Victor MX80 VS Panda Trin Pro

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Iori, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Iori

Iori Regular Member

I recently sold MP 99. Now I kinda miss having an even balance /stiff racket. I am considering either mx80 or tpro. Can any members who have used both give me some insight? They appear to be spec'd similarly. I'm leaning to the mx80 because I might get better resale value or at least resell it easier if I don't like it. Btw I use at900p right now, mainly doubles. Thanks

2. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

I dunno what tpro is. but mx80 is good. quick/fast swinging racket (good for doubles), stiff shaft like the at900p,good control, good in defense, good in attack and net. prob only slightly less powerful compared to the at900p, but enough power for sure.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

i have both

mx80 is now my go to racket... much faster, more powerful, incredible feel for 1/3 more $

only down side is it's quite stiffer, will take a few sessions to adapt

wanna buy a near mint t pro? :) i'm also in vancouver. go nucks go!

#3 visor, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. LYD-KR

LYD-KR Regular Member

HUH? lol nah i'm not from vancouver lol im from australia. and i dunno what a t pro is. im thinking of getting another mx80 or a sw 35 :)

5. pop88

pop88 Regular Member

mx 80 failed product from victor. no pro uses it. BS10/11 SW35 classic.

6. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The racket gets good reviews here. Why do you call the mx80 a failed product? Just because no pro uses it?
    Or have you actually had an experience that has shaped your opinion?

7. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Where exactly have they failed? The UK sold out all their MX80s in one month. I have one and I think they are great rackets. Please add some justification behind your comment.

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Seriously stop spamming this forum with rubbish.

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Please just ignore him, most of his 12 or so posts are nonsense about how the MX80 is a failed product, when it clearly isn't...

10. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

mx80 is more like the mp99 i guess? its really stiff but quite honestly, I don't feel the stiffness when I play with it. Think of MX80 has a combined version of the Bravesword Series and the Super Waves series. It's fast and it does pack quite a punch. I haven't tried the T pro, only the Ultra Pro so I can't realy comment much on the T Pro :p!

11. pop88

pop88 Regular Member

"LD rules" listen: Everybody here can express their opnion. You can take it as a reference or just ignore it. But you don't have the right to ask somebody " stop spamming this forum " just because somebody has different opnion. This is NOT democracy. The name of this thread is " Victor MX80 VS Panda Trin Pro ", NOT " Victor MX80 Lover". If you rename the thread as " MX80 lover", I will keep quite.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

"pop88" actually I looked up your posts, and the majority of them are rubbish about how it is a failed product, stop basing your argument around how no pro uses it, that is no means for argument. In fact that isn't even an argument to say why it is a failed product. No pro is using a Mizuno TC700, but most people believe it is a great product, by your logic it would be a failed product, Ti10 1st gen must also be a failed product as no pro is currently using it. Just cause some TPE player used it, and didn't play well, doesn't mean it was the racket, and doesn't make the racket failed. And why are you talking about democracy ? Seriously you keep spamming the forum with the same message, which is misleading. It is not a failed product. Please ignore this posts from "Pop88" and instead just read the MX80 thread for a true reflection on this racket.

13. Porky

Porky Regular Member

U do have a right to comment and give different opinion, but pls justify why u say it's a failure product and izit juz becoz no pros are using it so considered a failure? If thats how u derive a failed product, dun u find it pretty lame as there are so many different models of racquets in the market which pros are not using but they are pretty solid racquets to many players...in conclusion, no one will begrudge ur opinion if u can explain more instead of juz putting a 1 sentence post which is juz inviting critics to flame u....no pun intended seriously :)

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

What is wrong with pop88's opinion? He believes that mx80 is crap because it did not fit him and its not used by any pro. That's his reason for his conclusion.

I, otoh, think that the mx80 is a fantastic racket. It is fast, forgiving, and gives me good control and enough power. That none of the pros uses it or that pop88 did not like it is irrelevant to me, just like my conclusion is irrelevant to pop88.

Lets agree to disagree and leave the astute reader to make their own judgement.

p.s.: I think the tc700 is an even more fantastic racket.
    p.s.2: mx80 (as a product measured in commercial terms) is a successful product because it sells well -- in fact, it outstripped Victor's projections in all known markets. The purpose of any commercial product is to generate revenue and the mx80 is successful in that sense. If we charge each pro sponsorship (marketing cost) to their chosen racket, that makes the mx80 an even more successful product because of reduced cost (no cost incurring pros uses it). Afterall, marketing cost is sustained (in hope) to increase revenue.
    p.s.3: as corollary of p.s.2, if crap and sell well, that may still be crap but it's a successful product.
    p.s.4: corollary of p.s.2, mx80 and tc700 are both successful products.