Yonex differant destined country differant quality???

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by HKFreak, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sky racket

sky racket Regular Member

i agree with you. not all japanese companies have the same practice. though inconclusive, i must admit that redkingjoe's observation makes a lot of sense.:)

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I THINK (based on common sense) that a big and award winning company like Yonex would NOT lie because Majority of companies on this planet do not lie on topics that are related to law(s).
    Would you agree or disagree on what I said above? (Yes/No) :)

Now, I have some questions for you, are you SURE, do you KNOW, and or just THINK that what I THINK is correct/incorrect?
    See? This kind of questionaire is leading no where but trouble. :rolleyes:

This is what you said earlier, and obviously, you have doubts if Yonex would lie or not. (Because you are unsure about it, correct? otherwise you wouldn't even bring it up and ask me again.)

If you want to play with wording, then keep on doing it your own.
    I wouldn't believe anything if there is a direct evidence or witnesses to prove things out.

Theory is great, but theory will not become fact unless proven correct. Just like doing math, you can't just tell the teacher that you understand, but you need to put everything clearly on paper.

I would not comment further on the idea of how to prove things started from this point because I think I have said enough.
    Once you guys brought up anything to prove that the fact is true/false, I would then comment on it again. Otherwise I don't see any point on keep on saying things here in this thread.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    "I THINK"? :rolleyes: .....Are you sure, think, or know....... :p
    (I am just joking, I don't want to play the words like you did, but just to show you how boring it is. :p)

Back on A/B:
    OK, then I did it correctly. I used "vs." as for comparisons above. :)

4. sky racket

i THINK coz i'm not SURE what kwun would like to say. or else i would've said i KNOW. see?:) joke accepted.:)

5. sky racket

I disagree with you. I'm not saying yonex would lie. but let's also get real, most of the big players/companies are above the law. i'm not saying yonex is one of them.

i do not THINK you are correct/incorrect as i'm not one to pass judgment on what you think or believe in. i'm just here to take notes on what others have to say and hopefully learn from their observations. i may disagree with someone but that doesn't give me the right to say that what they are saying are of no basis. if i want others to listen to what i have to say, then i should also learn to listen to what others have to say regardless of who's right or wrong.:)

6. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    From what you were saying, more than 50% of companies on this planet are not obeying the law. (Most = more than 50%)
    But then, you said "I are not saying Yonex is one of them" => meaning Yonex is at the rest of companies don't lie.

So I am confused......because you can not have both sides. From above, you are saying Yonex is not lying. But from what you said in above posts, you were questioning if Yonex is lying or not (by asking me if I know, think.....).

Which side are you in? and which side are you "planning" to be in? :rolleyes:
    Currently, there is a contradiction. :cool:

7. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Just for all information:

According to previous information from BC, there is a reply from Yonex which said that there is no CN rackets. But all of us in BC know there CN rackets must exist.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    For those who are willing to pay a premium for CP and JP racquets, with CP prices higher than JP prices, there is no one better to service you than Inskysports/Luxis, who are only too happy to dominate this niche sector of the market. There are CP, JP, SP and others with varying prices to satisfy just every one's version of what is best. This is market forces at work, with every shade of "slightly better than the other" having its own pricing. :D

9. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    this thread is getting nowhere and dumber than ever...

some are getting a bit too personal and straying too much away from the main topic, with concentration on stiff thinking of what's right on their minds, and also simply unreceptive to comments and suggestions.

just like what they said, the more knowledge or skill you had on something, the more ego and obstinate you obtain.

i think anyone reading this know who i'm referring to...
    it's not point standing up for yonex or whatsoever party, since yonex don't pay you to be a spy for those who doubt a little bit about the truth of yonex products. if you want a bit more inspiration than blabbering on this thread, go try JP racquets and TH racquets.

even all the shop owners that i got to know of agreed that TH racquets, are, ahem...., but JP racquets are definitely better in their point of view. why such different reactions? because they know which one is better, as they've been in this line of biz for so long enough.

and please stop arguing that there's no difference between JP and SP racquets, coz it's insensible. go and compare with TH racquets instead and come back with your findings.

10. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I just heard an interesting point from my supplier/dealer that is partially related to the country code thing :)

Since you guys all know that, for example, MP99 has many country codes for different country sellings. MP99 in the US is at least $160 USD for retail, in HK is about $110 USD (I looked from the web), in TW is about $115 USD, in JP is at least 170 USD (I looked from the website).

So, let's see together in a table format:
    Country Code / Cost
    US - 160USD
    HK - 110USD
    TW- 115USD
    JP - 170USD

Clearly, there is a difference in pricing.

Now, since we have discussed in this forum and from various sources (including Yonex), we all know country code system is designed for distributing purposes, and each code is only for use for one country. Yonex doesn't want it get mixed up because if you import lots of HK to US, then dealers in US is going to be hit!!

In order to maintain the profit margin for dealers in that single country, Yonex is doing the country code system. (the badminton store operating cost is different in each country. Things are very expensive in Japan, so operating cost is relatively higher than other places)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check point #1
    Are you with me so far? I am just giving you a preface of the country code system along with some examples of pricing that I grabbed from the web :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, now you know what country code is and why it is there. Let's discussing something more.

For people who believe in JP rackets is better than SP rackets, there must be a reason(s) for that. It's either the paint, performance, or durability. (or other reasons)

Since people believe in JP product is indeed better, people is willing to spend more on buying JP product if given a chance and if there is no financial burden.

For example:
    a SP racket that is $80 USD
    a JP racket that is $100 USD

People are willing to spend $100 USD on the JP version of the racket because people think JP rackets are better in quality (performance, paint, durability....)

And, it is what we see at the market (stores who import/export rackets), and it reflects current market status. If you go to any online store, such as BBE, JP product is really more expensive than others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check point #2
    Fact is, JP product is more expensive than others at given any badminton store outside Japan. Are you with me? I am just telling you the truth that everyone here knows
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, as we talked about the country code system, which is what Yonex is doing now. The system will only work IFF (if and only if) customers follow their pricing strategy.

So, people who are willing to pay more for JP rackets, are actually, following Yonex's pricing strategy, sometimes without knowing it.
    (In other words, People who think every racket is the same are NOT following Yonex's pricing strategy when it comes to money spending)

For example, if you live in US, you have a chance to buy SP rackets online.
    If you buy US coded rackets, you are following Yonex's strategy.
    If you buy SP coded rackets, you are not following Yonex's strategy because you are not suppose to get SP rackets in US.

No matter JP product is better/the same/worse than others, it is indeed more expensive. So, what I am saying is, if you want to support Yonex and its dealer financially, then buy the more expensive JP ones, show them your wallet!! :)

If you just want to play badminton, don't think it is that important, or rather willing to spend money on getting a coach instead, then just get other coded rackets.

PS:
    Yonex Pricing Strategy is actually the term Yonex uses when they discuss pricing information with dealers. Originally in Chinese, but I just directly translated it to English.

#230 bluejeff, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    This happened in 2001 by the way.

1. all brand new
    2. All the same racquets Ti-10 2U G4 SP VS. CP
    3. blinded tested by two other friends for final confirmation

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

what was the verdict?

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Ti-10 CP VS SP:

Head Heaviness: CP > SP
    Overall Weight: CP > SP
    Stiffness of Shaft: CP > SP
    Ease of Handling: SP > CP :D

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

BTW, i think there are sufficient data/evidence in BC and public domain to draw on to resolve this debate. They're quite plain black and white IMO.
    Also, i feel that many people on the side of JP/CP/CN is better than SP draw their conclusion from first level information.(ex hear say from dealers, extrapolation of JP toys, hifi to yonex badminton equips). There are a whole lot of 2nd and 3rd level (insiders) information they really don't know about )

#234 cooler, Sep 23, 2004
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

GREAT!! my theory still hold water :)

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I don't understand this, I thought you said they have the same weight? :confused:
    (Both 2U, right?)

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

dont worry about this bluejeff. That ti10 test doesnt disapprove your point of view. ;)

18. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    2U is only a range.

19. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I am not worried :) because I only look at real facts with numbers.

I know it's a range of 90-94g, but it is still in the range? ;)
    (Is the CP one still within 90-94g? we will need to scale this baby :) )

Duh, I had a chance stringing a JP Ti10 last month but I didn't accept the job (I was too busy), I should've accept it and use it to compare to my TW one. :eek:

20. Bluechalice

Bluechalice Regular Member

X Ray please

You know what...I think we should really ask that guy that x rayed those rackets to x ray a racket of the same model with different country codes on it so we can see IF theres a difference on the inside/construction of the racket OR that a non JP racket would have more weak spots...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.