serial archive

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    yea i also wonder what IP stands for. i got my mp 100 from indonesia and it has IP as the code. im guessing that the "P" might stands for Pacific, but i totally have no clue of what the "I" stands for.:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Recently there are a lot of codes end with "P", such as "UP", "AP", "IP", etc. In my old thread of "UP" code, ppl provided confirmed information of "being a mistake", but I also wonder whether if Yonex starts to introduce new standard to make up the codes.

2. Not just similar #, u can get exactly same numbers, if you purchase the same of a kind in 1 shot (as the serial # is more like the manufactured date). For me, I purchased 2 Cab30ms together, and they have the same serial # on the cone. ;)

3. kar hwooi

kar hwooi Regular Member

ENGINEER
    dear ,,,as i had seen all of you wondering series no

anyway ,, as i would like to share some true information to you ,,

ALL YONEX racket are made in CHINA ,i mean factorey in china ,taiwan ,where the labour cost are very low ,,like 0.50 pounds per hours ,,

the fact is ,, these factorey are not suppose to sell the racket by their own or distributed to someone else where they had did ,,they have to return their product to YONEX ,,and then YONEX will distributed to all over the place by placing CH ,SP ,UK and so on ,,,

FAKE racket cannot be justifly by SERIES no WHY because some people can take out or extra make yonex racket in factorey and sell it in china ,,but it is definetly from the YONEX pointed factorey,, fake racket only justifly by how the quality the racket are and look ,,,

i do agree with somepoint that YONEX placing series no to track their record ,
    but bear in mind ,,what country is the biggest produce of all name producct ,,,NIKE ,ADDIDAS ,...brand name from US ,, but product make in china ,,

for a example , like a pointed yonex focotey in china are contract to be make 20 thousand yonex armotec 700 racket to yonex before it realese to the market ,but these factorey people make extra 5 thousand racket and sell by their own ,and place invalid series no as they DONT know how the series no flow ,,,that Y all of you so call fake racket are fast in market

imagine who has the ability and technology to make so call FAKE racket in market just right after it realise to market ,, only people who know how to make them produce them ,,,,

I knew ,and i know ,,becasue i been to these factorey .and know closey with the people ,

anyway ,, i am here just to point out ,do u think yonex hearquater dont know about this ,, they cant control mainly because labour in china is far too cheap ,,and the only place for them to maximize their profit is lower the cost ,,

sometime is hard for me to explained to all of you ,, but if u see the world between bussinese in china i mean yonex factorey ,, u will see ,,

the next time compared the so call FAKE RACKET ,, by the quality ,, the different between them ,,NOT by series no ,,this might be a big mistake ,,

tonight i will post some picutere as my picture is not with me now ,,

4. badmint0nplaya

badmint0nplaya Regular Member

keeping thread going

MP99 4762785 090242GR Late june/04

5. Grufey

Grufey Regular Member

Student
    AT800OF 3ug5 June 18th, 2004
    4874592 160442TW

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I've heard similar stories such as "OEM" version of yonex racket. However, I tend to "not believe it".

If as u claimed, that the OEM factories just make more rackets than it suppose to (say, 3000 instead of 2000 on contract), why the quality (at least, most of the cases) are way below the real yonex racket? I've seen fakes not being able to hold 22 lb, oval shape Ti-10, shorter shaft MP77, almost like hand-made MP99, etc.

So, my question is, if what ur claim is true, why the quality has so much in difference? Either they on purposly lower the quality (to save cost), or the "extra" ones are the ones can't past QA. Therefore, either way, I won't consider them as Yonex authorized rackets, just because they "might" be made by the same manufacture (i.e. DELL made $400 cheap home system as well as $5000 top of the line notebook. Will u consider they are the same quality???)

7. vmtien

vmtien Regular Member

AT700 3UG5 Late June/04
    4356270 290430JP

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    My 3rd Cab30MS, (July 2004)

4860818 090442US

9. prophet

prophet Regular Member

teacher
    Fake racquets from China factory

Don't want to get to much off topic, but wanted to expound on what LazyBuddy wrote about China factories (having worked in HK and China and for a company that manufacturers labels in China).

Usually a factory will have OEM first quality products and some products that are secondary quality - these are sometimes called seconds, or grey goods. A factory worker in China can "steal" or someone take off premises some first quality product - lets say its a Yonex racquet. This might or might not have the serial number (it obvious depends on when the number is engraved versus when the worker takes the racquet). Some in effect this is an OEM racquet, albeit without a engraved number. But since this is a stealing, the probability of getting away with many racquets is low.

The factory will also have products (i.e. racquets) that don't meet the quality standards necessary to sell them. These are the seconds, and the the factory is supposed to destroy these goods. Obviously some factories sell these seconds to others (illegally) and claim that they were destroyed to the product owner (i.e. Yonex). These are second quality goods and obviously are defective in some way or another. By all accounts it might feel or look the same or similar, but there is obviously something defective to fail the quality standard.

The third possibility is that the factory produces racquets after their production of Yonex production is completed (for the day/month etc). These might or might not be or similar quality to Yonex products depending on how they get their raw materials. They might relabel these racquets with a new name or try to pass them off as 'yonex'. It is not illegal to sell these under their own name (unless they are stealing some sort of preprietary innovation).

The last possiblity is a factory which produces only fakes, using whether method or technology they chose.

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    So, I guess my guess was not too much away from the mark, then.

For #1, the quality might be good, but the chance is fairly small. For #2, obviously, the quality is bad, as they are proven "failures". For #3, even the raw material might be the same, I am pretty sure the quality should be lowered to increase teh production, which means bad. For #4, no need to say, cheap quality to cut down cost.

Overall, most of the cases, fake rackets are low in quality. The worst case is buying a fake with the price of real. Even saving $$$, a low quality racket still could be nightmare for players, as there's no "standard" to follow for such product.

11. Hail2Fire

Hail2Fire Regular Member

Armortec 700 SP
    (July, 15,04)
    4648615, 201136H

12. Project84

Project84 Regular Member

Hey guys can you clarify some stuff for me
    for the two serial numbers
    what do they mean?
    i have 7081695 020243cd iso 75 mf light and 4633013 111132th mp99

13. patfam

patfam Regular Member

Cab 20 tour special

On the shaft 3943744 and on the handle cap 290722SP.

Ya man... why 2 serial numbers???

14. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Basically, the first set is the serial numbers and the second set is the date. Two letters means the distribution countries.

You guys can flip back some pages and we have explainations there.

15. trojan7

trojan7 Regular Member

Carbonex 21 SP, 3767594, 080423SP. Please check this serial numbers for me. Thanks!

16. mxmcat

mxmcat Regular Member

actually no
    I have got a MP33 3UG4 bought this month but with serial number : 4485156 080832FR

17. ginny

ginny Regular Member

Student
    Cab30MS 4726773 190142SP, early July 2004

18. Henrik

Henrik New Member

Bought my MP-99 about a week ago from Osterrich

the serial is 4626441 061132GR

19. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    Yonex Armortec 500 4U G4