Vibram Five Fingers Shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by jackyche, Dec 7, 2010.

1. jackyche

jackyche Regular Member

Has anyone tried these for badminton? I see it mostly for running, hiking, etc. Not much for sports with a lot of change in direction.

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

why would anyone in their right mind bring those onto court?

3. what07

what07 Regular Member

I started a thread about this i think a few months back. I got a pair that were design for running as a gift. Really Grippy but no cushion so jumping will probably hurt ur feet.

4. YueFei

YueFei Regular Member

Student
    I own a pair of VFF KSO, but use it for the purposes as prescribed by Vibram, i.e. walking, running trekking and the like.

Once you get used to them, you may actually come to appreciate the extra degree of agility and traction they afford you. However, given some of the footwork maneuvers required in badminton, I would say keep them off the courts, as protection against toe jams far outweighs the advantage you would receive from wearing these.

Bottom-line: They're great in an activity where you are able to watch where you're going and choose your path, but can subject the user to great pain and injuries in a sport like badminton, as I'm sure no one would want to be staring at floors and calculating the optimum path to take when they're caught off guard and are required to change directions. :]

5. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    the threads and upper shoe material will not be able to stand the abuse in sports with a lot of direction change, tried them for one baddy session and tore some toe stitchings....manage to sew them back though...

6. YueFei

YueFei Regular Member

Student
    The KSO Trek should probably be stronger than the KSO, but the point is that, because of the exposed toes, wearing them for badminton will probably do you more harm than good.

7. gmore

gmore Regular Member

sorry to reviving this thread.

i been using my Komodo Sports to play badminton for about 5 years now. and not once have i been injured with it. it is so easy to move and change direction with these then the normal badminton shoes. until you have properly played a few sessions you won't get used to it.

the great things about five fingers is, its suits all type of court surfaces. from the wooden gym to proper court surface.

You really need to choose the right pairs though, I have used KSO treksport, Spyridon, Bilkila and Komodo Sport. Treksport and Komodo Sport is very good but the other two isn't so much. I might get a pair of KSO evo after my komodo goes.