Hi Kwun and other experts, I Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kvn4000, Dec 2, 2011.

1. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hello guys, I'm a intermediate player seeking for a more powerful racket. My beloved sword are bs11. My first racket are
    1. Vt70-sold, 2. Arc10-sold, 3. Bs11-current, 4. Sw37-sold, 5. Mx80-uneasy
    I could generate decent power from bs11 but I couldn't provide same effect on the rest of the 4 rackets, I probably could played 4 of my previous rackets for 20 to 30min but after that I totally feel my hand lost all the energy and I have to rest. My intention is to get a better and more powerful racket to replace bs11 but I guess it couldn't be replace. I played 3 times a week. Each session is 2 hours. Any advice or suggestion for me? I was thinking getting bs09 to try, should I ? Thanks

2. kaiyuan

kaiyuan Regular Member

Student
    BS 11 is the improve version of BS 09 in the sense of more power. If you 're seeking for more powerful racket, it means it is harder to generate power as well. May I know you play doubles more or singles more?

3. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi kaiyuan, I played doubles more .. Forgot mention sold off a bs12 as well. Nothing wrong with it but found that bs11 more oomph compare bs12 base on my style play :)

4. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

This is speaking from personal experience and how I feel...
    I've had the BS11 and the BS09, loved both and also a mens double player.
    But my first and true love will always be AT900T.
    I've tried many others rackets and played with different flex and balance, APACS tantrum 200+300, BS12, NS9900, Arc10, MX80, VT80, AT900P, Head (some silver super headlight, flex-stiff racket).
    None had the same feel as the AT900T that I liked.

What I'm trying to say is, no matter what people would recommend you, it all comes down to personal preference and "feel" (kinda like girlfriends... haha).

I would suggest stick with the BS11, try different strings and different (higher) tension.
    My game improved a lot after I changed strings and increased tension (smash faster, cleared better, less taxing on the arm etc).

I honestly think that no other rackets are as fast as the BS series and as versatile (but their vibration control isn't as good because of their flexibility). So no real comparable models out there...

Another way I find can give you more "oomph" is adding a layer of athletic tape to the top part of the frame (something like this): http://media.photobucket.com/image/tape%20racket%20frame/Blitzzards/Yonex/Armortec/3fcb63b0.jpg

It makes the racket more head heavy and makes the smashes slightly faster; drives and clears have extra "punch".

Definitely experiment with different string and tension - it's probably the cheapest and fastest fix to your problem, IMO.

5. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    seem to me u need a powerful hand more than any high end rackets in the market !
    therefore i suggest u train to build ur arm with more power 1st b4 start choosing any rackets...
    go get urself a powerball to build up your hand power my fre...

may success be with you...

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    The power comes from the stroke technique, not from the racket

If you ask a racket seller, he/she would sell you the most expensive racket.

If you ask a Badminton coach, he/she would tell you how to improve your stroke technique to produce power. You only need to buy a cheaper racket found in the market.

7. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    try fz forza ti-550s/ti-555s

8. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

Yea, correct form and timing is a huge plus for smashes and clears.

9. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Thanks for taking time writing, perhaps I should try higher tension on bs11 :) tq

10. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Sounds true bro, maybe should stop buying and train myself, thanks ya

11. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Will definitely look into it :) tq

12. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

BS11 sounds about right for an intermediate player to get used to heavier head and stiffer racket you need stronger arms/wrist.

Technically a medium flex like SW37 would be better but its even balanced so your swing/arm MAY have passed the limit/optimum amount of the energy you can store in the SW37 to transfer to the shuttle compared to the BS11.

So as everyone says, stick to improving your technique but if you have to buy a racket maybe try something similiar to BS11: mid stiff & slightly heavy head like victor MX70, SW36, BS168 or li-ning N55-i/ii

p/s sw36 & BS168 MAY be a downgrade though, but you never know :p

13. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hay, thanks moomoo. Useful information. Actually I've been considering a bs168 at d same time improving wrist skill as well.

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Guess what, the badminton coach (pun intended) is right. :)