2011 World Championships Semi-Finals Sat 13-Aug

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by chris-ccc, Aug 12, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 World Championships Semi-Finals Sat 13-Aug

The Order and Schedule of play can be found at;
    http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...63A742-DF5A-44B0-8253-B53004FAEB4D&d=20110813

Like the Quarter-Finals, there will be 2 sessions today. All matches could be completed by about 8:00pm (local time) tonight.

The number of votes by our BCers for 'Who will win' are located at;
    MS......http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Singles-title-at-the-World-Championships-2011
    WS.....http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Singles-title-at-the-World-Championships-2011
    MD......http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-win-Men-s-Doubles-at-World-Championship-2011
    WD.....http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-win-Women-Doubles-at-World-Championship-2011
    XD......http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ill-win-Mix-Double-at-World-Championship-2011

To find live streaming, go to this thread;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/101145-2011-WC-Live-stream

Good Luck to ALL players. :):):)

2. miksss

miksss Regular Member

XD
    Tontowi/Butet over Chris/Imogen. Towi/Butet played so impressive so far, outclassed Lee/Chien and Joachim/Christinna. They should go to final.

MD

Bona/Ahsan over Ko/Yoo. Bona/Ahsan also quite impressive, beat Mathias/Cartsen and CB/GZD. Bona/Ahsan hold a 0-3 record against Mathias/Cartsen and CB/GZD respectively, and beat them. This time, Bona/Ahsan hold a 0-2 record against Ko/Yoo. Hopefully Bona/Ahsan will prevail. What a breaktrough from them if they can advance to final! Finally, INA found a reliable pair to back-up Kido/Hendra and Alvent/Hendra, and Angga/Rian is catching up too.
    :)

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

The first 2 matches of the day......................are going to be 'fix' I think !!

4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

First Win Over Danes Puts Bona, Ahsan Into Final Four

Bona Septano and Mohammad Ahsan kept alive Indonesia’s hopes of ending its four-year world title drought. The duo reached the semifinals at the World Championships for the first time as a pair with a 21-18, 18-21, 24-22 upset of men’s doubles second seeds Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen of Denmark at London’s Wembley Arena on Friday.

It was Bona and Ahsan’s first win over the Danes after losing their three previous meetings.

“We’re happy with the result, especially because we’d never beat them before,” Bona told the Jakarta Globe. “They, especially Boe, are good in front of the net, so we hit the shuttlecock more toward the back and it worked.”

The No. 7 seeds will compete for a place in the final against South Korea’s Ko Sung-hyun and Yoo Yeon-seong. The No. 5 seeds earned their place in the last four with a 21-17, 21-13 defeat of fourth-seeded Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong of Malaysia.

It will be a tough match for Bona and Ahsan, having lost their previous two meetings against the Korean pair.

“We’ll try to get our first victory against them, just as we did against the Danes,” Bona said.

In women’s doubles, Meiliana Jauhari and Greysia Polii saw their Worlds run in the quarterfinals after losing to No. 3 seeds Miyuki Maeda and Satoko Suetsuna of Japan 21-15, 21-17.

Two other Indonesian doubles pairs had their quarterfinal matches end after press time.

Mixed doubles second seeds Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir were set to face fifth-seeded Danes Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen, while in women’s doubles No. 12 Vita Marissa and Nadya Melati were scheduled to play India’s Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa.

In men’s singles, top seed Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia ended the astonishing run of Guatemala’s Kevin Cordon on Friday, dispatching him 21-7 21-13 in 25 minutes in the quarterfinals.

Cordon had beaten China’s fifth seed Chen Long in a big opening-round upset, the first victory on his way to a meeting with the world No. 1.

“Yesterday I played for 71 minutes. It was a very hard game and I was tired after three full matches this week,” Cordon said on Friday. “But I lost to the best player in the world and he’s quite difficult to play against.”

Lee, chasing his first world title, will face either defending champion Chen Jin or Denmark’s Hans-Kristian Vittinghus.

In women’s singles, top-seeded Wang Shixian of China crashed out to Taiwan’s Cheng Shao-chieh 21-16, 21-17.

Source : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/first-win-over-danes-puts-bona-ahsan-into-final-four/459021

5. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    who you think will win?
    ZN/ZYL or XC/MJ?
    WYH or WX?

6. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LYB may choose ZN/ZYL and ZN may recommend WX....................:D :D

7. policecop

policecop Regular Member

think XC/MJ may 'win' to boost their ranking.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

At least, Team INA is ensured two Bronze Medals this year. But, of course the target is to win at least one Gold Medal.

MD SF
    Ko Sung Hyun/Yoo Yeon Seong [5] vs Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan [7] - Bona/Ahsan are in tremendous form, beating two bogey pairs en-route to their first WC SF. Can they beat another boogey pair in Ko/Yoo? A 50-50 match and if they continue their splendid form, I think Bona/Ahsan can reach the Final.

XD SF
    Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier vs Tantowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir [2] - Towi/Butet absolutely outclass the Danish pair yesterday and I think they should at least fulfill their seeding in reaching the Final. But, they shouldn't underestimate the home pair, who have been playing impressively too this week despite being unseeded, especially in their straight-set win over the Chinese no 4 seed Tao/Tian!

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

What a match to round-up the SF, with Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae arranged right at the end to keep the interests of the spectators! I fancy Jung/Lee to progress to the Final.

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Huh??? Is this true?? Is this allowable? OMG.
    So, we can all skip both these matches and have a nice dinner first.

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Make sure your dinner is a brief one, usually 'fix' matches last really fast....................

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Me too.............................................

13. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    I think Tantowi Ahmad/ Liliyana Natsir will meet Zhang nan/ Zhao yunlei in final... They will be rivals in many coming tournament, like Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir & Zheng bo/Gao ling before...

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Looks like the semifinal match between Cai/Fu V Jung/Lee is real final, the winner of this tie will be out as World Champion, let's see ;)

15. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yes, this match is too early to be held in the semi final. Instead, it should be a final match. :(

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As INA fans, better not :p I am hoping for Jung/Lee to beat Fu/Cai and then got beaten by Bona/Ahsan in the Final. That will be the dream finish :D Just like in KL 2007 whereby Choong/Lee beat Fu/Cai in the QF, only to be beaten by Kido/Hendra in the SF :D

17. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

does anyone know where i can find the list of past medalists (including silver medalists and bronze medalists)?
    I can only find the past champions from the the wikipedia. :(

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    As MAS fan, as in MS, PG beats LD and then got beaten by LCW?

19. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    i think zhang nan/zhao yun lei will win against their own teammate
    only these two capable to beat towi/liliyana (if they win over adcock/bankier)
    however im hoping the home pair will play the game more faster than yesterday

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I'm hoping for 2 final spots for Indinesia tonite :)