NEW Badminton facility for 2015 PAN AM – Home for Federation of Badminton clubs

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by MBCLLAP, Feb 20, 2011.

1. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

No. I am not aware. How can I find out more. Is this on a web site that I can read up on. Is this organize under B.ONT, TDBA or any kind of structure? If yes, perhaps we can join up. If no, we should talk about brinhing this under some kind of a structure

2. KooGuy

KooGuy Regular Member

MBCLLAP,

I just send you a PM with detail information about the championship.

Friendly club matches is another way to promote badminton without going through a formal tournament...We have been having lot's fun over the years.

By the way, good work on Pan AM facility and promoting badminton in your club.

3. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
  4. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

I have spoken to Councillor Don Hamilton and Deputy Mayor Jack Heath today. They support badminton 100% and they are doing everything in the background to secure the badminton facility for us. I have ask Badminton Canada to contact PAN AM to ensure that they need to stick by the orignial plan. I am in communication with PAN AM program venue director and he ensure me that they will stick by the original plan. I will be taking a week off work next week to meet and address council and work with PAN AM to deal with this situation. I will post communication, between PAN AM, Council and MBC on www.markhambadminton,con to keep you all intereste party inform of relevant communication.

MS Lee comment surprise me. I am a little bit disappointed that a club of her stature which produce the number 1 female badminton player (Michelle Li) in Canada would NOT support Badminton in the community. I have not spoken to her yet, so I do not know why she said what she said.

5. dex

dex Regular Member

Student
    Thanks MBCLLAP! Pls keep us inform! We appreciated yr time and efforts! It's no surprise that Ms Lee says something like that if you know her long enough!

6. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

Update
    The Town resolution is that if PAN AM rejects the 2 pools proposal, they will have to go back to One Pool and one Badminton facility. We have been working the background and I just got email from the CEO of Pan AM today that they will not accept the 2 pools proposal from Markham. The Council has no choice but to go back to the one pool and on badminton facility plan. They could come up with another resolution. I have met with Deputy Mayor Jack Heath, Jim Jones, and Don Hamilton to explain our position and why PAN AM for Badminton is important to Markham. I am meeting councillor Alex Chiu tomorrow. Meeting with regional councillors Joe Li and Councillor Alan Ho on Friday...will keep everyone posted.

7. magdrury

magdrury Regular Member

Are there more info regarding friendly team match between clubs? My group (15-20 players) plays at Mandarin but we can't represent Mandarin, can we join?

8. bdman

bdman Regular Member

Check out the new post about the inter-clubs competitive / recreational legaues set up by the Federation of Badminton Clubs in this Fall.

9. bdman

bdman Regular Member

Way to go MBCLLAP!! At least we can see the light of a big picture of having an international badminton facility for the local communities; every badminton lovers should unite to back up MBCLLAP's passion towards the goal!!

10. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

Yes, you can join. The league is open to all members of the badminton community. You just have to make up a name for your group of friends. Call it ABC (just kidding, don't call it that. There are 2 clubs out there with this name already, Adult Badminton Club and Aurora Badminton Club).
    The final propose plan will be made public by approximately the middle of July, 2010. We have a detail draft document on how the league will be run. We did have an open meeting for feedback on Jan 30, 2011. We have not incorporated all the feedback into this document yet. I can post this document (approx 90% correct) if somebody can tell me how to add an attachment to thsi forum, or if you send me your email address at info@markhambadminton.com , I can send you the document.

11. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

The Mayor of Markham contacted the press today and inform them that the PAN AM facility planned for Markham for Badminton is back on track. Markham will host the TO2015 PAN AM game for Badminton. The Town will build one pool and one badminton facility. The CEO of PAN AM, Ian Troop also back this planned to host Badminton in Markham. The news should be out in this week paper or latest next week. After all this is settle, I will summarize the series of events that lead to this close call, for those who are interested to find out what happen

12. samman

samman Regular Member

My salute goes to MBCLLAP for your time and effort !!

13. Tornoni

Tornoni Regular Member

Finance
    After the very close call during the last 10 days, this is a very good news,indeed.
    Congrats to MBCLLAP (P.C.) for his outstanding work and running around to get the job done.

14. milliken

milliken Regular Member

Want to play with us on Sunday? write to bfcabadminton@gmail.com for details.

15. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

16. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

how much is membership gonna cost.. :s probably hella lot :/

17. wanttoplaydaily

wanttoplaydaily Regular Member

Great job Philip.

18. MBCLLAP

MBCLLAP Regular Member

The fee are yet to be determine. I am working a couple of model with a Town on the affordability rate. The facility is funded by the Town and it will most likely be run by a NOT For Profit organization. The town will operate the facility BUT all the programs will be run the Federation of Clubs, with a Board of Directors. One of our directive is to grow badminton, therefore our rate and service must be able to complement the profit clubs that are in the neighborhood. We must find a rate that is a win-win for both the NOT for Profit organiztaion run by volunteers and for Profit clubs around the neighborhood to have a sustainable future to develop high performance players. There will be a couple of challenges ahead of us as we prepare the badminton community for growth and built a sustainable structure under Badminton Ontario. We must work together to find win-win for the benefit of the sports and some of us will have to make sacrifice in the short term for longer term gain. I don't have an answer yet, but as we strive to learn the need of the community, the sport and find win-win solution, an answer will present itself. It always does when you aim to serve for the greater good.