Victor Spira 22

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by LD rules!, Jul 22, 2010.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So I will be having a demo with the SP22 and the SP21 soon :) and of course will be comparing them to each other and to the SW35.:) and eventually comparing it to the MX80. :) SP22 sounds interesting, I really am intrested in the finely tuned aerodynamics of the SP series, although I do have a feeling I will prefer the SP21 over the SP22, mainly due to the head heavyness.

Hopefully a review shall follow...

2. araz916

araz916 Regular Member

Skill Work
    Got clashed with racket with light impact will playing double, the paint chip off badly. I ever experience with this type of racket clashed from other rackets with no paint chip off. I can say SPIRA 22 has poor paint quality.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Do you want to play with a racket built for playing, or one built to smash into other rackets?

4. araz916

araz916 Regular Member

Skill Work
    In event of accidentally occur which can't be avoid. Are there players that intend to smash into other rackets?
    Overall SPIRA 22 is a good racket for double, only i'm not lucky to get paint chip off.

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Just think of it as 'patina' that proves you actually play. My BS12 is so mashed up it looks like it's gone to war, but I love it.

6. kia9106

kia9106 Regular Member

Students
    How much for one Spira 22 in Malaysia before discount ?

7. yeerenyuan

yeerenyuan Regular Member

Just to share my experience with my 1 month old Spira 22. I have been using 2 SW35 for the past one and a half years. I play doubles mainly and I consider myself average by club standards. My review will be a comparison between the two.

Overall : The SW35 is a good solid, heavy, and stiff racket. It is a fairly demanding racket technically due to its head heavy and stiff profile. But it does pay dividends in smashing if the player has the technique and strength to wield it. It is a racket that rewards only the best players. Being not so technically advanced, I find it to be a bit too heavy and slow, and a tad too stiff at times especially in doubles play.

The Spira22 on the other hand is a stark contrast. It is very fast and light. Almost a weightless feel at times. It is not as solid as it looks, and its head light profile does not help much in generating power. Drives and smashes need more effort for power . Half smashes / angled smashes are easy to execute, full blown smashes however are not as rewarding for the amount of effort put in. More often than not I'll be inclined to play drops, and smashes mainly for placement. It is a different feeling.

The Spira22 excels in defending. It excels in speed and it does not wear down the player. I think I'm still struggling to get used to it. I like my SW35 more.

The Spira22 on the other hand feels very light and easr to maneuver.

8. ycsia

ycsia Regular Member

rm 699,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    In my opinion the paint quality is better than the paint quality of the SIW35 and BS10. MY caps of both rackets have nearly no more paint through removing towel grip which I wrapped up the cap. The SIW35 looks really bad now. But I don't care it's all about performance.

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah, but wrapping towel grip on the cal will remove the paint off pretty much any racket.:) if you remove it slowly though, then the paint doesn't come off :)

11. Loveisforever

Loveisforever New Member

So from looking at the reviews I can conclude that this racket feels like a NS9900?

12. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    SPR22 is very good for defense, counter attack, placement, netting, drop-shot and flat drive.
    It is very accurate and have a very high precision. And it's very fast too. Friendly and forgiving.
    Only a bit less powerful than MX80 and SW37.

13. Erique

Erique Regular Member

Just got a Spira 22, had a 3 session with 2 hours play each. I've got MX80 and SW 36 before Spira 22. I agree that it is a very good racket for double play, feels light, good maneuver, and fast drive. The original BP was 285 mm, but I changed the grip and the BP is 293 mm now. Therefore I've got an all around racket which has good defense, maneuver, and also good power.

14. ngockhai

ngockhai Regular Member

civil engineering
    Thanks your reviews. I had a BS 12 and now I prepare buying a Spira 22. My style is the same with your style and that is the reason i will choose a Spira 22.

15. amaranth

amaranth Regular Member

Hi, how's Spira 22 performance if compared with Brave Sword 10? (both 3UG2)

Thanks

16. fmqpt791004

fmqpt791004 Regular Member

College Student
    I am thinking to buy spira22 or babolat x-feel power.
    what are the major differences between victor spira 22 and babolat x-feel power?
    I played sevral rallies with Spira 22.
    spiral shaft and carbon xt give unique feeling when it hits.

17. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
  18. Erique

Erique Regular Member

I have babolat x-feel blast and spira 22. Blast supposed to be stiffer than power, but compare to spira 22, if feels that spira 22 is stiffer than blast. Blast has longer shaft with short grip and suitable for single, but I don't know if Power has the same length of shaft as in Blast. If it's the same, maybe longer shaft makes it feel flexier, than shorter shaft.