actually tried the Slayer99 and i can say that it is NOT a single racket since it is very headlight (lighter than my Victor BS10).
    However im currently playing with the Lethal 90 and i like it. I wonder how it compares to the T300 which i never have a change to try :(

14. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Another +1 for Lethal 70. This thing has the most solid frame I've ever encountered.

I've heard bad things about the Lethal 90 but never used it myself.