2011 Malaysia Open SS: Day 5 Semi-Finals (Saturday 22-Jan)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Jan 21, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 Malaysia Open SS: Day 5 Semi-Finals (Saturday 22-Jan)

What a shame - There won't be a Lee Chong Wei-vs-Lin Dan match today.

Lin Dan has given a walkover to Chen Long. :(:(:(

The Mens Singles Semi-Finals will be;
    * Lee Chong Wei-vs-Chen Long, and
    * Taufik Hidayat-vs-Simon Santoso

#1 chris-ccc, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

A possible Lee Chong Wei vs Taufik for the final! This seems common lately :rolleyes: Ever since Taufik got back on track in 2010...

Alternatively, Chen Long could produce a huge upset with his one day of rest... and Simon could pull the rug off his senior. All 4 players have rougly equal chance to win, with LCW and TH being a little ahead of their opponents of tomorrow... I think.

3. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Hope the final will be either Simon vs Chong Wei or Simon vs Chen Long. :)

4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Lets see whether TH is as generous as LD or no... giving a walkover or free pass to team mates ;)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 Malaysia Open SS: Hoping for a Lee Chong Wei-vs-Taufik Hidayat match

I believe the Mens Singles Final would be a Lee Chong Wei-vs-Taufik Hidayat match.

6. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

CL's one more day of rest should not give him much advantage, as LCW's matches are quite easy so far. Don't think CL has much chance. LCW is simply too fast for him.

On the other hand, of course, if LD didn't give CL a walkover, CL would have no chance at all...

7. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

THis is LYB tactic to match up CL vs LCW. Cause beside LD. no one in China squad had winning head to head against LCW. BCL, CJ and CL had wins over LCWbut most of the time they lost against him. (except for LD of course)

Winning or losing, CL should use this opportunity. Cause if he can win over LCW, his chance to play Olympics 2012 raise 100%. LD already secured one spot. The other one (or two) will be hard fought battle between CJ, CL and BCL.

8. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure at all.
    H2H
    LCW vs CL 1-1
    SS vs TH 3-4

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Unlikely... there's no one manipulating Taufik from behind the scenes. :D
    But it all depends on how he feels tomorrow. Besides, Simon is really on fire in this tournament, so far!
    Hopefully 2 good matches to watch...

10. annewon

annewon Regular Member

Anybody knows tomorrow's matches schedule??
    The tournamentsoftware seems has not been updated yet at the moment....

11. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    be patient. tomorrow the line up will be there.

12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

NO surprise from MS, WD, WS and even XD departments. I am a bit puzzle why LYB change the WD pairs. BUt changing the pair or not, all of them still reach SF and win over all other (not from China) pairs.

The most interesting is the MD pairs in SF.

Without top 4 pairs participating here, (China, Denmark, Korea and Indonesia didnot send their best pair), my earlier prediction is TBH/KKK will win the title here. But they lost in first round.

THis is the best chance for Kawamae/Sato, Rasmussen/Petersen, Septano/Ahsan and CB/GZD to win the SS tiltes here. Cause it hard to imagine if the top 4 compete, they can win the title.

So who will win the MD? I had to say between the Danes and the Chinese. THis is also a nice comeback for Ina pair who literally had very mediocre results last year.

13. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Does anyone know why does Robert Blair representing Scotland now and not England?

14. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Think there was a problem with the England coaches not giving him enough credit simply based on personal differences. A bit sad if true, but at least he's showing them what a good player he is by reaching the semis.

15. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
    Indonesia doesn't do that kinda thing, only China under LYB does "walk out" numerous times. LYB kills the beauty of badminton competition with whatever reasons he has...*sigh*

16. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    i hope Simon Santoso can beat that TH

17. Swee Lee

Swee Lee New Member

Accountant
    Damn S-H-I-T!!! Wanted to buy the ticket for the game between LCW and LD. KNS!! I went a couple of previous Super Series and most of time LD either FFK the game or a no-show. Sigh.....

I even spoke to LCW during New Year Eve party at the Zook (nice guy, he came over to my table next to his table to cheers during the countdown) that if gets to play with LD in this MO, I will go watch the game live at stadium.

Nevermind, at least more money for LCW to earn if he gets the title. He deserve it. Not like LD, he gets more $$$ even he does not win majority of Super Series. Why?? Because whole of China will most likely buy the shity Li Ning racquets to channel him the doh! Well some of you might say that LCW also got sponsorships but he does the work to earn it and some of the winnings still need to give back to BAM. I am going to buy more original Yonex racquets and drink more 100 Plus.

LD might have some good looks and nice body but that does mean he can do all this stuff to ruin the sportsmanship of the game. Worse is the sponsorship don't care about it. There are no code of ethics these days in company. The organizer of the Super Series also might not be able to do anything on the walkover because of economic of scale of China team. Chicken S-H-I-T!!

Well if people don't care then I also don't care already. I am going to cheat, play dirty, earn more money, strategies the collapse of companies and many more!! This is how to be fair.

Swee

18. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I do not think It is LD..I think LD still loves playing...may be LYB did ask him to rest for bigger purse in KO....

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    When we opine or pass judgement on events that occured, we need backup, not 'maybe' or 'I think' as we are all guessing, and with personal sentiment/partisan, and resentment towards one player, our thoughts are one sided, bias. Previously, CHN WO has no backup to support that and on top of that, LYB proudly admitted that himself. If LD is 'told' to aim for KO with its US$1.2M purse, why play till QF? MO11 is not even on OLY12 points, why even come to KL?