Victor rackets galore

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Feb 14, 2011.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Finaly, the racket that takes Kwun away from his Arc10.:) (I had a strong feeling this would happen:p)

When will we get your comprehensive review and pictures ? (that will put my solitary pic to shame :D)

You will enjoy using it, it's a great racket (better for me than BS10):)

Defense is still good, obviously it isn't as great as a Nanospeed for example, but you have to comprimise. If you want a more defensive racket, then generally you will have to sacrifice power, and vice versa.

It's defense is "good enough" for the benefits that the racket gives you.:)

2. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Would buying the 4u version sw35 makes sense since it would help with defense probably?

3. Vertix

Vertix Regular Member

Student
    Imho, getting a 4u might compromise on it's power though it might help a little in defense. It's like a two way thing but the power and solid feel is what this racket is about and I think a 3u will give us a better full experience on this two aspect. The 4u might put you in the 'middle of nowhere'. I just spend 3 hours with my new 3u sw35, defense wise is still generally good, probably a 8/10. Cheers

4. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Thanks. Taking the yy ns9900 as a reference, will the 3u sw35 be way too head heavy getting used to? Am I also correct to say that armortec 900p for example is still quite a fair bit head heavier than sw35?

5. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

NS9900 would still be the better defensive racquet and packs lots of power too but not in the AT900 P league in terms of power, certainly not in SiW35's punching power! I'd like to think AT900 P as kind of compromise between NS9900 and SiW35 (but in terms of the real touchy-feely stuff compared to NS9900 and SiW35, it's a whole different kind of beast.).

SiW35 has a bp variance...what you must do is try and select from the store's cache of racquets. Probably ask to let 3-4 racquets to be measured for their balance points, chances are they'll vary but no more than 10 mm from each I suppose...select the best unstrung bp for yourself and calculate how it shall be balanced when factoring in the kind of string you'll be stringing and overgrips you'll be lapping on top of stock grip (or you might peel off the stock grip totally and replace your own preferred grip, keep this in mind.).

#85 RSLvictorSOTX, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

I played the SW35, SOTX 11A, TC700 extensively these past 2 weeks....
    SW outplayed both others by far.... maybe the other two are too demanding on my elbow with my gold elbow injury.

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Yah I feel the best for me is to take off the stock grip on the g5 and put a thin overgrip on... real good touch and feeling

8. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Is the sw35 a demanding racket on the elbows? The only thing I am ok with now is the NS9900. Will the sw35 be much more demanding on the arms?

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

For me it's much easier on the elbows than my TC700 or Woven 11....
    the Woven 11... particularly is very painful....

My SW35 is a 3Ug5

10. RSLvictorSOTX

SiW35 won't be that demanding on your arms since I would figure you needed to generate even more power (with NS9900) to have the same punch (as with SiW35) YET you are okay with the NS9900.

11. RSLvictorSOTX

Probably the only qualms I had with Victor is the stock grip:(.

Btw, you ever played an ArcZS to have your own comparison with mean green TC700? Any thoughts you'd like to share? Tks.

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Yah I played a few times with my friends Arc Z....
    I feel it is a lot easier to generate power due to the more flexible shaft which gives a very whiplash feel.... whilst the TC700 is extremely stiiff, very hard to time and actually whip the racket in time for the shuttle.
    Overall it is far more demanding.... I have all 3 rackets strung at 28lbs....
    Maybe with the optimetric head shape it needs to be strung a bit lower for the TC700

13. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Thanks guys. I guess the sw35 is one racket I have to try. Seems like nobody ever give it a bad review before. Not sure if I am upgrading or downgrading moving from a ns9900 to sw35.

14. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    I`ve tried SW36 yesterday, agree that it doesnt feel very solid. but it`s still a good racket nonetheless...
    Will try to get my hand on SW35 as well.

i got one question, how does SW35 perform in comparison with YY AT900P?
    which one is easier to generate more power with? with one is more head heavier and stiffer?

15. RSLvictorSOTX

AT900P is head heavier therefore easier to generate power while SiW35 is stiffer. However, SiW35 is more powerful if you can bring in your own muscles, know what it means.

16. RSLvictorSOTX

Off-topic, probably it is because TC700 has already coined ''optimetric'' hence Arc ZS just came with their own head shape minus the fancy name. But yes, as I've mentioned before, if it's down to which can throw down the heaviest hammer, it is without doubt the ArcZS. Admittedly though, winning is not governed only by how hard one can throw down the hammer. Btw, on almost all regular basis, I string my racquets at 28/30.

17. RSLvictorSOTX

ieim_17,

Whether going for the NS9900, AT900P or SiW35 frankly speaking is neither an upgrade nor a downgrade. One merely has to make do with the trade-offs and that is a lesser issue for the player (with their own particular style of play).

#97 RSLvictorSOTX, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So Kwun, any update regarding the SW35 ? Will this be your new main racket ?:)

I am hoping to pick up some MX80's soon (notice how I said some:p) I was going to wait till April, but I don't think I can :p

19. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student
    when did i say one should be an upgrade or downgrade from one another?:confused:

is asking differences between AT900P and SW35 make me a "everyone said this racket good, it must be good for me too" kind of player?:confused:

on the other hand, I`ve tried again SW36, even though some people write it off, I`m getting to love it. I think it plays very close to ARC10 but cheaper.

#99 ieim_17, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  20. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I understand what you're trying to say but in all honesty, if you feel its good, its good. It doesn't really matter what others say right? I on the other hand just love my SW35s but only if the specs matched a bit better. I'll have to go and buy another one with the right specs first because its one of the best rackets I've ever played with.