New Victor Racquet - The Legend

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Well, as you may have read guys that the Legend will only be distributed in P.R. China and not to the rest of the world. The only way to get it is to order online or get someone to ship it to you from China.

2. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

Specs and your comments sound very much like the X80.

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    SPIRA 21 is available in Germany for months. Victor Germany told me a half your ago that the Spira 21 is available at the european market. The cataloque 2011 shows the Spira 21, 22

#43 ucantseeme, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yet you got it from Taiwan not too long ago? (or has the time flown past so quickly? :D)

Yes I see them listed now but I didn't remember you posting the Spira21 2011 catalogue pic(?) so thought it wasn't in there. Or maybe you did but I could only remember BS12 and SW37(?) ...

Victor Brave Sword 09 € 115.90
    Victor Brave Sword 11 € 138.90
    Victor Brave Sword 10 € 139.90
    Victor Brave Sword 12 € 159.90
    Victor Brave Sword 08 € 159.90

Victor Super Inside Wave 32 € 116.90
    Victor Super Inside Wave 33 € 125.90
    Victor Super Inside Wave 36 € 158.90

Victor Spira 21 € 138.90
    Victor Spira 22 € 153.90

Yeah Victor is sooo cheap compared to Yonex ;). Even Li-Ning is cheaper at this place than Victor ...

5. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Yes, I got it from Eric. I saved more than 80€.

6. aramistuscany

Quick comparison between the Legend and the MX80. The Legend and MX80 have different frame shapes. The MX80 have a very fast swing and is faster than the Legend. However, the Legend is more powerful than the MX80.

This is my observations too when I compare the Legend with the Bumblebee 01 Power.

7. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Seems the legend lose traction once the MX80 hits the shops:D. Doesn't matter, maybe? Because it is made to be a souvenir racquet but with good pedigree:cool:? Meaning the value will always be there if it is kept or it can be a great weapon when in the courts:cool:.

#47 Triptens, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  8. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    ara, can you compare the legend with any artery since its have the same arc tech.... maybe narrow down to art ti99 since the spec looks alike. if same its just like yonex marketing for AT900LCW ARCzTH

9. aramistuscany

I did hold and swung the Artery Tec Ti99 both 2U and 3U. The 2U actually felt quite close to The Legend which feels solid and powerful. However, that's about it. For a closer and better comparison, I have to play with both of them.

10. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    thanks ara.. . maybe its really artery tec TI99 with different color scheme.

11. Shinso

Shinso Regular Member

Student
    I dont think that the Legend is a repainted Ti99 because they are totally different. The Legend have aero frame while Ti99 have have the power box frame. The Legend also doesnt have the shockless grommet(Not That Important) and i think the shaft of Ti99 is thinner compare to the Legend because some website stated that Legend shaft diameter is 7.5mm while Ti99 is 7.0mm.I think thats why Mr.Ara said that the 2U version of Ti99 feels the same like the the 3U Legend. :) I think I said to much already.

And Mr.Ara,Which one feels head heavier,the MX80 or the Legend? and from which website did you order it?

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I just purchased Victor Legend for RMB888 without even planning to have it! I saw it in one of badminton shop in Beijing. Was tempting to purchase either MX80, Bumblebee 01/02, SW37, BS12, or SP22 which the price difference was only about US$10~15 with 40~45% discount from retail price. Haven't string it yet because of long queue. Initial appearance is head & shaft are thicker than any other Victor rackets. Will give some brief review regarding the performance within 48 hours.

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Be interesting to read your review.

Is this thing a limited edition, because I haven't managed to see it on sale pretty much anywhere online.

14. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I'm not so sure about this being limited or otherwise. But i could only find 1 piece of Legend in that particular shop. The racket comes free with very good-looking bag which can hold upto ~6 rackets, free grip, regional warranty for China, some booklets of shoes, shuttlecocks, & Zhao Jian Hua background book.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I believe that The Legend is only available in China.:) that's why it is so hard to find.

16. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Okay, i had 2 hours to test out the racket performance versus N50 & SP21. Strung with YY BG66 Medium Feeling @26x25Lbs, 4knots system.

Appearance: ?/10 [don't really care how it looks like]
    Power: 9.5/10 [Head-heavy of the racket + stiffness is really helpful in generating much more power compared to my N50, maybe produce more power that SW35 & SPIRA21. Very much easier to generate swing power, either forehand & backhand clears were boosted by 25%]
    Agility: 6.5/10 [racket's BP at 295~300 made it clear that less quick maneuver for defensive]
    Feel: 8/10 [i guess thicker shaft at 7.5mm produce a bit of numb-feeling & less shock/vibration compared to N50]
    Adaptability: 10/10 [i'm a big fans of head-heavy racket, thus took me less than 2 minutes to get used to it]
    Stiffness: 10/10 [so far my personal opinion, i rated this racket as #1 stiffest among all my 13 rackets, not because the shaft stated so but based on my perception when using it, maybe comparable to N90 if not more]
    Similar rackets: N90 & AT900P 2U (according to one user whom tried it out as well).
    Overall performance: Although the weight of the racket is within 3U, but it feels just like 2U version of every head-heavy & extra stiff rackets out there. The sweet-spot of the racket isn't very forgiving, more like YY ArcZ slash. Definitely for single-player racket, not recommended for double-player except with strong wrist power. Smash & clear were amazingly over-powered but defense for double-play game is a bit slow or slow enough. I must say, those who aren't really used to high BP racket & stiffer might consider this racket as a warm-up only before switching to favorite racket. I had been switching Victor The Legend & N50 (BP of 290) & SPIRA21 for every game, and my N50 & SPIRA21 feels like a feather afterwards with less smash-power. All of these 3 rackets are 3U version. Paint durability is superb & durable to last from hard-clashed with N90 II. Conclusion, 99.9% recommended for single-player or craziest head-heavy racket. Price was cheaper than Lining N series, YY hi-end rackets & even Kason hi-end rackets.

17. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

20111111551327.jpg

The Legend

18. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Any online place to buy this racket? Thanks in advance.

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

try this http://shop33491808.taobao.com/

the shop has a good reputation in Beijing. the website is in chinese but you can open them using google chrome & translate entire page to English. don't bother email them since they won't reply it.

20. aramistuscany

Definitely, the Legend is heavier and more powerful but as I did mentioned somewhere in this forum earlier that the MX80 is faster and slightly less stiff. You can feel the MX80 cuts through the air better when you swing it and it produces a swishing sound. Whereas, the Legend produces more like a whooping sound.