Photos of Yonex ST-250

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Ar Dan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. chenbo

chenbo New Member

beautiful pics. is it same as eagnas st-250? I heard from someone that st-250 for yonex is made in Taiwan, eagnas one is made in Nanjing, China, and its quality is poor than Taiwan made. Really??

2. Van-CyKo

Van-CyKo Regular Member

Student
    I was wondering if the support system on the ST-250 good for high tension (30lbs) and I was wonder if there was enough room for the wise 2086 (includes, is the guide rail big enough to slide the wise 2086 into)?

I'm talking about the eagnas one, but since the yonex one is so similar, i was wonder if it would fit the yonex ST-250.

3. KraziexViet

KraziexViet Regular Member

sorry to bump the old thread, but i am also wondering if the yonex st250s arms are strong enough to support 30 lb++ tensioning

any experiences/words of mouth?

thank you very much!!

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yes, ST250 can string at high tension. I have done 29x32 lb on it. However, that does not mean everyone else can string at high tension or racquet with any damage can make it.

5. KraziexViet

im looking for a crank machine in this price range with quality side supports so i can string higher tensions with less risk, would you reccomend this machine? or another one?

6. silentheart

Please read into what Kwun post on buying a stringing machine.
    FYI, I have strung 30x33 lb on a Klipper M140 with additional support before. Just because it is a 6 pt mount machine, if you don't know how to mount it right, you are still going to kill a racquet. I have a guy claiming he has been playing badminton for 30 yr and coaching students and been stringing for 15 yr with 6 pt mount machine. The other day, he showed me his racquet and ask me if it was cracked. Well, it was cracked all right. 12 o'clock dented and cracked because he position the N and S posts too far. I also seen racquet done on YY ST250 machine (I calibrated it) suppose to strung at 26 lb and I know it feel less than 23 lb. So, it is not the machine that is most important, it is the human factor.

I will recommend this machine over other based on 1 thing. #1 The head post has 3 supports vs all other stringer has only one. That will reduce the chance of crack at 12 o'clock. #2 I will take YY quality any time any day.

7. KraziexViet

sorry this sounds like a dumb question, but i thought the klipper m140 was a 2 point machine, what do you mean by "with additional support"? did you mod your m140 to have arms?

also wouldnt using a load spreader achieve the same result as the 3 support?

8. silentheart

1) yes, it does sound like a dumb question. I designed a side mounting support for 2 pt mounting machine. It was a proto-type and I did post picture of it. No, M140 does not have arm...
    2) not exactly the same. YY use AL which does better job than plastic load spreader. Yes, load spreader does help, AL does it better.

9. KraziexViet

What's AL?

10. silentheart

Aluminum, the metallic element with atomic number 13.

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I thought you were going to say Si.

12. jh11ae

jh11ae New Member

Ph.D
    I wish I can buy one, can you tell me where did you get this machine? Thanks!

13. silentheart

14. jh11ae

jh11ae New Member

Ph.D
    Do you know where to buy this thing in USA? Or any other country? Thanks~