Panda Power: A Racket That Can Take 40lbs. String Tension!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
  2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Does anyone here have any experience with how well the T-Pro plays compared to the VT70 or the MX80? ...doubles obviously, but also in singles....

I need to stress, I am not asking about comparisons at the advanced/professional level of play, more at the intermediate or "advanced intermediate" level... :)

3. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Greeting,

Been playing with Ultra II for nearly 2 years, let it be singles or doubles, it's a great racket, fast, pack with power. Recently looking for replacement as its hard to get Panda in Malaysia, gave Victor SW35 a try, unfortunately the racket wasnt suitable for me at all (I thought SW35 has similar or near identical specs to Ultra II) or it might be the user problem hehe.

So sold off the SW35, and Ultra II still remains as main racket. Still searching for another racket, looking for faster yet doesnt compromise the smashing power. Any suggestion ?

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I believe the Ultra-Pro is the natural successor to the Ultra-2. It is however, more head-heavy than the U2; other specs remain the same though. You could check this link for a spec comparison:
    http://www.dcbadminton.net/index.htm

5. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Great, but actually Im searching for something that has fast maneuverability for doubles, but if the Ultra-Pro is fast, why not, reading the spec its much similar to Ultra II. How about something close to BS10 or NS9900 ?

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Have you considered the T-Pro? You could read some of the reviews on this thread, and ascertain if it meets your requirements...

7. Teebs

Teebs Regular Member

Scientist
    I use both TPro and UPro on a regular basis and with the right right string set up for me (Zymax 67-IIs at 28lbs in the TPro, Nanogy NBG98s now dropped off to about 28lbs) I find both to be great racquets for singles and doubles, I prefer the TPros for doubles and had previously favoured the UPro for singles, but the TPros with the right strings in them are the best racquets I've played with (ymmv as I've rarely tried any of the big players with my favoured setup but it's just to say UPro vs TPro are not unplayable different specs wise to be regularly interchangeable).

8. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I believe that the best solution for a faster U-2 would be the TPro in similar spec. The different frame shape should be just the slight increase in speed you need. The Precision Pro is another option, but you may not like the decrease in shaft stiffness. If the TPro doesn't appeal, you can try the Revelation that is almost out. The trial versions proved to be slightly stiffer than the TPro, but the same speed as the TPro.

9. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I think I can help out here. I am a high D/low C level player, so I think that falls into the catagory of "advanced intermediate."The VT70 I find, because of its head-heavy nature and its slim shaft lends itself to a very balanced racket in terms of swinging style. If you have the wrist for it, its great for whippy smashes and flicks and drives. I find the TPro to also be a whippy racket, but less demanding on the wrist.I find the TPro has higher power and more feel, and a tad quicker on defense, making it more suitable for doubles compared to the VT70. However, the VT70 is a tad more forgiving, and the higher weight in the head allows for stronger clears and better full-body smashes.That being said, I did not find the VT70 very enjoyable, just as I did not find the Armortec series to be really enjoyable. I have always found rackets below 290mm to be the best for me. Someone who enjoys the feel of head heavy rackets may tell you different.

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    I would like to post a very brief review of the Ultra 2. My recent trip to visit Dan allowed a tryout of the racket. The string is BG-65 and originally strung to 30 lbs ECP (WISE). it's been a few months since it was strung, if I remembered correctly. The tension is around 27 lbs - I used to play at around 33 lbs (really out of shape). The racket immediately felt at home. Defense, control and touch were way better than the RSL X2 Gold in general. Many thanks to Dan for lending rackets for tryout!!!

11. visor

visor Regular Member

You got pm.

12. amleto

amleto Regular Member

why not share with everyone else???

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    OK, here's what he sent:

"Cobalt you witless freak! Stop sending bloody requests for comparisons when everyone is either having their afternoon siesta, or busy having supper with their mistresses!"

:D:D:D
    you believe he sent this???

14. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    He forgot the letter "s".
    :p

15. J-Dragon

J-Dragon Regular Member

I just received my Tpro.. Can't wait to try it out tuesday :p
    For everyone wondering. Specs : 85.6g and 297mm BP
    Overgrip with Rkep SOFT75

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ha. Ha. *scowl*
    ye gender-bender...
    :D:p

17. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

I still have stock of Trinity-2 (latest batch) as well as UltraPro.
    you can PM me or see my e-mail at http://www.dcbadminton.net/order.htm

18. what07

what07 Regular Member

My suggestion is get the Ultra Pro, I'm a huge fan of the Ultra racket line and they never let me down no matter which game I play. ;)

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Thanks for the info. Your post has helped me a lot. Personally, I agree that anything over 290mm is a bit too head-heavy for consistent handling when playing doubles. But maybe that's because I'm just a wimp! :D

20. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    my tpro spec is 84.9gr and 295mm
    I feel that Tpro is fantastic for doubles
    it is fast enough for defense, and strong enough for attacking