Yonex rackets in order- My opinion

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by shebbear2, May 18, 2011.

1. shebbear2

shebbear2 Regular Member

Student
    Re:

The Voltric 80 is much, much better. The Armortec 900 T was really head heavy (overly head heavy I think) and felt really 'sluggish' to use. The Voltric had none of these attributes and felt a lot more balanced.

2. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    I see. I think I'll just stick with my VT80 then :D.

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Interesting isn't it? But if you measure the BP of the VT80, it will probably be as head heavy (if not more) as the AT900T. I don't really know how Yonex have done it (perhaps the slim shaft/aerodynamics?), but the VT80 is super head heavy and yet super fast at the same time. Probably one of the best rackets I've ever used (in 20+ years of playing badminton with various rackets) and certainly one of the most enjoyable to use.

4. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    I know right. I own the vt 80 and it's pretty fast for a head heavy racket.

5. jackbanner

jackbanner Regular Member

Tested all! Wow!

6. shebbear2

shebbear2 Regular Member

Student
    Re:

It was a good day :)

7. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    I'm not trying to offend anyone, and I get that testing rackets is pretty subjective, and you're obviously entitled to your own opinion - but it would just be nice to know what that opinion is based on.

If you've only played two games with a factory-strung racket and you didn't like it, that's a bit different from someone who's been using a racket for months, with their preferred stringing etc, and still doesn't like it (be honest - who's opinion would *you* value more?).
    Similarly, if the Arc-10 has been your go-to racket for the last few years, it's hardly surprising that you like it better than some other rackets that you're not used to.

If the review is based on your "first impressions" of a racket, that's fair enough, and still nice to hear - but you should probably say so. Likewise, if it's based on extensive playing time, you should say so.

8. Barca

Barca Regular Member

It is only fair to rate the rackets after using it extensively. Some rackets are more 'user-friendly'. You might like it instantly because you could get the timing right instantly and giving you less mishit and so on. Thus it will be highly rated.A more demanding racket need a bit of getting used to. If you play with it say for a few minutes or so, it may not be possible to know its full attributes.

9. shebbear2

shebbear2 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry for not being clear but it was on my first impressions and since the Arcsaber 10 was fake it was different than the real one. I do agree with you though, it's definitely better to review them after extensive use. I just thought that since I got to play with all of them I'd take the opportunity and do a review on it.

10. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    nice list, but everyone is different! Myself personally, the Arc 10 is at the absolute bottom of the list and then some. AT700 being at the top, you could almost say that my list is pretty much an inverse of your list.

11. shebbear2

shebbear2 Regular Member

Student
    Really? Arcsaber 10 at the bottom? You need medical help :)

12. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Yeah, that is a little surprising, considering it's a fairly middle-of-the-road kind of racket - moderately stiff, moderately head-heavy, average weight, average swingspeed. It's not one of those "marmite" rackets like the Arc-Z that really polarizes opinions.

If you like the AT700 best of all, I'd have expected you to like the Arc-10 better than most nanospeeds, if nothing else.
    Still, everyone's different, like you say...

13. RyuHayabusa999

RyuHayabusa999 Regular Member

Businessman
    Once you try VT80, you'll never look back!!!

14. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I don't think so. It is no doubt a good racket but not everyone is loving it as much as you do. Frankly, I am not that impressed with the VT80.

#34 Barca, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  15. Freerider-Dave

Freerider-Dave Regular Member

Building Distribution
    I love My Arcsaber Z Slash its like the perfect raquet. I Also Quite Like My Girlfriends Arcsaber 9FL too. Dont get confused by sports direct and direct sports. Direct sports have supplied me all my gear so far and they are an authorised yonex supplier. Love them. Sports direct is some highstreet shop like jjb.

16. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

my favorite now is arcsaber 7

vt80 is good but...i too lousy to play with the head heavy...

arcsaber 10 good? i havent got any chance to try..... sigh....

17. shebbear2

shebbear2 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah the 7 is my favourite too :p But the 10 is actually better.

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    No it is not superfast.. it is actually slower than even the AT700 imop.. especially the fat voltric frame makes it slower..It is note very aerodynamic. It is also alot (anyway the 2 I have tried, it may be individual variances) headheavier than the AT900T (assuming we compare both 3Us). The voltric have the nicest shaft of all Yonex rackets,very nice repulsion/flex feel. The conical -II shafts of LN comes close but I would argue the VT80-shaft is even nicer. And most likely the nanopreme works really well for the shaft.. The frame and the rest is not very godo imop. so just like the arc-Z they did some fails.. But the failures of VT80 is far less than the combo of high-flex-narrow frame in the Z..

If you follow the tour you see that almost all players have abandoned the Arc-Z already. I think VT80 will be the most used racket from YY sponsored players on tour. but the sad fact is that it is really not as good as the latest Victors and LNs rackets. Of course this is my own personal opionion, so nothing wrong if you feel VT80 is better for you than MX80, N55-II etc. :) I can only stand by my own views based on my own tests/experiences :)

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes, that's your own opinion and it's all good. We all must figure out what we like and what we don't like. I actually find apacs rackets generally just as good as the Yonex ones, and they are much cheaper. However, I'm not at a level where I find a racket makes any significant difference to my playing level (keeping in mind I'm not talking about extremes here). The VT80 may (appear to) give me a slightly faster smash, but that's probably because I've adapted to the racket well now (just like I had adapted well to the apacs Lethal 60/70, because I simply used it so much hehe).

Also, at the end of the day, I don't care about "Nanopreme" or "shape of racket head" etc. If the racket feels good to use, I will use it. In my opnion, analysing the exact shapes and sizes doesn't make any difference in the REAL world - if the racket looks like a hammer but you feel good playing with it and can beat Lin Dan with it, who would really care about the apparent "fatness" or "slimness" etc?

#39 ssj100, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  20. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

why? har?

:confused: