boleh-land loss to thailand...BOLEH!

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2010 - Badminton' started by pralinescream, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

guess u finally understood, not so difficult right?
    bam is totally useless and got revamped with each failure.
    its run by politicians and greedy businessman who juz wanna earn a quick buck.

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    bam run by politians and greedy businessman?

if what you claimed is true

imo, i think they are better off than you here making these accusations

remember, the forum is assessible worldwide

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

dude you totally missed my point

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

As an outsider (I.e. Not a Malaysian) I feel that BAM aren't developing any new up and coming players, with potential to challenge for SS and even GP level events. I feel that BAM were/are too focused and reliant on LCW, and they are too busy
    supporting him, instead of finding and developing new potential talent, which is able to replace LCW when he retires.

The future looks quite bleak for Malaysia in terms of Mens singles, from what I have read on BC over time, the way BAM treats some of the developing players, forces them to reconsider their position, and maybe pursue other careers instead of fighting foe their place. All because BAM would much rather send LCW and Hafiz to some GP event, just for them to collect ranking points, and give the false sense of security, by making it look that their MS players are much higher ranked than what they are in reality.

Looking at the results of the recently concluded Malaysia International tournament. It just goes to show how far BAM are falling back. #1 seed Choong Wei Feng, couldn't even reach the quarters. Losing to a player from Singapore.

I think that Malaysian badminton (especially MS event) could be quite hard hit in years to come. If you take out LCW where is the world class player ? HH and WCH are past it, and CWF, is nowhere near the standard needed to win SS or even GP events, and judging by the Malaysia International Challenge event, he isn't even good enough to reach the quarters, BAM need to identify talent early, and keep a jold of these players, instead of treating them poorly so they can send their "elite" to tournaments just to pick up ranking points, if they keep a hold of the so called "back up" players, and stop them pursueing diffferent careers then they might have a chance of staying with the elite in world badminton nations. Otherwise the only way is down I am afraid.

I personally think that Japan, Korea, China, Indonesia, Denmark, India and Thailand are in a better position in terms of youth players coming through the ranks.

5. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Thailand actually was a traditional power like Malaya but disappeared circa 1980s and 1990s.

Famous players from the past like Wattanasin, Raetna Samseung, Channarong, Sangob, Bandid Jaiyen, Sompol etc etc,

won some Opens internationally.

What some of you is saying is that we are no longer in the big league in team events except for a few key players who can win

big individual events.The world has moved on and we have other "priorities" especially economics just like the 70s,we are falling behind,it is difficult

to be able to excel anymore.Just look at our football and the sending off of 3 players in the Asian Games.We just have to live with mediocrity just like

other countries in the same boat.

Just like people prefer to support Brazil or Manchester United instead of Malaysia, maybe we can learn to support good badminton regardless of nationality.

6. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Relax guyz

atleast malaysia is still better than singapore in badminton or 'are we' ?

7. molex

molex Regular Member

Student
    I quote Bbn in his post right after yours: "Thailand actually was a traditional power like Malaya but disappeared circa 1980s and 1990s."

Players come and go, nations rise and fall. Coming from one who doesn't know much about how BAM operates, I do agree with what you say, but I wouldn't say that BAM is the only source of problems. In fact I would say that it concerns the Malaysian attitude, and it is possible to apply that to all scales and levels - governance, politics, the players itself, even the media and Malaysian society at large.

It is a sad thing to envision that MAS (and indeed, INA) may soon join, or already have joined, Thailand as "past" powerhouses, but there's nothing to say things won't change for the better in the future.... at least that is all we can hope for! ;)

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

another analogy:

If we feel that Proton cars do not give us a good deal in value, we can switch to Toyota or Honda, there is no law against that.

Or if we feel that local Us are no good, we can (If we can afford it) study in private Us or overseas.

Molex has just about summed up the ills, which has happened elsewhere eg.Britain in the 80s, Japan today etc. etc.Not everyone can be as dynamic as say China.We cant do much but we can still enjoy badminton just like we enjoy EPL.

9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Bam is not run by these people ,but the country is, just like many other lessor countries of this world.
    But we should not discuss politics here , and if we deny all these we must be blind.
    The whole world knows it, it is actually no longer necessary to even discuss such things anymore.Who are we fooling,ourselves?
    Anyway badminton basically remains the same, enjoy it!

10. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

there are many talented young players in malaysia if u have the opportunity to watch the schools circuit.
    but it is up to the sports admins to groom, discipline and guide them to become world champions. like how sir alex ferguson does for his youngsters so many times before.
    however, BAM is concerned only with money, patronage and short-term gains. datuk is a fat cash cow with multi-million ringgit sponsors. of course they focus on him. and the money from various fundings and sponsorship is not being funneled into the correct development channel, like what China and other countries are doing. let's not take pot guesses at where the money actually goes into... that is a topic for 'teh-tarik' session

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I am still shocked by the loss to Thailand. Boonsak is not in good form. When I see him play Taufik in FO, he was in a very bad form. How things can change. I guess for Malaysian fans, they just want to see a better performance. Frustrantion and grunting is expected. This shows they care and it is always good to keep on asking BAM; apa jadi? Gaji tak cukup? Mau kena pecat? Jangan main main sama Malaysia fans tau? ;)

Loosing to big guns are expected but not loosing to minnows. The Thailand mens department is nothing to shout about. For ladies thai team, yes, they have improved. ;)

#31 extremenanopowe, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  12. AE 86

AE 86 Regular Member

BAM should face the reality, relying on LCW is not the way to go, instead they should have focusing on grooming backup players & at the same time taking stern action on those under-performing players rather than keeping them in the hope of they will prosper in future.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..all i'm going to mention is: if LCW and/or KKK & TBH (or any MAS representatives in the individual events) fail to bag any kind of medal, then i don't know what else to say..they're given a 2nd chance in this AG, but i think failure to do that will bring a bigger "BOLEH!" to MAS badminton..:eek:

14. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

so who are you blaming ler?

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

This is all very accurate, but it is the mentality. Everyone is busy trying to get rich quick :Cepat jadi Kaya".

Previously the catch word was' Cari Makan" (many people in this forum are doing this) but nowadays greed has determined that cari makan is not

canggih, nowadays everybody want to "Cari Kaya (secepat mungkin)".

So its all a question of values, people have basically gone mad, instead of doing great things all they are concerned is about enriching themselves

above everything else. Only solution is to ensure only people of integrity and calibre are allowed to be leaders like in Singapore or other places.

Another way is of course is to ignore and just forget about nationality race religion etc and just appreciate a PERSON for his/her badminton.

I think the later principle can be applied to everything but its going to take many generations.

#35 Bbn, Nov 14, 2010
  16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oh! There you are again!

It's amazing how much stink one person can keep smelling. You should try stepping away from yourself.

It's amazing how much misrepresentation of other countries and their past achievements one person can conveniently make.

It's amazing how insulting a person can be on a public forum, and how condescending that person can be of other countries and their representatives.

It's amazing how a person can slander one of the most competitive badminton players in the world since the past 2 decades by calling him a villain, and get away with it!

But what is most amazing is how people like you are allowed to get away with this behaviour on a public forum.

There is not one constructive thing you can offer; only unfounded criticism for everyone, and insulting and derogatory phrases for entire countries.

Bah! Maybe your country should throw you out. Clearly Malaysia does not deserve you! :mad:

17. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i always knew you could be constructive in your posting if you want

like this post for instance, its readable here.

if there is any teh-tarik session, do inform..

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Actually (I'm not making excuses) LCW was flu stricken when he played Boonsak.

Obviously by trying too hard to be no.1 its taking its toll on his well-being.

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Such sentiments from Praline are understandable, I think it is better to be less emotional and be a bit more reserved and moderate in your
    comments.Most of your grievances are already known world-wide, no need to repeat them here or perhaps present yourself in a more diplomatic way.

#39 Bbn, Nov 14, 2010
  20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's called DELUSION.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.