Yonex ArcSaber 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jan 30, 2008.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

well I tried the normal Arc10 yesterday (red one) and it felt just the same as the PG version, I quite like both of them. I think this Arc10 was strung higher than the PG one, maybe 28lbs, but still somehow managed a backhand cross court clear, despite the shuttle being taken quite late. :) quite impressed.

2. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    with tat kinda shot, my opinion, it has nothing to do with the racket. its the taker's skill :).

3. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    To make a long story short, I got myself a number of different rackets about six months ago. The goal was to find the best singles racket for me. Among them an Arc 10 PG. First few months I did prefer other rackets. The Arc 10 was to much in the middle of everything. Nanospeed is faster, Armortec is more powerful. I also have a long love for the carbonex series mostly due to its solid feeling.

After some time however I tended to pick the Arc 10 more often. The reasons:

It's very predictable. My game doesn't suffer in any part. I can do all shoots as I want. I don't have to adjust my style of play due to my racket. It is very stable and the shuttle ends up where it is should.

The best thing is actually it's all round abilities, the very reason i didn't use it in the beginning. It's not the best at anything but all things put together it has the least flaws and therefore it turns out a winner for me.

The other rackets i bought at (about) the same time was the following:

Nanospeed 6000: A very good racket but the flex makes it a bit unpredictable when you push the power a bit.

Nanospeed 7000: Even better than the 6000 and I still use it for doubbles. It's stiff and predictable but lacks some of the effortless power you like so much in singles.

Ti 10 (3U): The racket that feels most like an Arc 10 balance wise. It's a tad to stiff for my taste. Suits better for doubbles.

Armortec 700 (3U): Loads of power but that's all you get. Every other aspect of the game suffer.

Cab 35 (3U): Has it all but is short. I'm a cab lover since two decades but short is out now and I can't go back again.

Cab 30 (3U): The best contender. Half the price of an Arc 10 and as good in nearly all aspects. Looses on the line because Arc 10 has a bigger sweet spot and can take higher tension.

Arc Z-Slash (3U): The mystery! Has it all but I can't really connect with it. I will try other strings.

Other rackets i will try is Voltric 70, Arc 8dx, Arc 5dx, Arc 7, Nanospeed 8000 and AR900 P and T. I have high hops for Voltric 70. However, I have ordered another two Arc 10. It's good enough...

4. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

So there is really no difference between regular Arc and PG edition eh?

5. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    None, what so ever!

6. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    Well red looks more intimidating than white. Fierce even. White looks kind of soft. No offense. I would've bought the PG edition if it didn't cost more and if it was in stock though. White is pretty.

I'm getting my AS10 next week, so I can hopefully have some impressions then. Hopefully I can warrant buying it.

7. Brian2000

Brian2000 Regular Member

AS10 is awesome, I have used it for a year now. Good smash, but not 100% accuracy, I can't seems to get the birdie land on the spot where I want it to if I smash. The racket is a little too heavy for intense defence in double games.

I finally got the NS9900 it's a much lighter racket I can smash and have the birdie land on where I want it to land. Defending with NS9900 is a breeze compare to AS10. But the smashes from NS9900 is around 25% slower than my AS10.:cool:

8. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    Wow! All I can say is it's a very nice feeling having a good racquet in my hands. I might not be able to tap into its fully power, or differentiate between the top racquets, but it's a huge upgrade from what I have been using.

I generate power effortlessly, and when I connect, it's a beautiful feeling. Trying to connect more rather than use power now.

AS10@24lbs BG65

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Arc10. gentlemen.

AS10 is the abbreviation for Aerosena 10 which is Yonex's shuttlecock line.

having said that. the Arc10 is an awesome racket. it has been my main racket for the past couple of year now.

10. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    FUU i like saying "as-ten" ^^
    "arc-ten" doesn't have as nice ring.
    shuttles are a product line? -.-"

11. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Do you see an "as-ten" or AS10 in this Yonex JP racquet chart with all the official abbreviations?

[​IMG]

As an analogy, lets say you prefer/like to drive on the right side on the road but when you visit a Commonwealth country or UK, do you still insist on driving on the right side of the road? Your actions will arise confusion in other people, as what your calling of Arcsabre 10 as "AS10" (which is really Yonex Aerosensa 10) now as and will even be outright breaking the law :p

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is indeed Yonex's official abbreviation.

don't get too worked up on it. you are assuming he has reached driving age... ;)

13. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    :D nope can't drive yet hah! And I don't pay attention to the charts very much. Would rather play by my feel of the racquet.
    I'll use ARC10 from now on. But I'll always be thinking of AS10. Hehe, sorry!

I think it's just a problem with me, but I find when I swing downward too fast, the racquet has too much momentum and keeps moving. With my previous racquets, I never had a problem stopping before it goes past 90 degrees. Also it vibrates quite a bit depending on how I hit it. I think my grip is too loose?

14. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    after sitting comfortably in my bag for 3 weeks, i sent my 'lady in red' for some new string.

Re gripped with a new Karakal Super PU grip, tightly wrapped around since it's a G3 ( really tight that i stretched the Super PU till it loses its spongy feel :p )

NBG-98 at 26lbs was her new outfit, and boy, the first 2 games, i went back in love again, head over heels. That feel...phew~ :rolleyes: now I remember why i love and why i still love and keep my Arc 10. :cool:

But NBG-98 seems to lose tension quickly, towards the 5th XD game, that 'liveliness', that feel..slowly going away..sigh~ :eek:
    Will try to string it 2lbs higher next time, so it won't drop way down my comfortable playing tension.

15. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

How stiff is the Arc 10? I now play with a 4U Armortec 600 and I would try the Arc 10 but I'm a little afraid about the stifness. Can you guys help me?

16. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

Its just stiff, not as stiff as NS8k or 99k but its pretty stiff and feels uncomfortable at first if your use to a flexible racket, but when you get a hang of it, you'll love it.

17. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

I already tried one and I don't like it :(

18. Penshurst

Penshurst New Member

may i know is there any known differences between arc 10 and arc 10 pg ?

19. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad
    One is red and one is white.

20. Penshurst

Penshurst New Member

in terms of usesability?