Please help me choose a racket :)

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelvinyap9, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Riskers

Riskers Regular Member

student
    ti-10 around 450-550 in pertama.... but since ur budget cnnt afford it its k.... hw bout u give a try on victor... they make wonderfull racquets..i currently use sw33 power and sw 35.. as i see u r a controlled player hw bout checking on sw33 control...go for bg-66 tension around 25,,... u cn check them on victor website... i tink te sw 33 control is less than 300... max tension 28.. o try apacs lethal series..

2. kelvinyap9

kelvinyap9 Regular Member

-

#22 kelvinyap9, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  3. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    Kelvinyap9,
    Pertama = Near SOGO shopping complex.

4. aCROX999

aCROX999 Regular Member

I've tried my friend's APACS NANO-888 strung at 28lbs. It felt good, it's even balanced and the weight is not too heavy and not too light. Though I haven't tried Victor racquets but from what I read in the forums, many people said it's good.

For the strings, normal BG-66 is already good.

5. Riskers

Riskers Regular Member

student
    The differences between those bg-66 as for me are not 2 major they all feel relatively same 2 me....if u want to choose according 2 ur favorite player then NOrmal BG-66 used by lee chong wei whereas BG-66 ultimax used by taufik hidayat tat all i noe....

6. Riskers

Riskers Regular Member

student
    a Normal BG-66 would cost u around Rm 30 or 31 whereas the Bg-66 Ultimax is around Rm 37 or 40 [4get te price long tyme since have used Ultimax]

7. kelvinyap9

-

#27 kelvinyap9, Jan 31, 2011
  8. kakibola

kakibola Regular Member

You'll not go wrong, believe me!

You've to ask a person using the same racquet as you, than only they can give you the right assessment.

I've been playing with Yonex Muscle Power for years before it broke a few weeks ago. It was MP 19.

MP is an even balance racquet. And I would advice you to get one with the same balance.

I just bought a new racquet today, my 3rd in 3 weeks!

It is Yonex ArcSaber008, an even balance racquet as well, BG66 string, 24lbs. You definitely can get everything with RM250.

I've to tell you it's worth every cents I paid for the racquet. It takes only a few minutes to get used to it if you play MP before.

Best of all, you'll fall in love with the racquet. Like you, I am good at defence, and I do smash when needed.

The Yonex ArcSaber008 offer you ACCURACY that is lack in MP. It is "bloody" accurate I've to tell you. When I go for the sideline smash, it is so accurate beyond my believe. Normally when I used MP, it'll go out or slightly wayward than the intended target.

Best of all, when I in defence, I can return the smash and pinpoint how far it should go accurately. With MP, it failed me frequently.

With Yonex ArcSaber008, I am in total control with amazing accuracy. My game suddenly improve at least 25% if not more due to the accuracy.

Kevin, you can drop the ball till the opponent left breathless with this racquet. Once again, my drop is so accurate that my opponents failed to retrieve the ball. Previously, MP lack the consistency when it comes to drop.

I've wasted a few hundreds ringgit in 3 other racquets before I get the right one to replace my MP. How I wish someone telling me so.

Once you go for Yonex ArcSaber008, you never want to go back to MP.

To me, Yonex ArcSaber008 is the big brother of MP.

9. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

The SW33C is a fantastic racket. I loved its balance and the way it swings. It is also a super tough racket. The only drawback is it has to be strung to a higher tension which is weird (to me) for a racket that is mid-flex. My usual tension was 26lbs back then but with the SW33C, it came alive for me at 29lbs. Now, this is not a recommendation that you go with a high tension but rather a caution that you need to experiment a bit with the tension to know what's suitable.

If you can afford the time in Malaysia, pick up a few games with your new racket and get it set correctly for you using the cheapest string available. Then switch to the BG66UM. That string feels better than the BG66 and pays for the price difference by lasting longer.

10. kelvinyap9

-

#30 kelvinyap9, Jan 31, 2011
  11. kelvinyap9

-

#31 kelvinyap9, Jan 31, 2011
  12. kakibola

kakibola Regular Member

My Yonex Muscle Power is also a medium shaft racket, but I don't find any problem when using the so called stiff shaft ArcSaber 008

Someone in the forum even mistakenly mentioned it as medium stiff

13. kelvinyap9

-

#33 kelvinyap9, Feb 1, 2011
  14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Well, the repulsion of the 66UM is better than the 66 and it lasts much longer. So RM7 is definitely worth it.

The "cheap string" suggestion is to help you derive your tension. It's best to use the same string that you will finally use but anything close will be good enough. I'll look at BG6 if I eventually want a thin gauge string -- those are 2/3 the price of BG66 (1/2 the price of BG66UM).

Strings/tension/stringers has a bigger impact on your play than the racket.

15. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Wanna buy my muscle power 45 ? Almost mint condition. Bought a voltric one week after i bought that and never touched ever since.

16. kelvinyap9

-

#36 kelvinyap9, Feb 3, 2011