Gift Racket Recommendation! Help!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SmackCal, Jun 14, 2011.

1. SmackCal

SmackCal New Member

Hello! Buying my girl friend a racket! Trying to surprise her. She's played before, I'd say she's an intermediate player, but hasn't played in a long time now. She use to play with a C2C Nano Fire, which was a gift from a friend's father. She really liked that racket. Anyone have any recommendations for a similar performing racket? I honestly don't think she has that much knowledge about rackets, but then again I could be wrong. She played on a Badminton team back in high school, so.... Maybe she does?? I've asked her about her racket before and she didn't really seem too knowledgeable about it.

Can you guys recommend a racket similar to the properties and performance of a C2C Nano Fire? Not too sure of my price range.. I guess anywhere $100+ to probably under $200.

Could you guys also recommend me a beginners racket? Price range under $100.

Anyways I have no knowledge of badminton whatsoever, but plan to be playing with her :]

If you guys have any recommendation for her and one for me please let me know!
    Thanks!

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I read about C2C nano fire and it seems it is just hard to get? you need a 5U (75-79gr) racket (famous brand like victor li-ning and yonex does not have a racket with 5U range.. CMIIW)
    usually they make 4U (80-84gr) and more commonly 3U (85-89gr)

Black Knight C2C nano fire spec:

Features
    Level: Advanced
    Type: All Around
    Flex: Medium Stiff
    Head: Square / Isometric / Quad
    Weight: 80gm(5U-)
    B.Pt: 6 (Even Balance)
    ===============
    Head: High Modulus Carbon Graphite, EOS
    Shaft: High Modulus Carbon Graphite, Carbon 4 (C4)
    Cover: Black Knight full racquet cover
    String: Ashaway Rally 22 Ti String (Custom Strung) / Upgrade Available

so.. sorry, can't really help except you want to buy heavier racket (that she might not like it)

3. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

Consider the Apacs Tantrum Light Infinity.

I did not play with this racket, but that is a racket that has similar spec.

4. Bigfatsiu

Bigfatsiu Regular Member

Specification

• Frame Material : Japan Toray T1000 (Ultra high Strength & Stiffness)
    • Shaft Material : Japan Toray M30 (30 Tonne)
    • Flex : 8-9 ( medium flex)
    • Frame thickness : 10.4 (T-Join) -> 9.8(Top end) mm
    • Shaft Dia. : 7.5mm - 7.1mm (Taper)
    • Weight : 76-79g
    • Length : 670mm
    • Max Tension : 35lbs
    • Balance : 282 -295 mm

5. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The Nanofire is not impossible to get. But it's not terribly cheap to buy new.
    I've not played with it, but it is a nice racket, and if it's what she liked, you can always get one. A 1 minute search found some sites.
    For example, here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Knight-C2...838?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item5d278d2846 (this place is legitimate)
    Or here: http://www.marcottesports.com/produits.php?marque=8&type=1&categ=10&noPage=2 (nice seller but be aware his 1st language is French)

Of course your GF will probably appreciate any racket you give her. It's the thought that counts!

There