picture request

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by illusionistpro, Jan 14, 2012.

1. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Last year I sold my stringing machine and im thinking about building a new one. I'm stuck on one area, so if anyone is available could you please take a picture of the underside of the highlighted area. I would really appreciate it. (Photo credit to Kwun) 2M6Q1768.jpg
    I'm unfamiliar with how this mechanism moves with out the knob moving in/out.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I can take a picture later, but the adjustment knob is "captive" (probably held on with a circlip) with a threaded spike passing through the middle of it. Since the knob can't move, turning it will move the spike in and out.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the arm is spring-loaded. ie. it will naturally go outwards and the screw pushes against it.

4. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

I do remember the spring part. I'm not sure how the screw is held? If the screw does sink into the knob/nut then it needs to be secured by something else, otherwise turning the knob would just rotate the screw and not 'screw' and extend if that makes sense.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. the screw sinks into the knob. but how the screw is actually held in place rotationally is not clear from the outside. there must be some mechanism inside the black knob that holds it in place.

if you are really making your own, i would just thread a screw into some fixed piece (equiv to the blue piece on my ASE), or simply just weld a nut to it, and have the whole knob move.