Question BG65ti and BG80 need opinions

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by markgab, Jan 31, 2011.

1. markgab

markgab Regular Member

Hi all

I've got a question regarding bg65ti and bg80.
    After reading up on several posts, it seems bg80 is the favorite among many players.
    I've used bg80 for 2years now, but it seems I break the strings every 2-3 weeks:crying:, i play about 3 sessions a week.
    (Question) Is bg80's durability that low? Strings are being strung at 26lbs 4knots.

Now bg65ti, not many positive reviews about the stings, but some say its for hard hitting players.
    I've switched to bg65ti now and find it lasts longer.
    (Question) Anyone experiencing the same outcome?

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Strictly looking at the strings, BG65-ti should last longer since they're thicker (.70mm) than BG80 (.68mm). However, the stringer and you, as a player contribute to the equation as well. If you mishit quite a bit, it could shorten the lifespan of your strings. I use BG80 in the realm of 26~28lbs and they tend to last longer than a month for me. Or maybe you just hit a lot harder than I do :p

3. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

It really depends on what your looking for, it's simply a cost balance.
    power/performance vs durability/costs

BG80's are a great string & will perform better than BG65ti. However if you can't absorb the cost of restringing every 2-3 weeks then try out BG65ti.
    If you don't like it then do what a lot of us have done and buy a stringing machine & a 200m reel. It'll pay itself back pretty quickly.