Does this only happen to me ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Udonming, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

I have a Pro's pro challenger 6 and Wise 2086. I just realized something different before and after I string a racket. I tightened the screws of the head and throat then the side supports, but then I found everytime when I finish the stringing job the mounting posts that pull the head and throat came loose. So I took pictures to compare ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 03 14.25.jpg , so when the mains are done both posts are squeezed and after the crosses are done they don't return back to the original position that is why everytime when the job is done the load spreader always leaves a gap from the frame. Overall the shape of the frame is identical to what is before, no distortion. I do the Haribito way so it is 1 piece 2 knots, main and cross same tension. Anyone mind to share their experience on this with thanks.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. moving mounting posts are not good.

but looking at the challenger 6, it looks like a re-badged Eagnas. so i am not too surprised by it. Eagnas are pretty crap machines.

you need to figure out how to make sure the posts don't move. the screw tightening beneath the turntable won't be able to withstand 500+lbs of forces without sliding as it relies purely on friction. you need more frictional surface between the post and the turntable.

ideas are:

- sandwich 800 grit sandpaper between the two
    - roughen both surfaces with 400 sandpaper to increase friction
    - carefully measure and machine a metal rod and wedge that between the two posts, thus stopping them from sliding mechanically instead of by just purely friction.
    - similar to above, wedge something between the posts and the groove that it slides on

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Of the above, I'd go with option 4: make something sturdy you can jam into the slot in front of the tower. It's pretty easy to whittle a piece of wood or metal down a tiny bit at a time until it fits in with no play.

Having said all this, my machine is an Eagnas clone and I have never seen my post drift inward. Either I'm lucky or the o/p isn't.

4. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It would interesting to have a slow-motion video of the columns collapsing inward.

5. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I don't think so Pro's Pro is using Eagnas now.
    In the past yes ....

6. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

before tensioning : 24.4 - 24.5 cm
    after tensioning main : 24.0 cm
    after tensioning cross : 24.2 - 24.3 cm
    the different is only 2mm ... it is almost can not be seen by naked eyes.
    not a big problem, if it is more than 5mm then it would be a problem.

7. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

But seeing the gap between the load spreader and the head is pretty annoying.

8. KraziexViet

KraziexViet Regular Member

happens to me too. sounds like eagnas is full of low quality goods. im thinking of investing in an ASE