Li-Ning Singapore Open 2011

Discussion in 'Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011' started by Loh, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Nice try madbad, she's Dutch not Indian ;p

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Who is she? Looks of Indian descent

3. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

Lotte Jonathans

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

And of what descent is she? Pardon my ignorance :eek:

5. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

I don't really know, Indonesian I believe, but I'm not sure.

6. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Schenk always looks kinda funny on pictures! lol

7. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

I always have a good laugh looking at pictures with one doubles player in front not knowing what the partner behind him is actually doing! The one with Jung Jae Sung is the funniest! :)

8. sputneek

sputneek Regular Member

I enjoy taking expressions and jonathans had this wide cheeky smile before the game. But she doesn't have nice smile after the game. Can't remember which team beat her. I think it's the Malaysian girls.

I won't be taking much photos today. I realized that I don't remember who won Or what happened during the game, because I was top busy clicking away or looking out for expressions. Lol!

9. xiaobunny

xiaobunny Regular Member

Student
    Hope to see more photo of wang yihan and tai tzu ying

10. fengyunfan

fengyunfan Regular Member

I like your pictures very much, cause you could really catch wonderful moments or expressions of the shuttlers. Pls take more pictures!!!

11. sputneek

sputneek Regular Member

i have some wang yihan photos but they are not good. cut off here and there, not much of any strong expression. then again, she doesnt have expression :S

tai has better expression but she was playing at court 3 or 4. I was sitting between 1 and 2. It was a little hard to get a good shot of tai. i'll check through my memory card tonight.

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

But the pic you posted IS her normal expression.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Top seeds sent packing in Singapore Open

[​IMG]
    by Low Lin Fhoong
    04:47 AM Jun 17, 2011

Badminton's top stars fell like flies at the 2011 Li-Ning Singapore Open yesterday, as nine seeded players and pairs - including men's singles top seed Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia - were shown the exit on day three of the competition.

China's Bao Chunlai, the 2009 champion, was the first to be eliminated from the mens' singles round of 16, as the 7th seed was defeated 2-0 (21-23, 15-21) by 17-year-old Dane Viktor Axelsen (46).

China's Chen Long (3rd seed) and Park Sung Hwan (8) also failed to advance to the quarter-finals after losses to veteran South Korean Lee Hyun Il (21-18, 21-23, 21-18) and Chen Jin of China (21-15, 21-16) respectively.

Defending women's singles champion Saina Nehwal (4) was also shocked 2-1 (21-8, 10-21, 19-21) by Taiwan's Cheng Shao Chieh late last night.

But the biggest scalp claimed yesterday was that of former world No 1 and 2004 Olympic champion Taufik, who crashed out 16-21, 22-20,13-21 to Wang Zhengming (22) of China.

Said the 29-year-old Indonesian: "I made a lot of mistakes in the first and third set and that's why I lost."

Said former world junior champion Wang, 21: "In the second set, I thought of a way to stop him and just played my shots at the front of the net so he couldn't get comfortable.

"Taufik is older now and his standard has gone down."

Reigning Olympic and world champion Lin Dan kept his Singapore Open campaign on track with a 21-17, 21-11 victory over Denmark's Jan O Jorgensen.

Poland's 7th seeded mixed doubles pair of Robert Mateusiak and Nadiezda Zieba, Indonesia's men's doubles of Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan (6), Mohammad Ahsan and Bona Septano (8), and South Korea's women's singles player Bae Youn Joo (5) also bowed out yesterday.

Selected matches today (times subject to change):

Men's singles:

After 3pm Lin Dan (CHN) vs Simon Santoso (INA), Peter Gade (DEN) vs Du Pengyu (CHN), Lee Hyun Il (KOR) vs Chen Jin (CHN) Women's singles:

After 3pm Wang Shixian (CHN) vs Juliane Schenk (GER); Gu Juan (SIN) vs Wang Xin (CHN) Men's doubles:

After 3pm Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae (KOR) vs Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa (JPN) Women's doubles:

After 3pm Miyuki Maeda/Satoko Suetsuna (JPN) vs Tian Qing/Zhao Yunfei (CHN)

#193 Loh, Jun 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  14. sputneek

sputneek Regular Member

thank you but i wont be taking much today. i wont be carrying the heavy lens anymore. it's taxing on my shoulders, wrist and fingers. haha.. it's really my first time trying out the zoom lens and i dont think i can do this more than 2 days. lol.

15. sputneek

sputneek Regular Member

thats what i noticed too. haha.. okay, i'll post some of her photos tonight. a few more hours before the event, but i wanna get there early and get myself a good seat :)

16. porroy

porroy Regular Member

technical
    the chinese players are dominating, as well as the Koreans

17. sputneek

sputneek Regular Member

wang yihan on 15th june and 16th june...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and tai (only one)

[​IMG]

enjoy!

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Crushed by the Russians

Yao Lei, Shinta's cautious play backfires as Russians advance to quarter-finals

[​IMG]
    by Low Lin Fhoong
    04:47 AM Jun 17, 2011

SINGAPORE - Just last year, the Singapore camp celebrated Yao Lei's and Shinta Mulia Sari's historic victory at the US$200,000 (S$248,400) Li-Ning Singapore Open when the duo became the first local shuttlers to win the title in 20 years.

But there was little cheer for the 3,500 spectators at the Singapore Indoor Stadium yesterday, when the unseeded pair were defeated 2-1 (21-14, 20-22, 17-21) by Russia's Valeri Sorokina and Nina Vislova (eighth seed) in the round of 16.

Both pairs last met at the 2009 Sudirman Cup, with Yao Lei and Shinta also losing the group stage encounter 2-1.

The Singaporeans, ranked 11th in the world, looked on track to turn the tables on their higher ranked Russians (9) in the first game as they cruised to a 21-14 win. But their defensive strategy of lobs and long rallies backfired in the second, as the Russians turned on the heat to clinch the game 22-20. There was no looking back for Sorokina and Vislova as they stormed to the lead in the rubber, before sealing the match 21-17. They will meet Japan's second seeded pair Mizuki Fujii and Reika Kawiiwa in the quarter-finals today.

Said Sorokina: "We are overjoyed at this win as it's our second success in a row against the Singaporeans. We really want to qualify for the Olympic Games in London next year and this will help us gain qualifying points."

Said the 21-year-old Yao Lei: "We were too cautious and in the second set we didn't dare play our usual game. We were just too defensive today. I'm disappointed as we could have won this."

The duo failed to meet the Singapore Badminton Association's (SBA) target of a quarter-final finish, with coach Eng Hian attributing the loss to the pair not being able to handle the expectations. Yao Lei and Shinta have not qualified in the top four of any tournament since winning the Singapore Open last year.

Said Eng Hian: "After the Singapore Open last year, their condition was very different and there was a lot of pressure. We are starting to work with a sports psychologist to help them adapt to this situation.

"I think they are slowly picking up and will get better in the next tournament at the Indonesia Open next week."

Singles player Gu Juan continued her progress in the competition, posting a hard-fought 2-1 (16-21, 21-16, 21-15) victory over Japan's Ai Goto.

The win earned the 21-year-old Singaporean a spot in the top eight against third seed Wang Xin of China.

Live on MediaCorp Channel 5

June 18: Semi Finals, 2pm to 7pm

June 19: Finals, 1pm to 6pm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Singaporean shuttler Shinta Mulia Sari (in red) and Russia's Nina Vislova in the round 2 match at the Li-Ning Singapore Open 2011. PHOTO COURTESY LI NING SINGAPORE OPEN 2011

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Round 2 Results for Singles

Men's singles second round results:

Viktor Axelsen (DEN) bt Bao Chunlai (CHN) 23-21, 21-15
    Du Pengyu (CHN) bt Marc Zwiebler (GER) 21-16, 21-12
    Peter Gade (DEN) bt Rajiv Ouseph (ENG) 21-11, 21-13
    Lin Dan (CHN) bt Jan O Jorgensen (DEN) 21-17, 21-11

Lee Hyun-Il (KOR) bt Chen Long (CHN) 21-18, 21-23, 21-18
    Wang Zhengming (CHN) bt Taufik Hidayat (INA) 21-16, 20-22, 21-13
    Chen Jin (CHN) bt Park Sung-Hwan (KOR) 21-15, 21-16
    Simon Santoso (INA) bt Sho Sasaki (JPN) 21-11, 21-12

Women's singles second round results:

Tine Baun (DEN) bt Sayaka Sato (JPN) 21-16, 21-14
    Wang Shixian (CHN) bt Wang Lin (CHN) 12-8, retired
    Wang Xin (CHN) bt Aprilla Yuswandari (INA) 18-21, 21-11, 21-14
    Wang Yihan (CHN) bt Tai Tzu-Ying (TPE) 21-16, 21-14

Gu Juan (SIN) bt Ai Goto (JPN) 16-21, 21-16, 21-15
    Yao Jie (NED) bt Bae Youn-Joo (KOR) 21-19, 22-20
    Juliane Schenk (GER) bt Inthanon Ratchanok (THA) 17-21, 21-16, 21-18
    Cheng Shao-Chieh (TPE) bt Saina Nehwal (IND) 8-21, 21-10, 21-19

- TODAY/AFP

20. xiaobunny

xiaobunny Regular Member

Student
    THanks a lot !
    Really nice photo and happy to see both of my idol for women single bt sadly they played with each other yesterday