pre string speed?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by KraziexViet, Sep 29, 2011.

1. KraziexViet

KraziexViet Regular Member

Hi,

I'm just wondering, is anyone here using the pre-string method? What I mean by pre-string is weaving all of the strings before even mounting the racket, then tensioning the strings will take a matter of minutes. If so, how long does it take you to pre-weave the whole racket?

I saw a video in China about how some people string rackets for a living, 100 rackets per day by the pre-weave method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxl82y2uTA
    That's the link about the video.

//edit...
    //so like 700 rackest per week, assuming poor labor conditions... (7days/wk, 8h/day) tthen it takes //them like 4.8min per complete weave. what do you guys think??

I'm just wondering if doing it this method will be faster, theoretically.... if we weave as fast as those villagers... 10 minutes per racket?

Thanks you!!

#1 KraziexViet, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we usually call it pre-weave.

some people do that. it may save some time due to less tool change as well as no have to deal with shared/non-shared holes.

however, personally i find two issues with it:

- pre-weaving loose strings is a mess
    - tensioning with pre-weaved strings tends to produce string twisting
    - fast tensioning tend to loose more tension

other people might chime in their experience. in the end, i think if it works for you, then go for it!

3. KraziexViet

KraziexViet Regular Member

you're right about the twisting, do you know of any ways to prevent it?

i find that the string twisting only starts when we pull the strings on shared holes, so in theory... if we pull the string while using the stringmover to not create torsion, wont it reduce string twisting by a lotttt?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    good thinking! i haven't tried that myself. try it and let us know!

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yes, using string mover to lessen the string twisting will work. However, depend on how your machine is set up. Imagine, you have 1 hand to move string with string mover. The other hand to pull the string across. You need a third hand to move the string up and down to prevent the string burn. My question is who has 3rd hand (other than pick pockets nick name in chinese)?
    From my experience and what I have seen so far, most good & experienced stringers will pre-weave mains only because of the cross twisting and hard weave is often faster than soft weave.