Discuss Malaysia

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wilfredlgf, Jun 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I can see that the Malaysia-related thread is either deleted or removed again for the very same reason of its predecessors - the inability of some of the participants to agree to disagree, as well as looking at a topic objectively. The information regarding Internet banking security that I took hours to write is of good interest to everybody as it is factually driven rather sentimental.

If anything my only wish is for the citizens to make judgements after seeing things from both sides of the perspective, not jumping to conclusion at first glance. Had too many conversations when my attempt to discuss the topic based solely on the understanding of the issue is drowned out by protests that I was biased towards this and that person.

Try discussing import car taxes and petrol subsidies - you'll end up getting lambasted for discussing the topic academically. These are some of the reasons why we aren't really advancing as a nation as differing opinions and overal pictures are always pushed aside for partisan sentiments, be it true or misguided.

2. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    The first topic I'd like to talk about here is regarding the prices of daily goods - they are getting more expensive. There are times however when I find some of the increases to be nothing short of scandalous, for reasons that are of little logic.

I first voiced out a question to friends on Facebook regarding the increase of prices of goods in the form of a scenario. It goes like this:

Assuming that one tin of sweetened condensed milk makes eight glasses of teh ais / iced milk tea, if the price increases by RM0.20 per tin, how much should each glass of teh ais / iced milk tea increase in price?

a) RM0.025
    b) RM0.20

Answer (a) and the increased cost of a single glass of teh ais / iced milk tea is less than one cent.
    Answer (b) and the restaurant owner makes RM 1.40 or 700% extra profit.

Makes me wonder whether the actual price hike that is actually due to the economic situation, governmental policies or plain profiteering by traders?

The hard part here is that the government cannot really enforce any sort of law on pricing of non-essential items as such because they are optional - just go somewhere else if you don't like to drink more expensive tea, or drink none at all.

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Totally agree with you Wilfred.I cant do much more as this forum has been taken over by a bunch of thugs,just as in our daily lives.
    I will give this place a miss for some time until such time when the situation improves where people are not harassed for speaking the truth.Being working hard for months to fight this menace but unfortunately I think they have got just what they wanted for the moment.Be seeing you.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    lmao............................................;)

5. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    One of these days I'm going to take time to sift through your posts to find how many of them are made up of meaningless ;) to build a case for a ban or suspension.

6. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    if we complaint too much then someone will knock on your door to ask you go back china!!
    dont play play....ya

7. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    In a crowded room of people, the one shouting the loudest will be heard and given the most attention, regardless of if he's the only one amongst one hundred people.

That attitude as you mentioned above is not a general view held by the majority of the people you are speaking about - not a single one of my friends as per the group you are talking about, thinks like that.

Do you pay taxes by the way?

8. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    930 tonnes of food being thrown away every day
    THE STAR
    Friday June 10, 2011

And people complain about rising cost of items.

9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Wilfred, I thought I did make one post here

but strangely its nowhere to be seen :p

Was it deleted by the mod or I hit the wrong button ? :D

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Stange. Me too can't find the old mas boleh news thread anymore. Looks like the mod had removed it;)
    Or shall we continue here>> http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-Boleh!!!/page5?highlight=Malaysia+boleh+news

Btw, latest from MAS Airlines.
    The first MAS A380 vertical tail plane (VTP) arrives in Toulouse, France by Airbus Beluga.
    253683_10150211084914712_52798899711_6916563_8205723_n.jpg

When will AirAsia order an A-380 i wonder?:p

Malaysia Airlines' (MAS) first Airbus A380 has entered the airframer's final assembly line in Toulouse.
    The superjumbo jet, which entered the line on 7 June, will have its front, central and aft fuselage sections, wings and horizontal and vertical tails assembled at the first stage.
    This will be followed by the installation of engines and tests on the aircraft's electric and hydraulic systems, mobile parts and landing gears. Final ground tests and first engine tests will take place after that, before the aircraft is flown to Hamburg for cabin completion and painting.

11. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    And I don't know if anyone noticed my disappearance, but practically for almost the exact same reason. Don't think anyone remembers me too LOL.