Anyone Going to Olympics 2004?

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by sunny, May 17, 2004.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    www.xe.com

£203= 301EUR

2. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Go to www.expedia.co.uk and you can search for both accomdation and flights. :)

You live in france...coool :) You can take ferry from calais to dover and you can fly from london if you want too :)

3. ShaSha

ShaSha Regular Member

I think my friend From China will go to Athen to watch.:) :)

4. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    athens accomodation

If a number of people don't mind staying together, they can arrange a cheap accomodation for a group.

I.e. getting an appartement and sharing the costs with 8 peopel is cheaper.. everything will be very expensive during the Olympics (if not booked full).

By the way, are there any people from Greece here on the forum or anyone familiar with Athens or cheap places to stay in Athens?

5. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Hello Everyone,

The flight tickets and finals badminton tickets are not that expensive. The only problem is accommodation! I searched web for accommodation and for 5 days it costs around £1850. That is too expensive.

Anyone else going to athens? Anyone have any ideas or tips for accommodation in athens, greece.

6. Jonno

Jonno Regular Member

I think you might be better off taking a tent and camping somewhere, the place is near enough fully booked, and what's left is expensive like you say. I'm going from 15th-20th August, watching 4 sessions of badminton and one of tennis, but although the flights and tickets are reasonable, its the accommodation that hits hard. :mad:

7. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Have you sorted your accommodation jonno? Are you planning to stay in a tent or have you got a hotel room? I'm still hunting for accommodation or a group of ppl I can share accommodation with.

8. Jonno

Jonno Regular Member

Accommodation's sorted thanks, we have a hotel in the centre of Athens for five nights at sky-high prices. Still I'm sure it'll be worth it, these sort of events don't come around very often. We found the hotel through expedia.co.uk.

I'm afraid that is the sort of price you'll have to pay. :( I'll send you a PM with a bit more info.

9. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    Anyone

Is anyone also going to the session that includes the men singles final OR to the session that includes the men doubles final?

Hey Kwun do you send out free BF t-shirts to the olympic visitors , to promote BF in Athens? ;)

10. J@n!cE

J@n!cE Regular Member

Hehe... I'm not going Athens... But I'm planning to go for the next Thomas Cup which going to held in Tokyo, Japan... Anyone going?? :confused: Maybe can join together... Hehehe... :p

11. gliby

gliby Regular Member

I am going to Athens and would love to meet you people. Got the tickets for most of the QF, SF, and finals.

12. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    Have you got the accommodation gliby? where did you find it? I had everything except accommodation so I had to give up going to athens :(

I would still love to go but accommodation is something I'm really looking for.

13. gliby

gliby Regular Member

I have a friend in Greece who invited me to visit him. However, I had a big problems getting an airplain tickets. In the end, I managed to get the tickets. Have you tried to look outside of the Athens?

14. sunny

sunny New Member

Senior Sys Developer
    I tried but couldn't find anything. I don't know anyone in greece so the only way for me to find an accommodation is through the internet but couldn't find any or the hotels I found were very expensive.

Its a shame I didn't plan it properly otherwise I would have been to olympics :(

15. Jonno

Jonno Regular Member

Don't give up sunny. You can get accommodation outside athens, at a cheaper price, and travel in each day. You won't mind early starts and lots of travelling if it means you watch the olympics!