Yonex Voltric 70, VT70 SP

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by aramistuscany, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Denmark's Mogensen is using this racket.IMO,this racket is even head heavier than the 900P.It offers explosives hits,but lack in the solid feel.My main racket is 900P,so i just simply make a comparation between two.

The first time i use it,when i smash with my vt70,china strung 27.5lbs of BG80,it sounds explosives.It really stunned me,since i never heard that kind of explosive sound before.But then,when i change the grip settings,it changed.So,rite now i'm still finding an option on the grip settings,which suits me the most,without losing its dynamite effect.

I do hope that this racket can be my 2nd choice after 900P.

2. roy b

roy b Regular Member

AMEN brothers !!

I just hope that more people on the forum can now see through the complete bull that has been coming from YY marketing department over the last couple of years. To be honest, they are beginning to insult our intelligence.

And if I read yet again a post something like "the latest xxxx racket from Yonex is their greatest ever, and the Worlds greatest ever .........." I'm going to scream.

#182 roy b, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Honestly I never encounter Yonex advertising ... except here! :p Seems like there is more hype created here than by Yonex themselves ;)

4. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Regular Member

Why all the hate? All manufacturers market nonsense, Victor and LN are no exception. Yonex makes nice stuff, most of us have played with Yonex, badminton is better off with their pushing technology.

I don't understand why this racket has generated such strong feelings. I'm not a Yonex groupy, I play with Victor and LN, but I still don't get the response here. This might very well be a nice racket.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Well, the thing is that it's a lead-up to a price increase for their new range; at least that's the impression I'm getting. Their justification will obviously be "new technology and materials" blah blah, and combined with the new styling, they will introduce the Pro version of the Voltric at LiNing prices.

One thing is certain: if this racquet were good enough, it would not have left such a mixed and confused feeling in many minds. No one felt this way really about say the AT700 or AT900 series, or the NS series either. They were clear-cut and well positioned and for the most part, did what they claimed they would do. With the Voltric, the marketing is ambigious, and the racquet is even more ambigious!!!

6. Bluehinder

Bluehinder Regular Member

Too few people have played with it for there to be a consensus.

Don't get hung up on marketing, give the racket a chance before forming an opinion.

I have no problem with a "Pro" version. I'm all for advancing badminton technology. Eventually all technology drifts down in price. We all should want advances at the high end.

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LiNing racket prices are already absurd.... If yonex new 'advanced' rackets match those prices, it will be a very sad day for consumers.

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I don't know where this price hike talk is coming from? The rrp for VT70 is €179,95 (=NS8000) and retailing for €140 upon release this week ... pretty much standard for the high-end ones. ARC10's rrp is €199,95 (as is AT900. In Japan VT70 is indeed on NS6600/AT600 level on the other hand ... which should have put the VT70 at rrp €149,95 over here [​IMG] (and the rest of the world)
    On the other hand AT700 is a good deal cheaper with rrp €159,95 and generally selling for ~€115 now ...

#188 demolidor, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  9. TigerSmash

TigerSmash Regular Member

This racket needs time to settle, when LCW give up his 900P, voltric's time will come! Since he's added a new dimension in speed at the front court, it's a perfect racket for him! As for price it'll be quite high and drop after a month or so, but it depends on what's the market like and demand for this specific model, just like arc7 and arc10.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    OK, if you say so. :)

11. hubie214

hubie214 Regular Member

Anyone would like to comment on the flex of the VT70? It's rated as "Medium". Just got my VT70 and will give it a shot tonight to see if I want to keep it.

12. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    My Voltric 70 arrived today.

I'll be testing tonight and expect to write my review next week and post on my blog.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

13. hubie214

hubie214 Regular Member

Just tested the VT70 thru warm up, singles & doubles play. Gotta say that I was compelled to switch back to my ARC8DX (and eventually did). Then again, it took me about 3 months to transition from ARC-Z to 8DX. Not enough time to put in a review yet. But first impression did not live up to the hype. Then again, it may just be me. Shaft did not feel terribly flexible considering the fact that I've been playing with an xstiff racquet. String was NBG-98 which felt stiff compared to the BG-68Ti I normally use.

14. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Hi Paul
    Just read your review for this racquet. Excellent work and thanks. Just wonder would your feel for this racquet would be any different for 3U as your review is for 4U? Cheers!

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well the VT70 is said to be a medium-range racket, not a high-end one, yet it sells at a high-end price - that leads to the conclusion that Yonex will want to sell their VT top range racket(s) for even more. In Germany, Li Ning prices are the same as all others, so Yonex would be the most expensive brand if they follow through with this. I hope it opens the eyes of some of the Yonex bimbos at my club....although they'll probably believe the racket must be better 'cause it's more expensive -.-

16. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I'm so used to 3U racquets, I'm sure my feelings for this racquet will be the same.

By the way, there will be a stiffer version in 2011 with a bit more weight in the head. Most of you know by now that there will also be Voltric 5 & 7 in 2011 with medium flex shafts, but that's as much as I know.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think that ("said to be a medium-range racket") was based on the JP price being the same as NS6000/6600 when first news trickled through and word of a medium flex stiffness only ... It is aimed at intermediate males and advanced ladies same as for example ARC7 and NS7700 according to the catalogue. So are those medium range or high-end?
    I'm sure the price will drop, ARCZS used to be €160 and is now €140, ARC10 has dropped, 8DX as well and I'm sure the other models as well from the initial price.

Was your AT900P a 3U? Since as far as we know UK only gets 4UG4 "high-end" Armortecs ... AT800's before as well I believe.

18. Ultraman

Ultraman Regular Member

I'm thinking to get this racket soon. I heard from my friends here, the racket is too fragile. Is it myth or fact?

19. badder

badder Regular Member

I have used 4UVt70 for a month now, full time double, clash many times with partner. I rather think it's more durable than others.

20. Ultraman

Ultraman Regular Member

Thanks badder. Appreciate your feedback.