Ashaway Zymax 62 VS Gosen R4X 100

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Bigfatsiu, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

Looking for some extremely thin strings to try out. These two are probably the orthodox ones. Both are thin (0.62 and 0.63 respectively) and both are pretty hard ones. Without any doubt, their durability are very limited but pretty playable and powerful.

Is there anyone who has played with both strings can share you feelings here?
    Much appreciated.

2. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

I have just played with the Zymax 62 today, but only an one-hour session. I couldn't tell everything about the string, as I haven't really tried everything. Still, I would like to share a little bit of feeling here.

From the very first hit, you can tell this is a pretty hard string. I knew it beforehand so I get it strung at a tension lower than my normal one. The previous string I test is the RSL TurboNano 660 which quite softer, indeed, by a considerable margin. Power is very nice but needs time to adjust as it feels differently. I advice everyone who want to try this string to reduce the tension by 2-3 lbs if you do not want a abrupt change in feeling. Due to it's decent power, the action of smashing needs to be a little bit more downward going. Flat drive and clear also needs to reduce power. So, with the reduced tension, it will be an utterly new experience to play with this string. Need time to adjust. That's one of it's drawbacks.

One thing that this string excels in is at the net. All you need is a soft touch then it goes over the net, very nice in this category. Drop shot is so easy with this string, even at back court. Of course, drop shot is something that can be trained l and can be good with every string if you practice more. But I just think it helps me a lot.

It's time for some more drawbacks. First its slippery(hope that I get the right meaning of slippery here in this forum), the string just slides almost every 5 shot. I think this has been mentioned by a lot of players here but in reality, it's out of my expectation. I have to move my string back from time to time, and that's something annoying.

Lastly, durability. For a thin string like this, you won't expect it to be durable. I didn't break it in this casual one-hour session. In think the durability is better than what I expect. Some say it only last for 2 hours or so. I did mishit a few times as I have not get used to my new racket. One of them is a hard one, I mishit when I tried to hit a jumping cross-court smash. I immediately check whether the string is broken, luckily not. However, the string moves a lot after that hit, leaving a big hole on the string bed. I am flabbergasted with the durability, especially after that bad mishit.

To wrap this up, I think this is a pretty decent string, good for players who want a hard and thin string load with power and control. However, movement of strings and durability for hard-hitter might be a concern.

3. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

This is my second day with the Zymax 62.

It feels a little bit different when compared to yesterday. It might be the fact that the string has loosen up a little bit. And also i am used to the new racket.

Power comes easier. My smashes are more powerful today but still, the control is lacking(with RSL NT660 as comparison),i just cannot hit it pin-point accurate.

The string slides less than yesterday as i didn't smash a lot today. And i don't see any sign of spraying on the string, looks reasonably durableto me.

Overall, the feeling has improved, power is improved, control doesn't change much. I might suggest user of this string to wait a day or two to allow the string to loosen up a bit to obtain better feel and power.

4. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    ve u try li-ning 0.62 string?

5. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

no i didn't try LiNing's string
    i am using Yonex BG66UM now