8th and Final Day (MS & WD Final)

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by hcyong, Aug 20, 2004.

1. chinadoll

chinadoll Regular Member

huh? nonono....... i'm still a china supporter
    but i'm supporting taufik in this match..... luckily he won.... hehehe
    the chinese guys all makes me so disappointed :crying:

2. sillybiscuit03

sillybiscuit03 Regular Member

Uh, look at it this way: Shon won the first half of first set with a score of 6-0; then Taufik woke up and took the first set 15-8. So Taufik took 15 points during that span while Shon only got 2. It was a great game, but the players are NOT evenly matched. Wonder how Lin Dan will do against Taufik :eek:

#642 sillybiscuit03, Aug 21, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    What a nice thought!

At last we all understand that an Olympic Champ has a good price on his head. So, Taufik can now play hard to get, you see. And Icuk will have a much more tougher time than we think! :D

Susilo (not Ronald) can at last have something up his sleeve! ;)

4. jaclyn

jaclyn Regular Member

student
    OMG
    taufik cry make my tear want to come out

5. jaclyn

jaclyn Regular Member

student
    nolar.....haha just cute
    in this men single
    i never support any want,i scare make me dissapointed....
    everyone win make me happy...
    p.s if can i want to dress like that

6. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    mmm I'm gonna follow Kwun's lead and sleep!! Night all. My senses have been robbed of sleep and I need to prep it up for my coming exams which started today and continues on monday.

To Jaclyn : let it go and pour!!

To Bforumers: Good night God bless

Cheers!!

7. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    I'm just back, I've spent my afternoon searching for badminton on french TV and I managed to see approx 10 minutes of Taufik vs Shon...

All I can say is that Taufik played perfectly and Shon seemed quite nervous, very error prone...

Great great win for Taufik, at last his enormous talent has brought him to the top! :D

The end was very emotionnal with Taufik crying...

8. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

Thank you all badminton fans, it's been a wonderful week following the Badminton Olympics with you all, I wish we could meet somewhere in a huge room and watch badminton tournament live someday, it would be so nice ... :) Maybe we could all meet at the 2005 World Championship in Anaheim ...

Cheers .......... :)

9. SDK-MSN

SDK-MSN Regular Member

CONGRATULATIONS TAUFIK HIDAYAT!! *dance around
    it's kinda funny to see his facial expression .kekekeke...==>:crying: :D :D :D .
    congrats2!!!!! even though i still hope sony bag home gold.

10. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Well, I probably won't be around next year in Anaheim (too far) but there's no way I can miss 2006 WC in Madrid!! :)

11. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

That would be nice too, trip to Spain and Europe and watching badminton :)

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think I'm going to report late for office tomorrow just so that I will be able to enjoy and record this exciting MS Final, albeit second hand. That is if it is really true that our TV channel is showing it at 9.30 am. :)

13. khookchee

khookchee New Member

Men's Singles Final

Taufik played superb badminton and Song was a disappointment. He wasn't his usual determined, all fired-up self. He looked as though he had no intention of putting up a fight against Taufik. Anyway congratulations to Indonesia and Korea.:) :) :) :)

14. prince_badmntn

prince_badmntn New Member

R u realli sure ah? cuz I realli wan2 watch lor... hehez which channel ah? at wad time can reply me a.s.a.p?

15. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    Yea...another very touching victory. His face was expressionless during the whole match. He didn't even show his smile even when everything went his way. After that golden smashing attack from him, every single pressure, every single load flows out from him just like that. Wow, he must have been keeping all his winning determinations inside for so long already. This is the first time I've seen him crying like that. And when their National Anthem is being aired, my oh my...he was so touched! He has made Indonesia proud once again!

Yep, that was what I was thinking. IF Taufik plays as well as today and IF Lin Dan is on-form, and IF both of them meet in the finals, the match will be very, very exciting!!~~ I'm sure Lin Dan will be showing off his superiority by not allowing his opponent to change the shuttle and we'll see how Taufik handles that.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Just like you, I was at the height of my depression when the match was played and I could only count on my BFers, esp FEND, for their commentaries. One poster, was it chinadoll(?), consoled me by stating that the repeat will be telecast in Spore tomorrow.

I will need to confirm with the papers tomorrow before a final decision and guess you better do the same thing. If it is telecast, probably Ch 5 or Suria. Good Luck! :)

17. rejang

rejang Regular Member

Hey guys, I watched it live in S'pore!! Well, maybe a little too late but just remember this trick (sorry to bore the non-S'pore residents):
    * if you like me, live in a HDB flat, you would be receiving your broadcasts via SCV's box whihc do not have TV2 etc on it
    * but your "old" tv box provided by HDB is definitely still around and guess what, it is still functional
    * so what I have been doing is that whenever there are live broadcasts (esp badminton as there are heaps more from M'sia) on TV2 or any stations that SCV blocked out, I just switch the antennae cable from SCV box to the old box.
    * so whoala- I was able to watch a lot more badminton live action in S'pore. :D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Cooler crashed and went to bed(5:25am), missing out the MS final :eek:
    It sounds like taufik played superbly without nervousness or lack of stamina.
    I think TH wanted the gold more than SSM and said it with his actions on court.

Glad to see the badminton power house countries getting at least 1 gold each (kor, chn and ina). Feel bad tho that Denmark only squeak out a bronze.

Overall, the fall of bao and LD so early in the game is mainly due to lack of nerve and experience. What little i saw was that LD made so many unforced error. It was really LD defeated himself, not by susilo. All susilo did was (figurely speaking) to keep the shuttle in play and let LD error to himself.
    Yes, susilo did exploited LD's backhand side alot which i'm sure susilo watched and learned from tapes of LD's previous matches.

Liyonbo has to be blamed too. He was so confident that his MS troop to win that he prolly didnt have game plan for each potential opponents of LD and bao to follow. LD and Bao went out and execute their usual playing style and strategy(plus some nerveousness), even tho were good but fully exploited by the underdogs who have studied LD, CH, Bao's before heading off to olympic.

Again, congrats to taufik H, he had shown that he has more arsenal than i first tho. (no, i had not seen TH play before unfortunately)

#658 cooler, Aug 21, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  19. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    I missed the match from beginning, but could see from the middle of the second set.
    Well, I am very proud to be an Indonesian.

So.... Indonesia's badminton has not yet died.
    Indonesia has a gold tradition in OG. Since Susi and Alan, Indonesia has never come back to JKT with empty hand, and always with gold medail.
    OG 2000 was MD now is MS.

Now is the time for Icuk to think about his plan to sack Mulyo and forbid Taufik to stay in his own house.

Maybe I can say that at this moment Indonesia is the best in MS.
    With 2 players (rank 7 and 12), they played until semi and all of two get medail. Compile to China who come to Athens with 3 top 5 players, all are gone before semi.

For you who doubt in Indoensian (man) players, this is the answer.

Congratulation Taufik..... congratulation Sony !!!!!

20. hungryboi

hungryboi Regular Member

Dang, I wonder what Taufik did to prepare for that game mentally and physically before it. He was really on form the whole game and didn't let down.