NS9900 cracked, send to warranty, need a new replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ben3003, Jun 7, 2011.

1. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    Sad case, my YY NS9900 got a crack probably due to clash and i send it back and hopefully they will give me an replacement. Now i have a Victor Spira 22 in my bag, i've used it for 2 weeks but it doesnt give the feel of ns9900, and i keep mishit and miss the shuttlecock, probably due to better aerodynamics. Defend wise, i can defend better with my ns9900, i felt it is better in manoeuvrability compared to spira 22. But it can be that it need time to get used to the Spira 22, which i think is and excellent racket.

Should i sell my Spira 22 to get another ns9900? Or should i try something like MX80? I think i have no much problem using ns9900, except that after prolong use it tends to tire my muscles but i thought that should be normal because it is a demanding racket and i tend to use wrist smash for intercepting and repeating smash which are the good of ns9900. I am eyeing on something different, like mx80, because it is cheaper than ns9900. How about BS09? If i were to buy bs09, should i just keep my Spira 22 and get used to it? Most of the time i will be playing doubles, prefer attacking style.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

if you like and can handle the ns9900 stiffness, and you prefer attacking, you've got to try the mx80!
    power and speed!

don't even get the bs9, as that'll be quite flexy, like ns7700, which would be different than what you're used to

3. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    bs9 is less demanding because it is quite flex. I saw some chinese forum saying that x80 although rated stiff, but it say there is still some flexibility, although i dont quite understand even i am a chinese, just i am not from China :) probably i gonna give x80 a try, if it doesnt suit than i will just get a ns9900 back.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

i'm using an mx80

i think you'll be more than pleasantly surprised by the power, speed, and immediacy (ie. feel) of it

5. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    does it feels very stiff? How do you rate the level of playing for yourself? I am probably an intermediate player, able to do forehand clears back to back, not quite accurate smash, but need to improve much on footwork and backhand.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

i'd say it feels stiffer than some ns9900 that i've tried... as a matter of fact it's probably the stiffest racket that i've tried, which along with its woven carbon frame makes it excellent for drives, smashes, drops, net

the only downside to the extra stiffness is that my backhand clear and smash is not as whippy and powerful as with a slightly flexier shaft

i'd consider myself advanced in doubles, being able to hold my own with provincial level players

7. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    Oh, if like that then i need to reconsider x80 because ns9900 i am having hard time giving a good high backhand clear, although if smash return is still ok. Gonna try to swing around with it when i meet my seller. Just got a great news that after scanning, my seller told me my ns9900 is just very thin layer crack at outer 1st layer, he say still can use as normal, just dont clash it again at the part :)

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You can also consider BS10 for an excelent replacement for NS9900

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Strange how you seem to be the only one that feels that way. All the others seem to think it's not (nearly) as stiff as expected from a 5/5 stiffness rating?

10. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    Probably the feeling of stiffness is really personal sometimes? If so, then i guess i really need to try it myself to know the stiffness :D

11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:) Indeed, always better to try yourself first. At least they sell it in Malaysia already so don't "have to" order online from other countries ...

12. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Yes, sell the victor and get another NS9900. Since you are not going to get use to victor.

13. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    how about ti10 3rd gen? is it good? Ppl offered to trade my spira 22 with it plus topup from him.