Head light/even 4U rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Petah, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Petah

Petah Regular Member

My current racket has a BP of 295 (measured in mm from bottom of the handle) and was rated as an even balanced racket. However, from my reading, it appears that a balance point of 295 is on the head heavy side and though I play well with this racket, I would want to try something that is more even balanced or even head light since I mostly play MD and requires a quicker racket. Can anyone recommend a 4U racket that has a BP of around 280-285?

2. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    Nanospeed 8000 should be around there I think or Nanospeed 9900. I have a racket that's close to Nanospeed 8000 and has a BP of 285

3. jshi99

jshi99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Gosen Ryoga-Tenbu is another alternative. From my experience, Gosen Tenbu is lighter and head-lighter than NS8000. It's a great racket.

4. Petah

Petah Regular Member

Isn't the NS8000 or 9900 a 3U racket? Yeah, i am a wimp and would like a lighter racket. =)

5. jshi99

jshi99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes NS8000, NS9900, and Gosen Tenbu are 3U rackets. But Tenbu just feels a little lighter than both NS8000 and NS9900. Just keep in mind, that NS8000 is discontinued. To me NS9900 is little head-heavier than NS8000 and Tenbu.

If you want a really light racket then you should try Black Knight SuperLight (SL) Photon and Feather XL Badminton Rackets. They are 5U and head-light.

6. Petah

Petah Regular Member

I am actually currently using a black knight C2C nanofire rated at 80g with a BP of 295. My experience with black knight is that most of their SL rackets are head heavy biased. From my research, it seems like the SOTX LG series might fit the bill without breaking the wallet.

BTW - i do love the way my nanofire plays. Just want to try something else.

7. linty1

linty1 Regular Member

I agree with Jshi, the BK photon is very light, worth trying, also the BK Mystique, it plays really light too, those are two to try out.

8. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Head light 4U
    Yonex NS3000
    Even balance 4U
    Yonex ARC9FL, ARC3FL

9. todjo

todjo Regular Member

self employed
    Wilson jet Blx is a 4U racket. If you put overgrip on top of original grip, you will get the BP you want. But if you remove the original grip & replace it w/ thin overgrip, the BP will be higher.

10. Petah

Petah Regular Member

Thanks to all that have replied.

Silentheard, the ARC9 on yonex.com is a 3U racket and it doesn't even list an ARC3. What is the FL?

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

What did you hear when silent? :eek:

FYI, there are 2 version of ARC9. One is the original ARC9 which is pink and white with a lot of heart on it. The other one is ARC9FL which is pink and black with blue stars.. ARC9FL is 4U which is lighter
    ARC3FL is in the badminton catalog in www.yonex.com. They are coming to North America in July. That is estimated date.
    FL stand for Feather Light.