APACS Lethal 70 vs APACS Tantrum300

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dyrtla, Feb 24, 2010.

1. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Yes, but only very slightly.

2. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    if i understand correctly from the floor tantrum 300 is much better in term of speed due to slim head design..better in defense...so if price not much diff then we should go to buy tantrum300 instead of lethal 70...?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Depends if you're playing singles or doubles.

Generally speaking, you'll want balanced (eg. T300) for doubles for maneuverability.
    And head heavy (eg. L70) for singles for power.

And you can't have both power and maneuverability, sorry... just plain physics... There has to be a compromise.

4. thejym

thejym Regular Member

What visor says is true. However, what you should also take into consideration is what exactly you're looking for from a racket? I've seen middle-aged people playing doubles at a recreational/intermediate level and there aren't very fast shot exchanges between the teams. In fact, sometimes it looks like they're playing singles with just some random doubles rotation, because they'll clear against the opponent with consecutive shots, etc. If you think that you can be characterized as one of these players, perhaps you don't need the most maneuverable racket out there. Maybe getting more power will help your doubles game. But again, that's why it's up to you to decide what you need to help improve your game. Is it more maneuverability to help you retrieve the faster shots (T300>L70 in this case, but only slightly)? Or are you looking for more power in your shots (L70>T300 slightly)?

5. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    If you want more power from a head heavy racket, then you will sacrifice its ability to control unless your wrist and arm swing is so good and consistent enough to maneuver and eventually tame it as long as you are playing with it, then its o.k but unless if it is not, and still you want both power and control coexist at the same time than a balance racket will be the choice.

6. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Not necessarily. Control is what you make of it. If you have the proper technique, the balance of the racket should not affect your ability to control your shots very much. Rather, it will make a difference in the amount of power you can apply to the shuttle and a difference in the ability to maneuver the racket.

Of course, you have to give yourself some time to get used to the difference in timing. If you're mistiming your shots, you obviously won't be able to control them...

7. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    i want heavy head but unstiff shaft..what u advise

8. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

heavy head must go with a stiff shaft... otherwise the shaft just bend till it's breaking point...
    i'm looking for a racket with a balance point between t200 and l60, hopefully the new revolution from panda will satisfy me when it comes out later this year...
    i think l60/70 will only be suitable for people between the age of 20-30, it does take quiet alot of energy to play with...and it must be strung to a high tension or the shuttle just flies everywhere...
    for the time being i think t200/300 will suit most people from intermediate to advanced players(not really suitable for beginners due to the relatively stiff shaft)

9. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Hi milford30,

I am using L70 for my doubles play. There is no problem. I can not feel it is headheavy and requires a lot of power to play. It is lighter to enough to play doubles. I am over 40.

I am also waiting for panda regarding Genesis and Revelation.

L70 will not require a lot of energy.

10. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

that would depend on the spec of your particular racket and how you play(i.e mainly smash, clear, drop etc...), there has been mention that some of them are not as head heavy, 1-2 hours play is ok, but when you go up to 4-5 hours, the difference is really noticeable epically if your an aggressive player..

11. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Yes you are right, it all depends on the spec. I am playing with L70 about more than 4 months. I am aggressive minded, but my partner is very much defensive, he likes drop shots. He had played 3 to 4 times with L70, he likes very much for its drop capability. So it is a racket for Smash as well as drop shot. May be my racket is lighter (4U). Smashes are good and drop shots are also accurate. In my opinion it is a 5 star racket.

12. aloy66

aloy66 Regular Member

Visible Hollow 1300 or Lethal 30 might be what you are looking for.

13. ApacsCanada

ApacsCanada Regular Member

Great comparsion here......

From my statistics... L70 is more popular than T300 in last 6 months. But T300 is picking up very good recently. It is a little faster racket. More all around ... I use both and all depends on my fitness. Personally, I use ES Spark a lot lately. Usually I don't recommend clone line. But this Spark some how I can say. You won't be disappointed.

Have fun...

14. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    One thing I can say...the Tantrum 200 is better than my newly invested 2nd Generation YY Ti-10 :)

15. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Agreed. I use to have the Tantrum 200 and it was a GREAT attacking racket.

16. zeozeo

zeozeo Regular Member

I have both the lethal 70 and the tantrum 300 strung at 25/27 with BG 65.

The balance point of my rackets after adding string and grip are:
    lethal 70: 309mm
    tantrum 300: 303mm

I played singles and doubles with both rackets for about 3+hrs so far. My initial impression was that the lethal 70 was a better racket than the tantrum 300 as I was able to smash much faster and accurately. Then tantrum 300 was slightly better at netplay during doubles but clearing across the court seemed to take more effort compared to the lethal 70.

But after 3hrs of continuous play with the lethal 70, my shots started to lose power and become more inaccurate. That's when switching to the tantrum 300 became more useful. :)

17. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

you really need to try bg80 at 27lbs, quiet a bit better than bg65 for T200/300

18. Cory

Cory Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Any comments on how L70 compares to YY AT700 or Li-Ning N90 rackets?

19. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Does the t300 has the exact dimension as the t200? I noticed the t200 head is not slim at all compare to general rackets.

20. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    Can u tell me where to get L70 4u please?