On what aspect(s) did you work to improve this year?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Yong, Jun 27, 2002.

?

On what aspects did you spent some effort this year?

1. Techniques

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tactics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mental toughness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Physicals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. None of them, but i will do next season

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None of them, i am satisfied the way i play

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. visor

visor Regular Member

3 things improved in my MD game in the past few months:

1. Wrist/forearm pronation.
    Much more effortless and powerful clears and smashes.

2. Backhand serves.
    Much more consistent and tighter by moving the contact point from the sweet spot up to the top of the racket frame.

3. Defence much better after having switched to a more balanced racket, ie. T2.

And for all these I have to thank this BC forum for the incredible amount of info and advice available.

#81 visor, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  2. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

1. Be more agressive
    2. If forced to a backhand, get behind it, remembering to switch grips
    3. And, RACKET UP!

3. sinerin

sinerin Regular Member

Foot work... footwork and more footwork. i still have a long way to go (madamada)

4. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Deciding if i wanna get coached or not! so i can get the CORRECT form down instead of having the semi correct form lol :p

5. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

me is just mostly technique and tactic, some physical and mental toughness, need the body to stay in the game for a long time and the mental so i can keep pushign myself to win

6. sinerin

sinerin Regular Member

what about a all choice?

7. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    I've been through my physical training for about 2years,but still not produce a satisfying result

8. aaronhor

aaronhor Regular Member

student
  9. flite

flite Regular Member

Positive spirit and outlook for the game

I always had this on my mind but for months if not years, this bad attitude (blaming and bad tempered) has stuck with me and do more harm than good to my game. It happens whenever there was a tight match againts good opponents and I would always blame my partner whenever he make silly mistakes. I would say something that sounds negative and put on a long face. This does not only provide an unfavorable result of the match but also jeopardize our friendship off court.

One fine day and out of the blue, it hit on me that this has to stop. I visualized all the down moments we encountered during matches and would it help us come a round the situation by throwing tantrums? Definitely a big no!!

I wanted change but how? I decided to seek advise from one of the very experience veteran player in my club and he was observant enough to analyse my weaknesses. This was what he said to me: You must practice to generate a positive spirit and outlook towards the game by staying relax all the time and not afraid to lose. You got yourself so worked up because you are afraid of defeat. Also if your partner is weak, try your best to cover his shortcomings in the game and give him words of encouragement instead of making him more demoralized. That way and at the end of the day, you would definitely become a better player and as a person off the court too.

Those words of wisdom stuck in my mind and since I practice what he taught me to be. I can assure all of you that my overall game and match results has definitely improved by great length and most importantly I learnt how to enjoy badminton.

#89 flite, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  10. danilo5753

danilo5753 Regular Member

IT Executive
    Mental toughness is one of the most impotant aspect too ~
    Hope to work more on positive mental attitude and technique :D

Happy new year everyone !!

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

they say "becareful with you're wishing for". I wished for something and getting something else LOL, but its not bad :) I guess i did not try hard enough but found my true me LOL

so 2011 i will make a more humble NY resolution than the ones in the past

My 2011 NY badminton resolution is: Just enjoy and have more fun with the game and become a better net player :)

12. aCROX999

aCROX999 Regular Member

I've improved a lot on techniques this year especially netplay techniques. Mental toughness improved a bit, but physical just a little bit(too bad :sad:).

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have been doing a lot of fitness work, over the last couple of weeks. It's probably one of the main issues that let me down on the court. I am trying to create a style of play, where I am able to outlast my opponent in a game. I have also been looking to improve mental toughness as well.:)

14. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    Flite,

I really appreciate your honesty. Your opening paragraph (bold) really resonates with me... I'm sure it will with others who read it also. Likewise, I have / had a bad attitude on-court. Not necessary unsportsman i.e. not shaking hands, or profanity etc, but just my whole demeanour in general. Whenever I lose, I quite often become very reserved and quiet and sit down and simply sip my water or towel-down without engaging in much converstaion. Regrettably, I do this more often than not. Quite frankly, I can be very rude to others - something which I feel very ashamed of. I tend to experience this mostly during my Doubles' matches, although I can get frustrated with my Singles-play also. The reality is, people make mistakes during matches and these mistakes are more costly with the new-scoring system. I never ever question or confront my Doubles' partner - rather I tend to let my frustration 'build-up' silently, when truthfully... I'm not as good a player as I think I am despite playing badminton for over 10 years.

I think a major 'problem' with my game is that I seriously try too hard. I find it very hard - almost impossible to relax on court which I'm sure is severly impeding on my game. At the end of the day, badminton is a game - and a glorious game it is. But, sometimes, more often than not I lose sight of this fact. During Singles, I tend to lose more games than I win, despite being a natural Singles player. My fitness and footwork are certainly an issue, but I tend to play the wrong shots; I have a tendancy to hit centre-on instead of using all four corners - A big NO-NO for Singles. It's no wonder I'm loosing. The thing is, I never get thrashed in Singles. I've played against top-quality players and always seem to give an honest account of myself; much to my frustration.

With regards to areas I'd like to improve on - certainly my attitude, but also my fitness. I've lost a lot of weight recently and quit smoking too having smoked for over 7 years. But I still feel I could be a lot fitter. I tend to 'slow down' past the 12/13 point mark.

#94 allyjack110, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  15. amleto

amleto Regular Member

wow, this thread will never die