Post ur Yonex Carbonex Racket!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Carbonex25SP, Jul 31, 2005.

1. psychophant

psychophant Regular Member

Pedicurist
    pics of my new toy.. :)

the actual colour of the head...... glittery!
    [​IMG]

the specs...
    [​IMG]

unable to read the code... failed attempt to peel off the hologram.
    [​IMG]

finally, they got the spelling right!!! BALANCE!
    [​IMG]

2. psychophant

Pedicurist
    my cab21 Special.... notice the bad paintjob on the lettering.
    [​IMG]

my bruised and battered cab15 SP.... with old YY logo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Indeed. The cab explosion at those tensions are super addictive. That's why I was not really attracted to any rackets until the TC700. The TC700 has its equivalent of the cab explosion in the way the shaft powers stronger shots.

Psychophant, I had exactly the same Cab15. That's the one-piece version. I loved that racket :).

4. -Berg

-Berg Regular Member

@weeyeh : i see. thanks for sharing your knowledge
    @psychophant : your pictures espescially the glittering part really make me envy your cab35 (furthermore it is now even balance spelling, not blance anymore)! haha

5. psychophant

Pedicurist
    yeah! had 3 of this cab15 SP during my Uni days! cab 8 was my very first racket in the early 80s. then promoted to cab15 (t-joint). stuck with that one for quite awhile til i got the cab15 SP in the pic.

reading this thread makes me wanna start a Carbonex collection like what some of the guys did!! :)

6. psychophant

Pedicurist
    hurry up and go get one already!!!! :D

its really an excellent racket.

7. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Sorry to bring up this old threat.

I have been looking for specific thread comparing Carbonex 30-Muscle vs. Carbonex 35 to no avail.

Kindly explain what would be the advantages / disadvantages comparison between these 2 carbonex models.

Thanks in advance.

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Can't help with your query but I'm glad you bumped up this old thread. I never saw it and I'm a carbonex fan myself. When I have the time I'll put up some photos of my collection.

9. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    me too!!:D

10. clawhammers

Couldn't agree more :D

IMHO:
    Nevertheless, I am quite dissapointed to find out that Yonex prefers to develop their isometric products. and consequently, the development of CAB products are quite slow.

If I am not mistaken, Yonex introduced CAB 30 MS in late 2003, and subsequently CAB 35 in late 2009. -cmiiw-

11. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Can't blame them really, why put money into developing a product on an old technology platform and with a very small market? The carbonex series is mainly for die-hard old school oldie badminton fanatics like us who relish in the time when the Cab20/21 were king. The badminton generation today will see isometric frames as the norm. I mean how many pro's do you see using carbonex racquets these days?

I'm not disappointed about it to be honest, I think it just makes the old original carbonex racquets more exclusive.

12. clawhammers

hey... I'm 24 :D
    It was my dad who introduced me to CAB.

Further, I learned from BC if we could hit the sweet-spot on oval frame, then it would be much easier to hit the sweet-spot on iso frame. And not to mention the classic CAB's explosion, which would not be found in any iso-frame racquet. :D

(see thread = Cab Explosion)

13. LiNingSucksA$$

LiNingSucksA$$ Regular Member

Professional
    Stupid question, sorry.... Is Carbonex 20 the exact same thing as Carbonex 20 SP? If not, what's the difference? Help. Thanks ;-)

14. clawhammers

To the best of my knowledge, Yonex initially released the original Carbonex 20 in 1984.

The current model of Carbonex 20F (see at yonex japanese website) is the same to Carbonex 20SP.

Kindly note that there have been several generations and variations to this model since 1984 up until now. Specifications for each of these generations and variations are different from one another.

cmiiw

15. roulette23

roulette23 Regular Member

Engineer
    I bought a Cab 21 Special for memory sake to actually rekindle my years when as a kid in school, that same model racquet was beyond a normal school kid's pocket money.

I had played it a couple of times, but I do believe that given the chance of time of actually only being released probably 5 years back, it would not have stood a chance with the performance of the other rackets that we find today. Yonex would have yanked it out from their marketing brochures altogether. These days I just keep it in my back and take it out to play for the heck of nostalgia.

16. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    sorry for asking.. may i know when was carbonex 8 sp released? my only carbonex series is 8sp.. :) and i still keep it til now... thanx :)

17. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
  18. choonyean

choonyean Regular Member

Nice collection

Hi,

i like to buy your carbonex 8 in green and orange and also the cab 10..

hope to hear from you.

rgs

cy

19. clawhammers

I have been viewing several threads concerning CAB Series in BC, and following my discussion with some senior members of this forum, I decided to purchase both Cab30MS and Cab35.

Pricing (Jakarta – Sept 2011)
    CAB 35 – Rp.960,000 (approximately equal to US$107.00)
    CAB 30 MS – Rp.875,000 (approximately equal to US$98.00)

Specs
    CAB 35 (SP) – 3U / G4
    Strung with BG 66 Ultimax @25x25 Lbs – 2 knots
    Original Grip

CAB 30 MS (SP) – 3U / G4
    Strung with BG 66 Ultimax @25x25 Lbs – 2 knots
    Original Grip

First Touch
    When I initially swung the racquet, I considered CAB 30 was slightly heavier compare to CAB 35, nevertheless both racquets felt equally solid when on impact with the shuttles.

Power Wise
    Definitely agree that CAB 30 generates more power output compare to CAB 35. When I hit baseline clears, forehand and backhand, CAB 30 seems to be easier and more effortless. Further, the smashing power of CAB 30 is indeed better compare to CAB 35. In addition, since CAB 30 is longer compare to CAB 35, it is easier for me to reach the shuttles. I may conclude that CAB 30 is better in attacking-plays compare to CAB 35.

Speed Wise / Manouverability
    I personally feel that the manouverability of CAB 35 is better compare to CAB 30. It is easier for me to change stances / angles with CAB 35, especially in returning smash, including steering the shuttles’ direction in defending against smashes. I may conclude that CAB 35 is better in defending-plays compare to CAB 30.

Control Wise
    Both racquets provide good control over the shuttles, accurate placement, drop shots and net shots. During my gameplay, I did not find much difficulty in setting the shuttles’ direction, everything went precisely where I intended to go at the opponents’ area. My conclusion for both racquets is equal in this area.

Closing
    I consider CAB 35 as the latest development of CAB 20. Considering the facts of its regular length, and the latest tech applied by YY at CAB 35. If YY decides to discontinue CAB 20, then I assume CAB 35 shall be put as YY’s benchmark in its racquet’s matrix.

However, I am curious whether we could increase the power output of CAB 35, i.e., by changing its balance slightly heavier towards the head/frame. Perhaps by applying lead tapes or strip grommets to the frame of CAB 35. I was informed that AC416 L-3 and AC416 W-3 can be applied for CAB 30, but I don't know if they would fit with CAB 35 or not.

Has anyone ever performed such modification to their racquet??