LCW Is Fury Now

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by danielwong, Dec 20, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yew hong kheng,twice ajc md runner up and 2010 wjc md winner is also a former ms player

btw,tan chun seang started his college life now
    wonder we will see another drama in bam ms department next year

2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

So you are saying they are more talented than junior players from other countries? Honestly I don't think there is much difference... Players like HH or TH excelled at the senior level with "some talent and decent effort".

I think the problem here is not that those "back-up" players are not as good as LCW... It is clear that they are not as talented as LCW or HH, so it should be expected that they cannot reach as high.

The real question is, why cannot they reach the level of not-so-talented players as, say, OEH, or more importantly, why do they even lose the desire to do so? There can be many reasons.

For example, is it because LCW is too good? Thinking about it, I realize that LYB often say things like "CJ and CL are at the same level as LD" (and got laughed at by fans), but I have never heard any MAS coach say similar things to encourage their players. If the teacher put all praises to the best student and ignore others, it is almost certain other students will stop working.

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    maybe it has something to do with mas population of players starting from the grassroots.

there ain't many and selections for bjss/bam training was based on tournament results and not to mention other things..

if there were no priority given to talent over physically fitter players then whoever took over them has to produce some magic..:D

and if such magic can produce results, we won't be here discussing ..lol

#63 pBmMalaysia, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

If according to LCW young players dont understand their sport well enough

to know why they won and why they lost they must really be lost.

LCW and WCH always had the initiative and motivation to look for answers to puzzles

for self-improvement.

I personally know 1 or 2 of the doubles players, and they are always talking shop and how they

can uplift their game and move up,it is surprisingly different.

#64 Bbn, Dec 22, 2010
  5. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I think jug8man, ye333 and Fidget have done a very good job in underlying the problem of MAS MS backups. I applaud them for constructing some very sound and logical arguments in addressing the problems unlike some posters who just throw in the mocks for the sake of mocking. Basically I don't think the backups are lazy. However, like jug8man highlighted, they are probably not as hungry as the other youngsters from the other countries(i.e they tried to have a life outside of badminton while the others don't have a choice).

I was told that getting into colleges and graduating from them are not that difficult at all in Malaysia as they have tons of public and private institutes around the country. This explain why the youngsters thought that they could take things easy and always have something to fall back to. In China, those who don't make the cut have to end up as pizza delivery boys/girls. CBA might have produced 5 out of 10 top players in the world but they might have also make another group of people redundant simultaneously, which are 100 times of the size of what they produced in the badminton world.

And no, I don't think LYB was joking when he said that CJ and CL are close to LD standard. They all could play the game at very high tempo and have excellent techniques. The only subtle differences among them are shot selections, mental strength and choice to construct rallies in a game(tactics), which are the fields where Lin Dan excels in. If the young players wish to be a world beater, working on fitness and techniques alone are not enough. They must also be able to analyze their game(which LCW has highlighted in the press) and improve on their tactics and constantly find ways to up their games. Sound easy on paper, but is actually the toughest part to work on(compared to fitness and tehcniques) in the reality especially you have to maintain the high motivation all the time.

#65 lcleing, Dec 22, 2010
  6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The young ones or senior ones ? You know lah, the youngsters stimes feel awkward to hang around us 'older' fans :p:p
    But yeah, I have heard the Msia young doubles players, explaining to parents & relatives, the specifics of the game, while their team mates are on court. Rojak language aside, I'll say they can commentate better than Hasbullah Awang, lol.

7. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Hasbullah Awang rocks! So excitable! :p

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Ney... he sucks. I rather switch of the volume. What he is commenting, we can see on the screen.
    Our Bcers members can do better. One fine example is abedeng.

#68 nokh88, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  9. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Itu satu smash yang cantik, tetapi keluar...(good smash , but out)
    GOA Ling, BOA Chun Lai

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LOL..Maybe he was refering to the execution of the smash which was very beautiful (cantik) but he doesn't know that it's useless if the shuttle lands outside of the playing area. For all you know, he may still thinks he is right because the opponent were not able to retrive the shot. LOL:D

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, based on adebeng write up during live commentary i think he speaks even better :D

#71 pBmMalaysia, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  12. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    dw since you mention it .. you miss Jae Jung sung & Chai Bao Oh as well haha ~~

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good for BAM to find some professional motivational consultant to guide them. Like climbing some mountains expedition to show them how hard it is and make them appreciate how it is easier to play badminton. Or bring them to army camp for some torturing? No pain, no gain. Need to teach them a lesson. (Motivational) ;)

Or put them in an island just like those survivors with out much food. This will psyc them up when they return. ;) Too much of a good life in city. Must put BAM in some isolated island to make them appreciate life in the city. If they don't perform, they don't get the chance to enjoy the good life. ;) Any better suggestions?

#73 extremenanopowe, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  14. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    Amazing Race seems nice now that's gonna tests their nerves & how to act & what to do when facing tough times ~~

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    thats a good idea but make sure the trainees are looking forward for such challenges

and understand the concept of it.

no commmunications breaks down of course:D

16. extremenanopowe

Or maybe perhaps they have 'fear'. So, put them to those genting wild rides many many times. That will fix it. lol. ;)

17. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

or maybe get rajagopal (i suspect soon to be datuk rajagopal) to be the motivational/strategies/coach

18. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    still 90 minutes to go babe .. Malaysia need to play openly ~~ off topic ..

19. extremenanopowe

My guess is you need someone at the highest level which is a WC or OG champion. Of some big coaches or motivational speakers who did it at the top. AFF is just a small 'kici mayung' tournament. Anyone can win it. IMO. ;)