2011 French Open SS: Finals Day Sun 30-October

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2011' started by nokh88, Oct 29, 2011.

1. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Your later "HUMOuR" excuse really doesn't justify your original insulting intent, does it?

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Interestingly, you very carefully removed the emoticons when you pasted in my original post, which should have looked like this:

Compare to what you posted:
    Maybe you'd care to explain to everyone why you have so consistently chosen to misinterpret my lines? My first reponse to you was:
    Evidently that doesn't suit you. You still prefer to believe that my post was "insulting." Maybe then I should find something alarmingly insular in your recent post:
    For the record: There was no attempt at insult; no attempt at national slur; no attempt at racism. There was a failed attempt (in your case, that is) at humour. Too bad. Don't try to twist my words or my meaning again. You will not succeed. But you will make a fool of yourself and expose your narrow-mindedness. Again.

3. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Yeah right! the missing emoticons will make you politically correct?

Why don't you explain again why did you call Tien Chen Chou, a selfish, unthinking, insensitive boy from Taiwan?
    (Leave out the "HUMOR" part because it isn't.)

ps. I DIDN'T carefully remove the emoticons, they got lost after "PASTE"...

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Think what you will. Go your own way. If you can't accept that you misinterpreted my lines, it does not change my words, or intentions. If you want to get twisted about a humourous line, no one will be able to stop you. But your persistence at taking words and sentences out of context (again, as you just did) exposes your intent - or your lack of understanding of the flow of the sentence - or your inability at comprehension. Take your pick.

This is the first time I have experienced emoticons getting "lost" after a paste. But never mind, I'll take your word for it. Unlike you.

5. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

You were insulting a Taiwanese player in the first place, then
    trying to get away with lame "HUMOUR" excuses.

And don't even bother to judge me, unlike you ....

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Either both findings are true OR vice versa

When heated opinions are this gung-ho, it's either both are right or both are false, meaning:

a) on the issue of JF's eccentric behaviour

Both cobalt and tsae75 are correct -

- Those who prefer sport characters who are more reserved than extrovert, refine, calm and furnished with 'gentleman'ly traits will find JF's eccentric traits a tad too much for their stomach and not their usual cup of tea

- Those who find that boring and 'dull-without-colors' sport characters are what makes JF's eccentric traits refreshing and brings new sensation to the fun of the game...

because JF possesses both good badminton skills and his so-called eccentric traits.

OR

Both cobalt and tsae75 are incorrect -

JF is neither that much a colorful character to watch (like how you are absolutely sure a garment looks good before you buy it but regrets it later after you pay for it knowing immediately it was a ludicrous idea) and neither is he such a good player that has all-and-what-it-takes-to-go-all-the-way because... in reality, JF knows that he has never before played to such a higher level and is ecstatic about his chances to land all the way to the podium, realizes now is the right time to claim his 'celebrity status' in-lieu of the spot light focusing on him now and in the right time with his and his partner's good form, he has to psyche himself up to better and sealed his chances of clinching the title. And that is why he is acting this way. He needs to win this badly. Real bad.

#466 Pakito, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

ytyang, come on mate. I think you lacked comprehension of cobalt's sentence. That was in no way meant to be insulting. It was written very tongue-in-cheek, as indicated by the emoticons. Tell me what would he gain by putting down Chou down. You should ask any other posters if it was meant to be anything other than humourous. The fact that you're the only one that acted in such a misinformed way should give you a clue.

8. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

Sorry to say that I can tell the differences between humorous remarks
    vs. low line insulting intended jokes.

If he got any guts and simply admits that he got carry away, instead of giving the lame excuses. Then I wouldn't be pissed off.

9. Naxos

Naxos Regular Member

Telecom Engineering
    I have exactly the same understanding. JFN was simply showing he was desperate and totally out of position to take the shot. I think it was just another way to play with the crowd, which he was obviously very good at.
    Chinese are maybe used to have support in Asia, but in Europe almost all the crowd was in favor of the danish pair, for a change. That is the way it is.

10. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Humour wielded without sufficient skill can sound like sarcasm.

11. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    madbad is devilishly funny, yet he is not the subject of angry rebuttals.
    The wit and humour of a classical English novelist.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I appreciate your words, and understand your point, phil-mm; you might also know I was at pains to clarify the nature of the post when asked.

Evidently the clarification was not enough. Multiple clarifications were not enough. My original posts and clarifications were quoted against me in snide remarks on other threads. I held my peace. But it has to stop here.

I will not subscribe to anyone's twisted and parochial agendas. I do not owe an apology for something I did not say. I am not here to pamper to someone's delusions, much less to educate someone who has no intention of accepting another viewpoint. That's not my problem. I do know one thing: if the hounding and baiting from the other person on this issue does not stop right here, I will rightly consider it as personal harassment.

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

cobalt, I think you can let this one go. It was a well written post and we all, bar one, knew your intent. I think sometimes, posters need to get to know a bit more about others to understand the person behind the post.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I am mad after all :p

I willingly bow to cobalt's much superior delivery of the English language

Trust me, I have been roasted and toasted many a time.

15. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Ok, so you owe me for heaping praise, lol. More at the Richmond Oval next year [​IMG].

16. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

cobalt, you are such a selfish, unthinking, insensitive name-caller, aren't you?

It's all in a lighter vein too.

You won't take this too seriously, I hope?

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You come over first and then we talk :D

18. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Almost did so last Winter. Too bad I missed the show live.
    I meant more Cookies, lol.
    Ok, off now, TSX est fermée.

19. ytyang

ytyang Regular Member

I am hoping I've made my point clear.
    The "freedom of speech" doesn't imply any forum member can make fun of a
    professional player at will, especially a player from a different nationality.

He might offend other forum members as well ... :D

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Ah, but he was the subject of angry racquets and shuttles ...... Yup, we blasted him and his hapless mates silly during the Thomas Cup last year, wakaakakaka.

No ambulance came forward to move the casualties to emergency ward ......