New cross stringing tool from Stringway

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by stringtechno, Nov 11, 2008.

1. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    look good to me ... i am usless at doing cross... .

2. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    i've never strung a tennis racquet before only badminton racquets. and i have to say that device seems alot slower than by hand =(

3. alexkho

alexkho Regular Member

Purchasing
    well slow is ok .. just make sure we never make any mistake on the cross .. people like me are weak... keep on making mistake. ...

4. stringtechno

stringtechno Regular Member

engineer
    Speed of the tool

To avoid misunderstandings.
    The video does not show the speed of the tool it only shows the principle of the tool very slowly.

Quite some pro stringers have already tried to beat the tool and did not succeed.
    There are 2 "speed advantages":
    - The string goes through as quick as you push.
    - You can pull the string through as you can because there is no friction and so also no danger of burning the strings.

Stringtechno

5. blundey

blundey Regular Member

whats the price of this tool for tennis and whats your estimated price for the badminton equivilent.

6. stringtechno

engineer
    prices

I assume that you are in the US.
    The introduction price until 2/20 = $ 77.95 for one piece and $ 129,90 for a set from alpha.

We do not have the badminton unit yet, we are still in doubt about that.

Stringtechno

7. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Im in England. So roughly 50-60£ then.

8. stringtechno

engineer
    The introduction price from Stringway in Europe is 59,90 a pcs and 99,95 euro for the set.

And 1 pnd is about 1 euro at the moment.

9. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Ok! as badminton racket is smaller, i guess this machine will be too? Which means it will be a little cheaper :D One would hope :D

10. stringtechno

engineer
    Price for badminton

The price of the tool is not in the aluminium so a little smaller will not make a difference.
    Btw I think the tool is cheap compared to its durability, I am still using the old one from 1982 without exchanging one part.
    And for so many years and adding so much convenience to your stringing job, I do not think that the price is high.

Btw these are introduction prices until 20/2

11. blundey

blundey Regular Member

Thanks for that stringtechno. However with my machine only costing 100, i would PERSONALLY find it hard to justify spending another 60pounds + on a cross stringer, when its sole purpose is to save a few minutes preweaving.

But i do like the design and concept so well done there!

12. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi,
    Sorry for the late post on this. Will there be an issue when you still have the last 4 crosses (or may be 5) on the top you can not use your device? Also, If you only use it on the center 14, don't you still need to hand weave the first 3 and last 3? These 2 issue are the speed issues.

13. stringtechno

engineer
    Hi S,
    There is a misunderstanding:14 main strings run through the tool so with 16 mains you have on free string on each side and with 18 2. you can do all crosses from the beginning until there is no room for the tool anymore. Most of the time you take it out beofre the last 2 or 3 crosses depending on the racquet.

14. stringtechno

engineer
    Design of cross stringer for badminton

Hi guys,

We get quite some requests for a cross stringer for badminton so we decided to work on the design so that we can test a proto type and see if it will work for badminton.
    We prefer to make only one tool that can do most of the racquets.
    Therefore we need to know the positions of the main strings in the racquet in the most important racquets in the market.
    We would like to get your cooperation for this:
    We need pictures that show the distance of the main strings measured from the middle of the racquet as shown on the picture below.
    [​IMG]
    Our questions are:
    - Can you mention the most important racquets in the market at this moment.
    - Are there among you that can provide us with pictures of these racquets with a ruler on the main strings? It is important to position the ruler so that the “zero” is in the middle between the centre 2 main strings.

Anybode who wants to supply these pictures please send them to info@stringway-nl.com

Thanks in advance.
    Stringtechno

15. Takamsda

Takamsda Regular Member

Professional Badminton Racket Stringer at Noah's B
    hi Stringtechno

Do you have "Stringlab Stringbed Tester " for Badminton racquets?

If it exist then my next question is, what's the range of the tension can it test on a string bed?

Ideally should be 18~32 lb but you would need tolerance so I say it should be able to measure 10-40lb accurately.

Also the Tennis chart thingy looks interesting and would you happend to have one for Badminton racquets as well?

16. stringtechno

engineer
    Stringbed stiffness and stringing tension

Hi Takamsda,

This is an interesting subject that you mention hereby some answers:
    * The Stringlab can not measure the string bed stiffness in badminton racquets. The Stringlab vibrates the stringbed and measures the natural frequency of this vibration. The difficulty with stringbeds in badminton is that the stiffness of the frame is low compared to the stiffness of tennis racquets.

This means that not only the stringbed but also the frame vibrates and it is not impossible to evaluate a good figure for the string bed out of this.

I think that a static measurement of the stringbed stiffness is much more suitable for badminton. Is there any experience with measuring stiffnesses on badminton string jobs?

* Stringbed stiffness and tension:
    Our tension advisor translates the stiffness of the stringbed that you want to stringing tensions on your machine.
    The tension advisor that we have is for tennis but we can create these figures for badminton.
    We just have to adjust the length and width of the string area and the number of strings.
    The important thing is too know at what stiffness badminton racquets are strung at the moment, I estimate that that comes close to stiffnesses like tennis of 25 to 35 DT value or kg/cm.

Are there any figures for that.
    If anybody wants to know more about stiffness and stringing tension we will be glad to send our seminar to them. It was meant for tennis stringers but the principle is the same.
    Just sent me an email to info@stringway-nl.com.

Stringtechno

17. stringtechno

engineer
    Cross stringers available / new video

Hello,

Hereby the information that our new cross stringing tools are available from next week.
    We made a new video that shows the use of the tool from the beginning to the end, the link to this video is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoktfpQE4C0
    We hope this gives a good impression of the advantages of using such a tool

For more information you can go to our website or send an email to info@stringway-nl.com.

Stringtechno

18. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I think I will like it for tennis racquet. However, I am still wondering how it is going to work for badminton racquet when you reach the top 4 cross strings.

19. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    OK we are now in October, anyone knows where we reached with the above device?

20. mirko

mirko Regular Member

Hi

any updates on that?