lee chong wei excuses

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pBmMalaysia, Nov 16, 2010.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Oh..worry not, cobalt. OTB is a very rich man and could at the very least afford to bet several millions times of that amount.

Time to grab some of his share with this golden opportunity! Are you ready, cobalt?

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    you 2 want to grab otb?

i don't think so

he will have many excuses...

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Think I can afford a loonie and 49...but I have a gut feeling LCW will do it 2-0, almost can take it to the bank;):D I am actually happy that LCW lost in the team event (sorry for the bronze to MAS), and remember I am the first to post it here, that lost could be the turning point if Datuk goes on to win the gold.
    Even though I predict LD will win gold but if LD plays like he did in team event against TH, and not OLY08 or TC10 form against LCW, he could lose. The acid test is CJ, that is gonna be tough...assuming LCW-CJ match comes true. So far, all the players I want to watch are still there, there is hope.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Like brain fever, maybe? :D I think not. OTB is a "cool" customer.
    Besides, he has more faith in LCW finishing off BP in straight sets ($1.49) than LD taking the OG12 ($1.00) :D

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    No excuses...LCW WILL BEAT BP straights, I just check my crystal ball, bright and clear:D:p Even though LCW took 3 sets to beat CYK, he shows no sign of sick or injury, and that is a good sign...LCW will get better as he moves to the next round. Remember folks, you read it here first...LCW will go to the SF but my crystal ball is a bit fussy to tell who will win:D:p.

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Look closely in the crystal ball; do you see those fuzzy outlines of the letters T and H?

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Uncle, not fair, predictions supposed to come before the event starts. Cannot half way change2 :p

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Okay, Eagle, I stay with my prediction LD wins gold and CHN wins 6 gold....I predict correctly CY/FHF out and it happens;).
    What should I say now? hmmm...I favor LD over LCW because of home court, LD plays big in major and LCW's mental preparation due to WR1 and the burden/pressure he puts on himself, that's it;)...I hope that lost to BP will ease him up and with all the naysayers writing him off, that could be a blessing...I sense LCW is a player that when he knows he is going for the kill, he plays exceptionally whether LD or whoever he faces, but when he doubts himself and respect his opponents to a point he plays reactive badmnton and not playing his own game like in OLY08, then he is screwed. If LD plays not to OLY08 or TC10 form, and if LCW gains confidence (assuming LCW goes past CJ first), LCW can pull it off. So prediction and possibility/reality, take it from there. Hey, LD may lose to PSH, who knows?

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..if referring to MAS Men's team getting the bronze medal in this yr's AG, sorry, they didn't get it..

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Boonsak confessed in an Astro interview that compared to other pros his physical condition was not so good.

He was not as strong physically and definitely not as fit . It is obvious when you see him playing Taufik.

That would put him at a disadvantage against top players who can capitalise on it.

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    T and H, you mean Taufik...you think TH can really survive Park and Lin and then LCW/CJ in a row...good luck.

I mean with LCW losing to BP, MAS losing the bronze biscuit...out of medal contention.

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes, lcw looks ok but not the same usual one.

since you are confident of lcw, i will bet on him too.

i hope your crystal ball is round

but later don't give excuse its wasn't clear after the q-final! lol

13. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    this is quoted from The Star

The defeat by Thailand was a painful one for Malaysia. I took the risk to play even though I was down with fever. We didn’t really have much choice, anyway,” said Chong Wei yesterday.
    “I chose not to concede a walkover. I gave my best under the circumstances. Unfortunately for me, Boonsak was too good on the day.

Its a pity to hear such comment from Datuk LCW. Despite having a fever and ankle injury, he risked himself playing against BP, who himself is a tough opponent and on any good day will also be very difficult to beat. Despite that most probably he can aggravate his injury more, he still able to give his best, drag BP until to the 3rd set before he lost. His statements has a meaning in disguise to BAM actually:cool:. Hope he does well against BP today.

14. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You follow the game live too, even though the buffering is driving me nuts...2 straights, easy as chow-kwai-teow, darn that stuff really does taste good, here money also cannot buy. LCW will play even better the next round, that is my next prediction and looks like he will meet CJ and I say LCW will win but the score will be close...:D;)

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Today he was fit and reversed the result, although with some lapses going for the line and making mistakes unnecessarily,

for some reason that people who know him better will understand.

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

So we can conclude that LCW wasn't feeling well during the team event, otherwise there is no way that he could lose to Boonsak since he has beaten Boonsak in straight games almost every other time this year and last year.

17. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Latest injury dims Chong Wei’s golden bid

NST

19th Nov 2010

AN injured Lee Chong Wei started his Asian Games campaign in the men’s singles with an unconvincing performance at the Tianhe Badminton Hall yesterday. The World No 1, who received a first-round bye, played with a through the pain barrier of his injured wrist injury sustained last weekend during the team competition before edging Hong Kong’s Chan Yan Kit 17-21, 21-9, 21-6 in 39 minutes to advance to the quarter-finals.
    “I was playing with a headache and flu in the team event and had also injured my wrist. But I’m not thinking too much about it. I just want to give my best in every match in the men’s singles,” said Chong Wei.
    On his unconvincing victory over Yan Kit, the 28-year-old said he made a mistake by rushing into things.
    during the match.
    “I simply tried to rush my game in the hope of finishing it early. But I managed to get into my groove in the later stages,” said the top seed, who has been World No 1 since late 2008.
    The All England champion will face Thailand’s sixth seed Boonsak Ponsana in the last eight today.
    It is expected to be an explosive affair as Boonsak, who disposed of India’s Arvind Bhat 21-19, 21-12 yesterday, had upset Chong Wei 9-21, 21-10, 21-19 to help Thailand beat Malaysia 3-2 in the team event.
    “I’ve got to play much better tomorrow (today). I need to be at my best,” added Chong Wei, who won the singles bronze in the 2006 Doha edition.
    Compatriot Hafiz Hashim was, however, shown the door by South Korea’s Park Sung Hwan in the second round yesterday.
    The World No 20, who was hoping to make an impact in Guangzhou after failing badly in last month’s Commonwealth Games, lost 21-18, 21-19.
    In other matches, China’s third seed Chen Jin defeated Korea’s Lee Hyun IL 21-17, 21-11 and will next play Taiwan’s Chou Tien Chen, who overcame Japan’s Yamada Kazushi 21-15, 21-15.
    Olympic champion Lin Dan, seeded to meet Chong Wei in the final, strolled past Hong Kong’s Hu Yun 21-6, 21-13.

Read more: Latest injury dims Chong Wei’s golden bid http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/LatestinjurydimsChongWei__8217_sgoldenbid/Article/#ixzz15gt4XPpn

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Lee Chong Wei has defeated Boonsak Ponsana 9 out of 10 times before

FYI, I think Lee Chong Wei has defeated Boonsak Ponsana 9 out of 10 times before this 2010 Asian Games team match.

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

In all probability whoever unlucky enough to play CJ in a semi I think will have a recovery problem in the final.

unless the other semi is LD vs Park, then LD will be in the same situation.

Park has the formula to beat LD with the backing of Li Mao.

It is the luck of the draw, there is no need to blame players or answer with excuses,

this is the game of badminton and only people involved on the ground can understand.

other things being equal fitness and condition count a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

20. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    oh so now LCW had wrist injury. thats something new to the original flu, headache, fever and ankle problem. Lets see what else he got later today or tomorrow. He chose to announce it to the world before any big matches and not after he lost. not a bad idea afterall.