Panda Power: A Racket That Can Take 40lbs. String Tension!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DinkAlot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ...soon to be "venerable Armortec" :(

2. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    Before I was using a Apacs Amp95 ( which was recommandedby panda too)
    After 3 years of abuse , 2 out of 3 broke ....

Specs of the U pro , if I am not wrong is - 84+/- grams and 297mm 296mm
    I bought 2 btw .....

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Dude... where's my weekend?

Oh, there it is...

Shipping starts next week - I'll be after you for your shipping address if I don't have it already. In the meantime, just sit back and wait for the postman's knock:).

M.

P.S. Tried my 272 on Friday with a view to testing stability, and seeing if I could tell the difference between it and the 269. The frame just wouldn't torque, no matter how wildly I lashed at the shuttles (and no, I couldn't tell the difference; I was continually switching them all evening and they played identically. Seems that my OCD needs more than a mere three milimetres for this racket...)

Attached Files:

• bats.JPG
      bats.JPG
      File size:
      77.4 KB
      Views:
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Awesome. I can spot mine - can't wait to get them! =) Good job stringing all those, btw. I would probably go insane if I had to do that in 2 days - and my fingers would be bloody

5. pussiii999

pussiii999 Regular Member

chef
    2nd Review of Ultra Pro

84 grams / 296mm BP
    Zymax 67 - 28lbs

After a few session of games i am finally able to give a through review of this racket as the first review was just a first impression .....

POWER= smashes
    I am able to whip a lot of power with this racket as i am able to feel the head heaviness of it . The head heavy of the racket gives me a feel of stablity during my smashing swing that gives me a good contact with the shuttle ....
    Stiffness is too my liking too as it is stiff . I feel that this add to how i am able to produce power druing the swing too ....

Drop Shots
    The stability also allow me to drop better too . The + point for me with this racket is that at times when i am tired and i am still able to drop with tired swing as the head heavy plus the stability of the racket allow me to swing with ease ....

Net Shot
    Net shot is still as good as before (i am not say i have very good net shot). What i really meant is that my net play never went down , still able to do what i do ....

Punch Shot / Push shot
    I felt that there is an improvement with punch shots as i am more consistan with it . I am able to push it to where i want more regularly maybe due to the fact like what i say this racket give me a more stable feel .

Defend
    Business as usual with defending but i will like to say this may not be my strong point . Lifting back a smash seems easy than before .

Summary
    This racket gives me a very good feeling as i am able to up my perfomance with it . I used to think that it is always the player that is the problem but now i realise it take both as with this racket i was able to up my performance ....
    Some may not suit this racket as i have a friend that is a very good player but he does not llike it .... Racket to a player is just like food , i may like it but some may feel that it lack something ....
    Lastly i have a thought about this racket but it is purely my impression and may not be true . I feel that this racket fit big player as we have big mass and power is not a problem . The head heavy give us a feel of stability and feel for our big arms ....... Just a thought .....

I hope this review help u in one way or another .....

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    is that the one in the middle with red string is mine? :p
    it is more like, I'm waiting for postman's red card (you are going to use Royal Mail right?)

maybe 3 mm has no impact because it is too head light?

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I have no fingerprints left - BG80 and the new salmon Z67 show no mercy...

Play-wise I just cannot fault the thing, but stringing could be improved slightly:

1. NEEDS NSP!!! (sorry, Dink - had to be said;), and I know it's never gonna happen);
    2. The big "trombone" grommets are fantastic except at the knotting holes - I replaced T7/8 and H6 on my rackets with non-flared standard grommets before stringing, as Z62 would dive into those black holes in a flash:D.

This could all be overreaction, though - having done thirteen of them on the bounce is probably clouding my objectivity!

8. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    The black strings look nice. The blue/red ones, not so much...
    Anyway, 13 down, must just be my 4 to go ;)

And yeah, I think it's ridiculous when people make a fuss about such tiny differences in weight / BP - I'm sure it's all in their head.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Oh yeah, they do :) Too bad I haven't any left myself, so I hope they don't break anytime soon...
    3mm BP difference will probably not be noticeable, but 5mm+ is definitely different. Even 4mm can be felt (although in my case, it doesn't have a big impact on my game, it's just a slight difference in feel). LD is probably one of the most sensitive ppl in the world when it comes to weight&balance - did you see him when he changes his racket? When he played at the GO, he took nearly 3 minutes to change his racket...

10. Xhan_

Xhan_ Regular Member

Is there a website where I can buy the rackets directly? Or I have to contact one of the people? I'm interested in buying the "Ultra" one since it's almost like the Arc Saber 10. (I think)

11. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    is it daly city is in California?
    drop Dinkalot a message and maybe you can meet him in person and try the racket

I think ultra is pretty different compared to arcsaber 10 though

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Contact one of them, the website has no feature for direct orders. Also, you might want to discuss the racket choice with Dinkalot (Dan Chien) - he has played most available rackets and will probably be able to tell you which PP racket performs closest to the Arc10

13. Xhan_

Xhan_ Regular Member

@Avenger Yes, it is near San Francisco. Really? Well, I looked at the specs, and it has the same weight as Arc Saber 10. I guess I gotta read more reviews. I just need a backup racket just in case my Arc Saber 10's string breaks. Oh and I'll contact him. Thank you very much!

14. Xhan_

Xhan_ Regular Member

Okay, will do. Thanks a lot :)

15. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Ultra pro is stiffer and more head heavy than arcsaber 10
    I think Trinity closer to arcsaber 10
    you should contact him, it is the best way since Dink tried many rackets including arcsaber 10

16. Xhan_

Xhan_ Regular Member

I see. Does Dink live around the Bay Area? And I already contacted him. Just patiently waiting for a response. Thanks though :)

17. what07

what07 Regular Member

It's alot better then the Arc10 =)

But yes contact the distrubitors which are closest to you.

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Xhan - I assume you mean Ultra Pro?

You can't buy a new Ultra anymore.

19. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    Dink is located in LA area, near SGVBC and Disneyland I believe. I also recommend the TPro a an Arc10 replacement.

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The great Panda TPro diaspora has begun:D. Any and all recipients are welcome to opine on my stringing, and overall service.

All rackets should be on their way to their new homes by Wednesday afternoon.