It's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Nadzmi believes the new contract continued to silence Misbun

Thanks eaglehelang for the article. Translated, it reads;

NOT want to think negatively, the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) believes Datuk Misbun Sidek will return to the main body for a new contract offer to train squad deemed to be 'honest'.

"We are honest in submitting a new contract for service (Misbun) is still needed and at the same time, we do not want to defeat Lee Chong Wei is more comfortable with a new coach," said its president, Datuk Seri Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh.

What is necessary now, he said, is to ensure that Misbun back to BAM for a touch of gold, believing the coach is able to produce more world-class badminton player Lee Chong Wei after helping another to dominate the international arena.

"The feedback from Chong Wei is important when a new contract is made. Misbun Service decided Coaching and Training Committee (CTC) BAM and the results clearly want him back, but there is little difference in the task, "he said.

With just four days before the meeting of the Exco BAM, Misbun need to give the final say on the offer after he was no longer given the task of guiding Chong Wei is more comfortable under chief coach Rashid Sidek and Tey Seu Bock.

If the offer is accepted, will be paired with Hendrawan, Misbun to lead nine players, including his son, Misbun Ramdan is said to be the cause of his suicide resigned suddenly last December 31.

BAM produce a new contract offer earlier this month to Misbun and Honorary Secretary, who is also Chairman of the CTC, Ng Chin Chai said, agreed to contract terms and conditions of CTC, but until now, Misbun not provide shade whether to accept or reject the offer.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    From the Star

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...657&sec=sports

In the eyes of many, I think misbun gets what he has been looking for :)

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

What is the latest status?

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    So Ramdan is the apple of his eyes.
    And LCW is smart enough to escape from the conflict in good time without having to waste 3 precious training months.
    On the other hand LCW has accepted change to his great advantage.

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think both Chong Wei and Misbun got what they want. It won't look good for one to discard the other, hence the long detour.

6. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

All the best to Misbun

Misbun rejected BAM offer for reason that only known to him, while others can only speculate. I respected him for what he had done & sacrifice for Malaysian badminton, and like wish him all the best.

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://www.thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/4/29/sports/8576003&sec=sports

Misbun decides NOT to take up BAM’s lucrative offer

KUALA LUMPUR: Dejection, pride and disappointment must have led Misbun Sidek to end his decade-long service as a national coach.

The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) deputy president, Tengku Kamil Ismail Tengku Idris Shah, confirmed after the exco meeting yesterday that Misbun had rejected a new contract with them to train the back-up shuttlers even though it offered good salary and perks.

Kamil, who chaired the meeting in the absence of the president, Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, said that Misbun did not state any reason for turning down the offer.

The decision of the 51-year-old Misbun marked an end to a colourful and controversial career as a national coach.

He now has an option to return to the Nusa Mahsuri professional club to train youngsters but close sources say that Misbun has had enough of badminton.

“The exco respected his decision and unanimously accepted it,” said Kamil.

“And we take this opportunity to appreciate him for his services and contributions to the many successes in Malaysian badminton over the years with the BAM.”

Misbun had remained silent since retracting his decision to quit the national team last month.

He must have felt very hurt when his prized player, Lee Chong Wei, announced that it was all right not to be under his charge.

His about-turn came as a shock because immediately after Misbun tendered his resignation as national coach last Dec 31, Chong Wei said that he would follow his coach.

It is learnt that Chong Wei had grown tired waiting for Misbun to make his return for more than three months and made a public declaration that he was comfortable under the guidance of Teh Seu Bock and Rashid Sidek and would like the arrangement to stay.

And BAM, who placed great priority on what their Olympic Games gold medal prospect wanted, offered Misbun to coach some of the back-up players, including his son Ramdan.

When asked whether Ramdan had also quit the team to join his father, Kamil said: “No.”

One of the exco member, Datuk Sayed Abu Bakar Abdullah, a good friend of Misbun, was disappointed that the latter had turned down the challenge to groom new stars for the country.

“Misbun should have accepted this offer. This was an opportunity for him to develop new talent and be a prominent coach in the national team,” said Sayed, who is also the president of the Terengganu Badminton Association.

“At this moment, any coach can train Chong Wei. He has reached a level that he does not need much help from a coach.

In fact, in the absence of Misbun, Chong Wei remained focused to win the Super Series Masters Finals, Malaysia Open and All-England (beating Lin Dan of China in the final).

“I think, Misbun has taken too long to think over all these and was distracted along the way. Misbun has the calibre and he should have stayed on with the BAM. It is a waste to see him leave like this.”

For the record, when Misbun was in charge, Chong Wei won the 2010 All-England title and the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games silver medal.

Three other players – Rashid Sidek, Mohd Hafiz Hashim and Mohd Roslin Hashim – also enjoyed high points in their careers when they were under Misbun’s guidance.

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

“At this moment, any coach can train Chong Wei. He has reached a level that he does not need much help from a coach."

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Exactly as I expected.

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I am a bit disappointed over his decision coz I thought he could help us to search for the next LCW...

Let's respect his decision and NOT to speak ills about his decision... BOLEH?

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Me too(& wish he would do), good thing we requested Cheung to wait before closing this thread ;);)

12. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Agree... we shall close this thread ASAP... BOLEH :)

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/lk2ne12/Article/

MISBUN Sidek has officially parted ways with the BA of Malaysia (BAM) after eight years as the national singles coach as he rejected a new offer from the association yesterday.
    Misbun sent a letter to BAM president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh on Wednesday informing him of his decision and it was unanimously accepted by the executive council (Exco) meeting yesterday.

BAM deputy president Tengku Kamil Ismail Tengku Idris Shah, who chaired the Exco meeting in the absence of Nadzmi, said although Misbun's decision was surprising, the Exco members respected Misbun's stand.

...Meanwhile, the recently retired Wong Mew Choo has accepted an offer to become the girls singles coach of the national junior squad and she will begin her duties on Monday.

The Exco also decided to postpone BAM's Annual General Meeting (AGM) on May 14 as the appointed auditing firm failed to audit the accounts.

However, an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) will be held on the same day to elect the second deputy president and also appoint a new auditing firm.

Maybank Group president and chief executive officer Datuk Seri Abdul Wahid Omar is expected to be elected unopposed.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Minister wants report on misbun's decision

KUALA LUMPUR, April 28 (Bernama) -- Youth and Sports minister Datuk Seri
    Ahmad Shabery Cheek wants a detailed report on former national coach Datuk
    Misbun Sidek''s refusal to accept an offer to train the back up players.
    "If Misbun chose not to accept the offer (to coach the back up squad), I
    need to know the details and need it soon," said Ahmad Shabery after witnessing
    the signing of a memorandum of understanding between Telekom Malaysia Berhad
    (TM) and the National Sports Council (NSC) and Olympic Council of Malaysia (OCM)
    for a "Team Malaysia" campaign.
    Through the memorandum, TM would have the rights to use the NSC and OCM
    logos in their products.
    Misbun was reported to have refused an offer by the Badminton Association of
    Malaysia (BAM) to coach the back up squad players.
    "I was made to understand that Misbun''s task will be to produce many more
    Lee Chong Wei''s for the future and I feel it is a fair request because Chong Wei
    can be regarded as an ''already graduated'' player but that doesn''t mean he cannot
    give ideas or advise to Chong Wei," he said.

Full report:
    http://my.news.yahoo.com/minister-wants-report-misbuns-decision-142131915.html

16. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Ha ha ha.... Somebody trying to pull a fast one on poor misbun :D

Expect him to sign that contract :confused: :D

When there is no changes in the ctc?

To misbun, it's back to square one,

To ctc definitely it can't be square one :D

Anyway, last hope is misbun doesn't give up coaching

And the story will be,

"it's time for misbun sidek to work for Malaysian badminton without bam"

Cheung, you cant close the thread now...

The unfinished business is officially unfinished ...:D

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Good bye Mr misbun sidek. I guess badminton is over for this guy now.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Not necessarily. There's a whole world out there! :D

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

This is exciting. BAM CTC s now got to write a REPORT on why Misbun resign and SOON! Getting a taste of their own medicine...must be bitter.

Clearly CTC don t understand they gotta give Misbun exactly what he wants for him to return to coach. But do they know what he wants? Let me help. One of the conditions must be the freedom to decide who and how he wants to coach and not have to report to CTC. Either scrap the obnoxious CTC or
    some CTC members go or he goes. Who is more indispensable? Misbun of course.

Any coach will do for LCW? Wait three months later and see. Definitely there s a lot more Misbun can teach LCW that Misbun critics cannot imagine. TSB is better for tournaments in supporting LCW but Misbun s a must in taking LCW to the next level in skills before the rust sets in. Well, at least Misbun is essential to LCW part time anyway.

Close this thread? Why?

20. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, I agree.....badminton market is huge.....no worry !! I am sure other country has contacted him, I guess !!

But this is really a great lost for MAS badminton and also maybe to LCW !

#820 jasonmarc, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011